[APP]Remote Control App - v0.9.2 (Updated: 24.12.2010)

Search This thread

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
Remote Control App - Version 0.9.2

Hi all
I've created a Remote Control App for windows mobile. With this tool, you can control your PC with the mobile device.
There are two components: a server programm for windows desktop and a client program for windows mobile.
Connection is possible over WLAN or ActiveSync.

Screenshot:
remotecontrol_1.gif

Features:
  • Fingerfriendly
  • Remote control over WLAN
  • Media player control (Winamp, Windows Media Player, VLC, SMPlayer, iTunes)
  • Mouse & Keyboard control
  • PowerPoint control
  • Windows Media Center control
  • Supports WVGA, VGA, QVGA & WQVGA resolution
  • Multilingual (German, English, French, Slovak, Polish, Greek, Czech)

Requirements:
  • Windows Mobile 6
  • .Net Compact Framework 3.5

More Informations:
Link to the product webpage (in English and German)
Link to more screenshots

Release notes:
Version 0.9.2 (24.12.2010)
+ Exit button on the startpage was missing some times
+ Correction with fast forward/backward, hold down for repeating functionality is now possible
+ Keyboard does not disappear anymore on multitasking
+ Time is now showing as h:mm:ii when required
+ Connection interrupt is now detected and server is able to accept a reconnect
+ VLC playlist display correction for videos
+ Language: Czech

Version 0.9.1 (09.12.2010)
+ Corrections for QVGA resolution (F1-F12 keys, media player control icons)

Version 0.9 (08.12.2010)
+ Support for VGA, WQVGA & QVGA in the language chooser
+ After an update the language chooser tool will start to activate the latest translation file
+ IP-Address length limitation removed (for hostnames)
+ Fixed possible crashes on some devices with a hardware keyboard
+ Better support for videos: Fast forward/backward, fullscreen, mute
+ Minor bugfixes

Version 0.8 (18.11.2010)
+ Support for WVGA, VGA, QVGA & WQVGA resolution
+ Bugfix for Office 2010 presentation start (F5)

Version 0.7 (03.11.2010)
+ Support for Windows Media Player playlist
+ Support for iTunes
+ Stability improvments
+ Minor bugfixes

Version 0.6 (18.10.2010)
+ Scrolling possible on mouse touchpad
+ Mouse sensity adjustable
+ Possibility to keep some buttons pressed (volume control)
+ Stability improvments

Version 0.5 (12.10.2010)
+ Language Chooser
+ IP-Addresses display correction (server)
+ keyboard: F1-F12 added
+ Quick switch for mouse/keyboard
+ Minor bugfixes

Version 0.4 Beta (04.10.2010)
+ Missing translations
+ Fixed Autostart under Windows 7 x64 (hopefully)
+ Fixed Start (F5) for PowerPoint 2010 (hopefully)
+ Display the server IP adresses
+ Possibility to cancel connect
+ New feature: user actions
+ Stability improvments
+ Minor bugfixes

Version 0.3 Beta (16.09.2010)
+ Main features (first release on xda-dev)

Download:
Please go to Remote Control Download page

Every feedback is welcome. I'm interested in bug reporting, feature requests, comments and everything else.

Regards, Manitu

- Donate (PayPal USD)
- Donate (PayPal EUR)

Last edited:

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
FAQ

Q: How can I control VLC?
A: You have to activate the http remote interface in the VLC settings.
Go to tools then preferences. At the bottom check the "all" under "show settings". Then expand "Interface" and then click on "Main interfaces" and you can enable "HTTP Remote Control interface" from there. Then restart VLC. Maybe you have to configure your firewall that a local connection is allowed.

Last edited:
Reactions: babakgm

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
Pending Translations

Client: French
150=Settings
151=Mouse sensity:
152=Scroll sensity:

Client: Polish
150=Settings
151=Mouse sensity:
152=Scroll sensity:

Client: Slovak
150=Settings
151=Mouse sensity:
152=Scroll sensity:

Last edited:

fordry

Jun 10, 2009
Installed it on a Verizon Touch Pro 2 with energy rom 6.5 and Windows 7 64bit. Mostly working good. The physical keyboard on the tp2 works good and the mouse control is fine. opened media center fine.

Couldn't control vlc, seems to lock the vlc control screen if you press a button and it does nothing on the computer. first time i was able to hit ok and it went back to the main control menu, 2nd time though, it didn't and i had to stop the server in order for the phone to start responding properly again after it timed out the connection i guess.

Overall though, pretty decent, didn't try with media player or anything else, I have office 2007 so i will try that out for you and ill get around to media player soon. Sometime when i boot to linux ill try out my virtual xp setup with it. Speaking of, any chance to get the server operational on linux at some point?

