[Q] Notification Preview

Search This thread

iRadio

Jun 16, 2014
Newport
Morning all

Is there a way to get notification previews on the lock screen on the Z2? (Pop up box in center screen a la ios)
Have had a quick search on here and couldn't find any info, also been through a load of settings etc but havent stumbled across it.
I assumed it would be an option, without having to download another app.

Any help appreciated!
Ta
Steve

schallwert

Jan 6, 2012
Morning all

Is there a way to get notification previews on the lock screen on the Z2? (Pop up box in center screen a la ios)
Have had a quick search on here and couldn't find any info, also been through a load of settings etc but havent stumbled across it.

Any help appreciated!
Ta
Steve

You'll have to wait for Android L or use an app like Knock².

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knock.knock.plus

Edit: Turns out the feature you want is not yet released in Knock, and will only be available in a later version. Sorry bout that.

Last edited:
Reactions: iRadio

Sly Bastard

Sep 10, 2008
Morning all

Any help appreciated!
Ta
Steve

This is a response on another forum I did but it suits this situation so it's just a copy and past. Wasn't sure if you meant a response to sms or just notifications but both are covered.

You have 2 options really. I just am using them both as had enough of the standard text app telling me I had a message after I read it in the notification bar (there is a easier way but I liked all programs so kept using them). There are other apps but I use Chomp SMS to replace the standard messaging app. This will give you the option of reply bubble without going into the messaging app like Iphone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms&hl=en
Other options are Textra, GoSMS, Handcent...

But I have taken it on set further and use Nils which without the quick reply of Chomp SMS to give me the listed messages on the lockscreen as a widget. You can then just go straight to the message app from the lockscreen to answer if you hold and swipe.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roymam.android.notificationswidget&hl=en
This will become redundant once we get 4.4.4 where it become standard in android.

If you just looking after preview you could go one or the other without getting both. I liked ChompSMS so matched it with nils. Also can use Icon Changer if you dont like the Icon for Chomp SMS which I will probably do.

All programs are free and available from the Play store. And you keep the original lock screen as I like the unlock method as well.

Reactions: iRadio

iRadio

Jun 16, 2014
Newport
Thank you for your reply.
I'll check these out for sure.
Its funny, having been ios for 5 years, there are little things I miss.

What I don't miss is the godawful piece of trash known as 'iTunes'!!
(My main reason for ditching my iPhone, the other being I love my Nexus 7 and my little Nook HD)

Also just read up on Android L, lets hope the update rolls out to us Z2 users swiftly!

Thanks Again
SW

le_lutin

Dec 24, 2009
You can enable the Android L feature already if you are rooted.

I have it and it's brilliant. Root the phone, install Xposed, install Heads Up Notifications, and voila.

I also have Light Flow installed (this doesn't require root). This basically turns on your phone's screen when you receive a notification (you can customise it to decide which notifications you want). It used to really annoy me how the Z2 didn't turn on when a notification was received.
Now, thanks to xposed, Heads Up Notifications and Light Flow (lite), I have the perfect setup.

Mamabear313

Sep 1, 2015
Have a question hope you can help. I was getting weird text from a random number the other day so I blocked it. But in doing so I block all my messages notification so it does not tell me when I have a message. I've been trying to undo it but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions? Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Morning all

Any help appreciated!
    Ta
    Steve

You'll have to wait for Android L or use an app like Knock².

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knock.knock.plus

Edit: Turns out the feature you want is not yet released in Knock, and will only be available in a later version. Sorry bout that.
    Morning all

Any help appreciated!
    Ta
    Steve

This is a response on another forum I did but it suits this situation so it's just a copy and past. Wasn't sure if you meant a response to sms or just notifications but both are covered.

You have 2 options really. I just am using them both as had enough of the standard text app telling me I had a message after I read it in the notification bar (there is a easier way but I liked all programs so kept using them). There are other apps but I use Chomp SMS to replace the standard messaging app. This will give you the option of reply bubble without going into the messaging app like Iphone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.p1.chompsms&hl=en
    Other options are Textra, GoSMS, Handcent...

But I have taken it on set further and use Nils which without the quick reply of Chomp SMS to give me the listed messages on the lockscreen as a widget. You can then just go straight to the message app from the lockscreen to answer if you hold and swipe.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roymam.android.notificationswidget&hl=en
    This will become redundant once we get 4.4.4 where it become standard in android.

If you just looking after preview you could go one or the other without getting both. I liked ChompSMS so matched it with nils. Also can use Icon Changer if you dont like the Icon for Chomp SMS which I will probably do.

All programs are free and available from the Play store. And you keep the original lock screen as I like the unlock method as well.