[Q] Source Compilation of Android for N4

Search This thread

gur-i

Apr 30, 2011
Bangalore
Hi Friends, I was wondering how to compile android from source for My MAKO Device ?

before anyone says that What the Heck ?? ____ I have been through many tutorials, unfortunatily those are for compiline CM which i am not able to clone on my Laptop due to some GIT access issue from my Workplace.

Further i followed the official documentation for compilind android on source.android.com and was able to bild the IMAGE but as soon as i flashed the Image My Nexus's scren got blank and nothing happened .

so, can someone please guide me on how to compile Android from Source (NO CM/ ETC.) for MAKO ..

Thanks in Advance.

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
AOSP (source.android.com) is android. Are you sure you compiled the right packages. That you included the prebuilts and everything?

gur-i

Apr 30, 2011
Bangalore
Ya . I did everything step by step. And finally I got the images but after flashing the images on my N4 I got a blank screen after boot animation.

Do you have another link so that I can try that method !.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Ya . I did everything step by step. And finally I got the images but after flashing the images on my N4 I got a blank screen after boot animation.

Do you have another link so that I can try that method !.

Did you compile for the right device? I believe the guide on source.android.com is for the emulator.

gur-i

Apr 30, 2011
Bangalore
Well they also have a device guide, which i followed , do i have to manually add device driver binaries as i did not do that as ot was not there in the guide.

gur-i

Apr 30, 2011
Bangalore
Sure SMillerNL, i will do it again and report back.
Another thing, is actually , when i compile the sorce, I get various images, bootloader.img, system.img, etc. So, How to make a flashable zip out of those, so i can test the rom on MultiRom on my device, rather than flashing from ground 0 , as nexus4 is my kinna daily driver mobile phone.