Which case should i get?

Search This thread

xMrArnoldx

Mar 22, 2013
so im very particular about my case. What im looking for is a case that matches my siler HTC one as well as possible, so probably white and black. I prefer a minimalistic, modern look. I prefer it to feel good in the hand. and lastly to offer decent protection but not be huge and bulky. Here are the cases im deciding between at the moment. but im open to suggestions

Bodyglove Brushed
mo5nPE70-K2CcTjxCKCaB-Q.jpg

UAG
uag-protective-case-for-htc-one-2013-navigator-white-p39598-300.jpg

Speck candyshell
htc-one-speck-candy-shell-21.jpg

freshlimes

Nov 7, 2012
California
I've personally always liked the Speck Candyshell. Durable as hell. Had my One X covered in a Candyshell and it got ejected during a car crash. The case had deep gashes but the phone was untouched.

xMrArnoldx

Mar 22, 2013
I've personally always liked the Speck Candyshell. Durable as hell. Had my One X covered in a Candyshell and it got ejected during a car crash. The case had deep gashes but the phone was untouched.

How much bulk did it add? And how does it feel in the hand? Because it looks like the white is a shiny plastic.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app

freshlimes

Nov 7, 2012
California
It adds probably 2mm to the thickness. It doesn't feel slippery or anything, they do a pretty good job of making the case fairly grippy.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

DeathAngel66669

May 24, 2013
I have a Cruzerlite Bugdroid, clear case. I discolored in about 2 months, looks nicotine stained, lol. I would recommend the Otterbox Commuter, which I also have.

Fuzi0719

Jul 15, 2009
Palm Springs, CA
I have the Cimo S-Line clear case for my HTC One (M7). I've had it for about 4 months and it has not discoloured. I like that it doesn't detract from the sleek look of the phone, yet it does keep it from getting scratched and has enough "bounce" to protect it in a drop and keep the screen raised just enough to prevent contact with the ground. Link to the product on Newegg as well as link to another post I made with pics of my actual case/phone.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1PF0PC2922
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52599508&postcount=8

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
Here's my Bear Motion case... not at all the protection of the two you posted but I like a minimalist case that just keeps the phone from the everyday scratches that I can still easily fit in my slacks without bulking up too much. It's got a sweet felt/cork like coating on it. It's very nice in the hands.

See attached pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_20140521_204107_1.jpg
    IMG_20140521_204107_1.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20140521_204322_1_1.jpg
    IMG_20140521_204322_1_1.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

Guids

Sep 11, 2011
Here's my Bear Motion case... not at all the protection of the two you posted but I like a minimalist case that just keeps the phone from the everyday scratches that I can still easily fit in my slacks without bulking up too much. It's got a sweet felt/cork like coating on it. It's very nice in the hands.

See attached pictures...

That looks exactly the same as my imak case. Bought it from eBay under 10 dollars.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

xMrArnoldx

Mar 22, 2013

See attached pictures...

i like the look of it, but i know im a clutz and would end up dropping it and damaging the phone xD which is why im going for something slightly heavier duty

control187

Dec 14, 2012

See attached pictures...

Second this. Got the blue on Amazon for $7 and can fit a Qi receiver underneath for wireless charging.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Soul TKR

Jun 19, 2011
Seattle, WA
www.wesvfx.com
i like the look of it, but i know im a clutz and would end up dropping it and damaging the phone xD which is why im going for something slightly heavier duty

Yea if you are somewhat accident prone, then I'd definatly get a heavier duty case. I vote for the UAG case. That's the one I'd go for if I were to get a more rugged one. I'd like the white one, but have heard about camera flash issues with it...

Second this. Got the blue on Amazon for $7 and can fit a Qi receiver underneath for wireless charging.

I almost got the blue one! Thought it might be too flashy for me at work and settled on the black which I love. However I'd still like to see pics of your blue one if you got em :)

More information on this Qi charging system. I've seen a few, but none that are small enough to fit beneath this case...

control187

Dec 14, 2012
Yea if you are somewhat accident prone, then I'd definatly get a heavier duty case. I vote for the UAG case. That's the one I'd go for if I were to get a more rugged one. I'd like the white one, but have heard about camera flash issues with it...

I almost got the blue one! Thought it might be too flashy for me at work and settled on the black which I love. However I'd still like to see pics of your blue one if you got em :)

More information on this Qi charging system. I've seen a few, but none that are small enough to fit beneath this case...

I usually take pictures with my phone but will try to get one later. It's pretty subdued though.

This is the qi receiver I bought.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IYD5I16/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_FoGHtb0GET0BP

freak69ize

Mar 25, 2011
Google Pixel 3 XL
Samsung Galaxy S10+

See attached pictures...

I was looking at the same case a couple hours ago. Does the case fit it good??

chrisradcliffe23

Dec 25, 2010
OnePlus 9
Yeah I have the Bear Motion case as well , I have the blue. And it's perfect if you need a case for grip but not protection. The case looks very well built and is extremely slim. The finish is very smooth but also has some grip to it. For $6 on Amazon I couldn't get a better deal.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Avoid clear-ish thermoplastic cases. Just an fyi they will discolor after a few months of use. They are cheap and not bulky, but don't maintain their clear appearance