Last edited:

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
Couldn't control vlc, seems to lock the vlc control screen if you press a button and it does nothing on the computer. first time i was able to hit ok and it went back to the main control menu, 2nd time though, it didn't and i had to stop the server in order for the phone to start responding properly again after it timed out the connection i guess.
hi
thanks for the feedback.
I just realized that I forgot to explain that the "HTTP remote control interface" from VLC has to be enabled as the server is communication over this interface with VLC (it is in the settings of VLC). I'll try to make it more stable when the remote control interface is not available and bringing a hint for this.

the server backend is using some windows API functions, I have no clue how to do this for linux, sorry.

matspe

Jan 20, 2010
Agen
hello,
First of all, thank you for sharing
I will test tonight on my HD2 rom sfr / Vista 32
and for French members,
here is my small contribution: the french translation for .ini file

as cited in the first post, rename the file "language.french.ini" to "language.ini"
voila!

Attachments

• language.French.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 65

fordry

Jun 10, 2009
hi
thanks for the feedback.
I just realized that I forgot to explain that the "HTTP remote control interface" from VLC has to be enabled as the server is communication over this interface with VLC (it is in the settings of VLC). I'll try to make it more stable when the remote control interface is not available and bringing a hint for this.

the server backend is using some windows API functions, I have no clue how to do this for linux, sorry.

Ahh, that worked. For anyone out there who doesn't know where to find this I'll tell ya. Open VLC, go to tools then preferences. At the bottom check the "all" under "show settings". Then expand "Interface" and then click on "Main interfaces" and you can enable "HTTP Remote Control interface" from there. No other settings, though I had to restart vlc in order for it to trigger the Windows Firewall to ask how to handle VLC so you will probably want to do that to get it setup with your firewall.

Another thing I found, I am using english and it shows english in the main server control window, but if i right click on the server icon in the system tray, its all still german.

Last edited:

BigMani

Oct 14, 2009
www.seelisoft.net
@matspe:
can you translate the server language file as well? then I'll include it in the next version.

@fordry:
I've added your introduction to the FAQ. thanks.
I see there I forgot the translation. I'll fix it in the next release. thanks again.

radzi

Dec 14, 2008
Using it on HD2 Tomus and WinXP sp3 and working perfect!

tried and worked perfect with: Powerpoint 2007, Winamp 5.56, MediaPlayerClassic 6.4.9.1, mouse, keyboard, actually I'm writing this from my phone jaja :)

in Mouse mode will be cool to se Page-Scrolling for up and down like notebook's mouse...

vielen dank!

Last edited:

Chal

Jul 6, 2007
xdaforums.com
really funny i'm working on the same right now but with something like config files for each programm so every user can remote control every program
but i have some problems with the server (it crashes every about 30 mins lol)

testet on HD2 with c2 duttys v10 or 11 windows xp sp3 and winamp 5...

the only thing i noticed are crashes when using the keyboard

a sroller would be nice yea and a search function in winamp and album art display

jjollyroger

Dec 5, 2009
Very nice app, thanks.
I'm typing from my HD2 keyboard and I've an issue about letters: to write in small letters I've to set the keyboard on capital letters :confused: and viceversa. EDIT: when restarted the app the capital letters were ok
both on pc and HD2 I have random crashes when typing , the error message is in german though I followed instruction to change the interface language.

could you please explain how to use the media players feature? it's not clear to me
thanks

Last edited:

fordry

Jun 10, 2009
could you please explain how to use the media players feature? it's not clear to me
thanks

I haven't used any of the others yet, but for vlc, you need to enable its http interface which i explained how to do in one of my posts on the 1st page. Then you need to open vlc manually and once open the controller can control volume, play/pause, stop, and it looks like it has a little playlist management though i didn't play with that at all so im not sure what its capable of there.

mrm99

Aug 1, 2010
Thank you for this app!!!

Xperia X2 - works great! I've been looking for such a piece of software for a long, long time... Thanks God I've found one that is good for me!:cool:

Symondo

Aug 19, 2010
Seriously impressed with this. I had G remote previously which i found was good although i struggled to set it up - then it just killed my network connections with the amount it was sending/recieving data.

However - after spending the past 15 mins trying to suss out why it wasnt working... I turned the wifi on on my phone lol
Worked first time, no issues and seems very light to use with no lag.

I do get an error message pop up but its in german after about 5 or 6 minutes which then closes down the client software.

My Suggestions: Can you build in landscape mode? would be very handy for the keyboard and possibly the media player.

Unsure how feasible it is but if you could make Swype work with this typing on the pc may actually become redundant.

Running on an HD2 with win mo 6.5.3 and Sense 2.5.2018

Edit:
It appears after using the keyboard after about 5 minutes the error message that appears in german (thanks to google translate) says: The connection to the server has been disconnected

Then the program closes. This doesnt happen with the mouse part of the program. It reconnects with no issues but unsure if theres an error within code which may cause this - hence reporting it.

Last edited:

Pdiminico

Sep 5, 2007
Over the Internet?

Will this work over the internet?

Can I set a port on my firewall and control from my phone over the internet on a 3G connection?

Thx

ebradhusla

Jul 11, 2008
Anyone that has a version that installs in English??

