SebastianFM or Faux123 kernal?!

Search This thread

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
Well I'm a little confused with these kernels, I have tried using both kernels with ARHD and the only one that seems to work correctly is the SebastianFM. The fuax123 kernel just keeps my phones CPU cores both at 1.51ghz, without any intelidemand governors, also, regarding RAM management, which one is the best between the two?

If anyone understands why the fuax123 kernel is acting weird, please clarify cause I'm stumpted,

Thanks a lot! :)

dislplin01

Apr 10, 2011
They are both great kernels I used bricked kernel myself but used to use Sebastian kernel for a long time just try them both for a week see what you like the best

Sent from my Xoom tablet using Tapatalk

hunter890

Dec 11, 2010
faux shouldn't be forcing both cores online, especially with his newer intellidemand tweaks. You can read his explanation on his thread. Which version of faux are you using? There was also a problem reported by some ARHD users that faux came with ondemand by default when they flashed the ROM. Reflashing the kernel should correct that.

I've used both kernels and both are fine for me, although different phones seem to prefer different kernels. It also depends on your usage pattern. As mike1986. himself says, if you're happy with your kernel, then don't change it. :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
faux shouldn't be forcing both cores online, especially with his newer intellidemand tweaks. You can read his explanation on his thread. Which version of faux are you using? There was also a problem reported by some ARHD users that faux came with ondemand by default when they flashed the ROM. Reflashing the kernel should correct that.

I've used both kernels and both are fine for me, although different phones seem to prefer different kernels. It also depends on your usage pattern. As mike1986. himself says, if you're happy with your kernel, then don't change it. :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA

Im actually having that very same problem of my governor being on "ondemand", how shall I reinstall the kernal, do I download faux's kernal from his forum or reinstalls ARHD and install the kernel given their during the installation process.
Thanks!

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Im actually having that very same problem of my governor being on "ondemand", how shall I reinstall the kernal, do I download faux's kernal from his forum or reinstalls ARHD and install the kernel given their during the installation process.
Thanks!

You can download the kernel from faux thread...and can flash it just like flashing Rom/any mod.....flashing kernel via Rom will give you the same results again....

Also if you just want to change the govener you can install system tuner to change it to intellidemand governer and apply the changes in system tuner to keep it for every reboot

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

Reactions: ddavij

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
You can download the kernel from faux thread...and can flash it just like flashing Rom/any mod.....flashing kernel via Rom will give you the same results again....

Also if you just want to change the govener you can install system tuner to change it to intellidemand governer and apply the changes in system tuner to keep it for every reboot

Thanks for your fast reply!
I'll reinstall that kernal,
I don't want to install system tuner and need to have it always running in the background for the cpu to be in intellidemand, that's why I want the kernel to do it automatically,
but ill try and flash the kernal again,
thank you!

lollaz

Apr 4, 2012
I tryed each kernel, and i had a problem with the first flashing of each one, dunno why!
i had to reflash always twice time, and at the second time everything were good.

i'm now holding Faux kernel, i think is awsome, let have a look at my attachments to see my battery usage with intellidemand..

bricked one is good too, as all the other users told u...TRY'EM ALL! :)

Lollaz

gachana

Feb 23, 2012
Finfine
I have used Sebastian kernel for weeks. Tried also faux. I had my best experience with bricked on ARHD 6.6.3.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2

ddavij

Apr 21, 2012
Melbourne
Well I've now tried Faux123 for a few days and my battery life has been drained, right now, at day 3 of having faux, I'm at 46% battery with 9 hours and 33 minutes of usage, though with SebastianFM I got like one and a half days, solid, If I was bothered I'd upload a picture showing my phone lasting for 1 day and a few hours with Sebastian. Dunno why but battery life/smooth phone really contradicts itself :/
What's a bricked kernel? I've always been hearing about it but don't entirely understand what it is, sorry but I'm kind of new to this whole kernel thing :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks!