[Q] Dev request for a Camera MOD

Search This thread

dwsmith

Jul 31, 2011
Burlington
Greetings,

When I was on my Sensation less than a week ago, the developers, many months ago made a camera mod of the HTC Amaze camera. The software and shutter lag were greatly improved.

With the Epic 4G Touch, I have noticed that taking pictures which are zoomed aren't as pristine as when I was on the Sensation with the Amaze mod. Could one of the developers here work on modding better software to our phone camera's?

I am sure others would be appreciative and even donate if this could be done successfully.

Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Greetings,

When I was on my Sensation less than a week ago, the developers, many months ago made a camera mod of the HTC Amaze camera. The software and shutter lag were greatly improved.

With the Epic 4G Touch, I have noticed that taking pictures which are zoomed aren't as pristine as when I was on the Sensation with the Amaze mod. Could one of the developers here work on modding better software to our phone camera's?

I am sure others would be appreciative and even donate if this could be done successfully.

Thanks and good luck.

Why does some like you have a donate button?

Reactions: ac16313

Shoulon

Apr 12, 2008
why is this in dev section? Do u not know how xda works yet? Anyways when zooming for a picture they still look great. Did u view the image after taking it zoomed? The preview when taking a picture always looks like ****.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Does this flash in ODIN or CWM?? and I cant find a download link.. what the hell kind of development is this?

Reactions: ac16313

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Does this flash in ODIN or CWM?? and I cant find a download link.. what the hell kind of development is this?

You kidding? He developed that whole paragragh he posted. He put all those words together to form sentences.

So just to prove you wrong, I tried to flash this thread in Odin but it did not recognize it. Then tried CWM and my gosh it worked! It booted up and I went straight to the camera app. I snapped a picture and amazingly the picture came out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I am not sure if it looks better then before but at least this mod didn't break my camera! Thank you OP, you truly fall in line with the top developers here. Good thing you have that donate button otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with my money!

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
I'm trying to find this camera mod? Where can I download it. OP, please repost link. TIA.

dwsmith

Jul 31, 2011
Burlington
Apparently reading must be difficult in this forum. As the title reads, this is a request for a mod to be made.

If you think the software on this camera is great, one word of advise go use other 8mp phones.

I can also tell you that the picture quality on the Nexus Prime is a lot better for the same camera. How could that be so if the everything is identical but the software? Since logical reasoning seems to be at a loss in this forum, let me answer it for you. Not all software is created the same. That is why different kernels can yield better performance of the same hardware.

Last edited:

beserker15

Sep 21, 2009
Apparently reading must be difficult in this forum. As the title reads, this is a request for a mod to be made.

If you think the software on this camera is great, one word of advise go use other 8mp phones.

I can also tell you that the picture quality on the Nexus Prime is a lot better for the same camera. How could that be so if the everything is identical but the software? Since logical reasoning seems to be at a loss in this forum, let me answer it for you. Not all software is created the same. That is why different kernels can yield better performance of the same hardware.

You're right, reading is difficult on this forum since a lot of people actually don't read THIS STICKIED THREAD first. Also the Prime's camera is definitely not the same, it's a 5mp non-backside illuminated sensor. If you look up pics posted in the general thread of this camera, pictures look quite good. Your phone either has a bad camera in itself or you're just being too picky?

dwsmith

Jul 31, 2011
Burlington
You're right, reading is difficult on this forum since a lot of people actually don't read THIS STICKIED THREAD first. Also the Prime's camera is definitely not the same, it's a 5mp non-backside illuminated sensor. If you look up pics posted in the general thread of this camera, pictures look quite good. Your phone either has a bad camera in itself or you're just being too picky?

That stickied thread has nothing against posting request for development so what is your point?

Have you actually read it?

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
☞Thread DELETED/Locked??? This is DEVELOPMENT section not Q&A/General!!!!
Originally Posted By: Mr. Clown
13th September 2011 07:55 PM
by Mr. Clown
Replies: 0
Views: 1,100

☞ ☆.☆.☆ OPERATION:IRON FIST, XDA & You!
Originally Posted By: jerdog
19th September 2011 09:48 AM
by jerdog
Replies: 0
Views: 1,672

☞[READ ME 1st] ☆.☆.☆ If YOU DID NOT CREATE "it" THEN IT DOESN'T BELONG IN DEVELOPMENT
Originally Posted By: jerdog

just the titles tell you its the wrong section, and you say people cant read...

hint, devs dont like the dev section littered with BS like this, so good luck on that request...

r1_2fast4u

Dec 30, 2008

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1322802785884.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1322802785884.png
    12 KB · Views: 115

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Attn DEVS:

Please make a MOD to include a FleshLight with this phone. Thanks.
    Greetings,

Thanks and good luck.

Why does some like you have a donate button?

6972175.jpg
    Hey man u made a mistake. Just say "it won't happen again" , take the high road, gain some wisdom, learn from your mistakes and enjoy the awesomeness that is xda.

Sent from my Galaxy S2