Feb 12, 2012
Largo

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389444924440.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389444924440.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 15,773

CliveEP

Jul 14, 2007
They have to get this right after the s3 4.3 debacle, I only want this pushed out if it is 100% working!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

paul_59

Feb 6, 2011
Don't understand the relevance of this thread.

I bought my Note 3 in November 2013 and since then I have been reading that Note 3 would likely be getting Kit Kat in late January / early February.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

Lonzo_SGS2_506

Jan 6, 2012
San Jose
I wouldn't be so excited about this update.. A friend of mine who has the nexus 5 regrets of it .. The update was only an unthinkable restriction to certain android features.. According to him... My note is flying now on 4.3 and it can do more things than any other device in the market.. So.. Unless the move to KitKat is smooth I would stay in 4.3 for a while... Or I could be wrong.. Will see.. Hehe.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

aydc

Jul 31, 2006
I used to use 4.4.2 on my HTC One, before buying Note 3. KitKat 4.4.2 is nothing special unless you switch from Dalvik to Art, which Samsung will definitely not allow (neither did HTC, I was using the Google Edition ROM).

Other than Art, improvements in 4.4 are under the hood or related to devices with 512mb RAM or less. So don't expect much improvement to Note 3.

However, I'm hoping that Samsung will use the switch to 4.4 as an opportunity to iron out the bugs that cause battery drain. That'll certainly make the ROM upgrade worthwhile.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Not worth it if it BREAKS half the functions on APPs.

Every Update, They keep decreasing the number of functions APPs are able to use in Android.

So apps get more and more dumbed down until they are no different than Apple iOS Apps.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
I'm sure all it will do is lock the system some more, like already MJ7 does, compared to MI7 which I have, also probably will get rid of permission settings which I use now and yeah, improving performance on 512MB phones now, when most makers going toward higher memory options, ain't that great? My phone runs good, battery is great, so I think I'll stick to "Don't fix it if it ain't broken" motto for my own good. I updated my old GS3 to 4.3 recently. The only difference I can see is that useless, stupid Knox now loaded on my phone, lesson learned, thanks.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
I'm sure all it will do is lock the system some more, like already MJ7 does, compared to MI7 which I have, also probably will get rid of permission settings which I use now and yeah, improving performance on 512MB phones now, when most makers going toward higher memory options, ain't that great? My phone runs good, battery is great, so I think I'll stick to "Don't fix it if it ain't broken" motto for my own good. I updated my old GS3 to 4.3 recently. The only difference I can see is that useless, stupid Knox now loaded on my phone, lesson learned, thanks.

Yea man, feel for ya, gotta be super cautious of the bootloader changing after MJ1.

That's why it's best to not use OTA and read like a thousand developer posts before updating.

But either way, regarding 4.4, eventually you'll have to update once Apps start abandoning support for 4.3 just as they have for ICS.

ICS has lost a large fraction of apps that previously work for it thanks to Dev's abandoning support for older OSes.

This is becoming a serious problem for "oldER" devices moving forward.

Because of this, Android devices really shouldn't have much resale value.

Not only does a device not keep up with NEW features, but it's ALSO LOSING OLD FEATURES.

LOL Android, What a Joke. :laugh:

Tho to be fair, I understand this to be the cost of breakneck developing speed platforms compared to matured platforms like Windows.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Well, the way I look at it, in about 4-6 months Knox and all those new locks will be mere inconvenience and then if I need to upgrade to get some new programs to run, I will. But I don't share "can't wait to upgrade" attitude of others. I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 pretty much on release day, what a stupid move that was and what a pain to downgrade back to Win 7, never mind the money spend.

klau1

Jan 1, 2008
Well, the way I look at it, in about 4-6 months Knox and all those new locks will be mere inconvenience and then if I need to upgrade to get some new programs to run, I will. But I don't share "can't wait to upgrade" attitude of others. I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8 pretty much on release day, what a stupid move that was and what a pain to downgrade back to Win 7, never mind the money spend.

The point is, if you upgrade to get some programs to run, some other ones will stop working.

Look at Tasker, seems like the number of accessible Google APIs for Apps are decreasing every version.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
It'll be interesting to see if custom ROMs and kernels will allow ART to be enabled... however Wanam fails with ART, so people might not bother with it too much.

Top Liked Posts