I'm having a hard time changing the language. I read the instructions and i just can't figure out how to do it. I'm feel like a noob :( Could anyone post a cab that installs in english?

ioandancus

Sep 24, 2009
It is working with TP2 (EnergyROM GTX 18Sep2010) Windows 7 and Power Point 2010 Beta. Only the f5 is not working.
Thank you it is a very nice and useful app.

ioandancus

Sep 24, 2009
I'm having a hard time changing the language. I read the instructions and i just can't figure out how to do it. I'm feel like a noob :( Could anyone post a cab that installs in english?

On your mobile phone, using File Explorer you have to go to MyDvice/Program Files/ RemoteControl Client and long press the "language.English" file -> press "rename" button and delete ".English" from its name.
On your computer you have to do the same with the "language.English" file that is in the folder "RemoteControl Server (Windows Desktop)" from the zip that you have downloded.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Remote Control App - Version 0.9.2

Hi all
    I've created a Remote Control App for windows mobile. With this tool, you can control your PC with the mobile device.
    There are two components: a server programm for windows desktop and a client program for windows mobile.
    Connection is possible over WLAN or ActiveSync.

Screenshot:
    remotecontrol_1.gif

Features:
    • Fingerfriendly
    • Remote control over WLAN
    • Media player control (Winamp, Windows Media Player, VLC, SMPlayer, iTunes)
    • Mouse & Keyboard control
    • PowerPoint control
    • Windows Media Center control
    • Supports WVGA, VGA, QVGA & WQVGA resolution
    • Multilingual (German, English, French, Slovak, Polish, Greek, Czech)

Requirements:
    • Windows Mobile 6
    • .Net Compact Framework 3.5

More Informations:
    Link to the product webpage (in English and German)
    Link to more screenshots

Release notes:
    Version 0.9.2 (24.12.2010)
    + Exit button on the startpage was missing some times
    + Correction with fast forward/backward, hold down for repeating functionality is now possible
    + Keyboard does not disappear anymore on multitasking
    + Time is now showing as h:mm:ii when required
    + Connection interrupt is now detected and server is able to accept a reconnect
    + VLC playlist display correction for videos
    + Language: Czech

Version 0.9.1 (09.12.2010)
    + Corrections for QVGA resolution (F1-F12 keys, media player control icons)

Version 0.9 (08.12.2010)
    + Support for VGA, WQVGA & QVGA in the language chooser
    + After an update the language chooser tool will start to activate the latest translation file
    + IP-Address length limitation removed (for hostnames)
    + Fixed possible crashes on some devices with a hardware keyboard
    + Better support for videos: Fast forward/backward, fullscreen, mute
    + Minor bugfixes

Version 0.8 (18.11.2010)
    + Support for WVGA, VGA, QVGA & WQVGA resolution
    + Bugfix for Office 2010 presentation start (F5)

Version 0.7 (03.11.2010)
    + Support for Windows Media Player playlist
    + Support for iTunes
    + Stability improvments
    + Minor bugfixes

Version 0.6 (18.10.2010)
    + Scrolling possible on mouse touchpad
    + Mouse sensity adjustable
    + Possibility to keep some buttons pressed (volume control)
    + Stability improvments

Version 0.5 (12.10.2010)
    + Language Chooser
    + IP-Addresses display correction (server)
    + keyboard: F1-F12 added
    + Quick switch for mouse/keyboard
    + Minor bugfixes

Version 0.4 Beta (04.10.2010)
    + Missing translations
    + Fixed Autostart under Windows 7 x64 (hopefully)
    + Fixed Start (F5) for PowerPoint 2010 (hopefully)
    + Display the server IP adresses
    + Possibility to cancel connect
    + New feature: user actions
    + Stability improvments
    + Minor bugfixes

Version 0.3 Beta (16.09.2010)
    + Main features (first release on xda-dev)

Download:
    Please go to Remote Control Download page

Every feedback is welcome. I'm interested in bug reporting, feature requests, comments and everything else.

Regards, Manitu

- Donate (PayPal USD)
    - Donate (PayPal EUR)
    FAQ

Q: How can I control VLC?
    A: You have to activate the http remote interface in the VLC settings.
    Go to tools then preferences. At the bottom check the "all" under "show settings". Then expand "Interface" and then click on "Main interfaces" and you can enable "HTTP Remote Control interface" from there. Then restart VLC. Maybe you have to configure your firewall that a local connection is allowed.
    Pending Translations

Client: French
    150=Settings
    151=Mouse sensity:
    152=Scroll sensity:

Client: Polish
    150=Settings
    151=Mouse sensity:
    152=Scroll sensity:

Client: Slovak
    150=Settings
    151=Mouse sensity:
    152=Scroll sensity:
    hi
    thanks for the feedback.

@matspe:
    can you translate the server language file as well? then I'll include it in the next version.

@fordry:
    I've added your introduction to the FAQ. thanks.
    I see there I forgot the translation. I'll fix it in the next release. thanks again.