Still worth it?

Search This thread

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting a ouya so I can use it to play android games/watch videos on my tv with it (and I will install cm11 on it) I can get a ouya for 70 euros , but here is the problem I have a pretty old TV and yes it doesn't have HDMI... Can I use a HDMI to VGA converter for it? If not I can use my parents' TV

Is it still worth it ( worth 70 Euros?)

Thanks,

Noahvt

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app

noahvt

Jan 27, 2013
Antwerpen
Weather it is worth it or not is up to you...but I can confirm that you can use an HDMI to VGA adapter with no problems. I'm doing that exact thing with my Ouya and an older computer monitor.

Well I found out that my country only sells the 1st ouya model ever made :/ I went to the ouya EU shop and found out that the ouya 16gb hasn't been in stock for a while the 8gb version on the website looks interesting too but is it the newer version too? It has the ouya logo on top of the power button

http://eushop.ouya.tv/products/ouya-console

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

PodCulture

Jun 29, 2010
Louisville, KY
www.PodCulture.com
Fairly certain that is just the regular 8gb model. The logo is prob not printed on...prob supposed to represent the unit being powered on since it does light up. The only variants I know of are the 16gb ones (a white and a black one) other than storage...same hardware.

Well I found out that my country only sells the 1st ouya model ever made :/ I went to the ouya EU shop and found out that the ouya 16gb hasn't been in stock for a while the 8gb version on the website looks interesting too but is it the newer version too? It has the ouya logo on top of the power button

http://eushop.ouya.tv/products/ouya-console

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Free mobile app

ajb999

Mar 27, 2009

There is a newer version than that with an additional antenna. I don't know where you are located but if you have access to amazon they have both for sale. The newer one is $10 more in the us.

unkoil

Dec 17, 2008
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about getting a ouya so I can use it to play android games/watch videos on my tv with it (and I will install cm11 on it) I can get a ouya for 70 euros , but here is the problem I have a pretty old TV and yes it doesn't have HDMI... Can I use a HDMI to VGA converter for it? If not I can use my parents' TV

Is it still worth it ( worth 70 Euros?)

Thanks,

Noahvt

Sent from my Xperia SP using XDA Free mobile app

I'm not sure if I'd buy one one at this point, I have one and I've been trying to figure out how to get a custom recovery on it, I do have the latest firmware on it (chupacabra + hotfix) which is not allowing me to install cwm.... So I can't install CM11 on it. I'm going to try changing the build prop and hopefully it allows me to flash cwm to it.

If I didn't buy the Ouya or Amazon Fire Tv, I'd look at G Box MX2.

brandogg

Jul 27, 2008
Is it worth it today? Only if you want Ouya games, through the Ouya store. There are much better options these days - Tegra 3 and 1GB RAM is severely outdated at this point. Not that there aren't a lot of things to do with the Ouya, but it's tablet shopping and picking up a Galaxy Tab 2 or something.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Weather it is worth it or not is up to you...but I can confirm that you can use an HDMI to VGA adapter with no problems. I'm doing that exact thing with my Ouya and an older computer monitor.