GPU having signs of death, motherboard cooking an option?

Search This thread

yackaro

Apr 27, 2014
so, I have all these pretty colors when I run 3d graphical applications other than Minecraft PE and 3DMark (no idea why only MCPE and 3DMark would work fine). I'm thinking the GPU might have been dying from the day I got it and I never realized. I've heard of a GPU repair technique where you literally put a dead/dying graphics card into a 385° oven for ten minutes, would that work with my tablet's motherboard? if so which way would it need to face? side facing the screen upwards or side facing the back of the case upwards? I want to get rid of the pretty colors, cause I am an evil and dark man who wants a world of black and white with the exception of blood red (all joking aside, I want my 3d games to look right on this heavily abused tablet that I'm always loading roms and kernels of varying stability to)

Sent from my nVidia Shield using XDA Free mobile app

yackaro

Apr 27, 2014
well,I baked the motherboard, the battery was completely dead when I disassembled it, got it back together and on the charger, no signs ofcharging so far but I think it'll turn the screen on with the charging thing soonthe battery was like, [/italices]dead[italices].
excuse my imperfect knowledge of BBCode if dead isn't italicized.

Sent from my nVidia Shield using XDA Free mobile app