SPB Weather Aussie Weather Source

Search This thread

Juboha

Mar 8, 2007
Spb Weather - Australia Weather - WeatherZone - 2009

Here is an update superseding the above post (the template that can be found in the link above was written by me in haste).

The above one has a bug where it doesn't show sub-zero temperatures.

Please thoroughly read the instruction within the template by opening it with Notepad (for Windows users), in order to understand that not all city code will work without the work-around provided by this template.

EDIT: All. I'm terribly sorry but I have found further bugs.

BUG#1 - Old forecast temperatures lingers when 7 day forecast is updated @ WeatherZone - FIXED.
BUG#2 - Current weather (day1, current time slot) does not show wind speed - FIXED.

Attachments

• weatherzone_detailed.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Snapfour

Jun 29, 2009
I think this is broken again, all I get is error downloading data from site. Im using the latest template and other cities using Gismeteo work fine.
Edit: Forget that, im using 1.7 and not the 2.x version. Is there any way to get Australian temps in 1.7?

Last edited:

JaGuR

Jul 27, 2009
Was a slight error in this code / template, stopping the program from displaying current sky conditions

skip_to_text("/images/icons/pdf_30/", false);
skip_to_text("/", false);
begin_var;
//skip_chars("a-z_");
skip_chars("a-z/");
sky = end_var;
sky = skyMap[sky];

Big thanks to original coder

Cheers

Last edited:

stanna67

Jun 26, 2006
No weather icon in the afternoon

Hope someone can help me here and point me in the right direction. Running this weather source I get current weather icons working in the mornings, but in the afternoons I get no icon (or N/A).

Where in the code do I need to change to get it to pick up the details properly in the afternoons?

Thanks

Simon

Juboha

Mar 8, 2007
Was a slight error in this code / template, stopping the program from displaying current sky conditions

skip_chars("a-z/");

Big thanks to original coder

Cheers

JaGur. I don't get it... I was trying to get to the GIF icon name (without ".gif")
The GIF name uses "_" (underscore) as part of the name (e.g. mostly_cloudy).
Without it (_), you won't get the whole name.

danalive

Jul 24, 2008
Melbourne
Hi All,

I'm trying to define an overseas custom city using the weatherzone tpl file. Is this possible? It doesn't seem to be using the normal method, for e.g. "/world/europe/france/paris".

Can anyone provide some advice? :)

thanks,
dan.

Juboha

Mar 8, 2007
Hi All,

I'm trying to define an overseas custom city using the weatherzone tpl file. Is this possible? It doesn't seem to be using the normal method, for e.g. "/world/europe/france/paris".

Can anyone provide some advice? :)

thanks,
dan.
Short answer, no.

Long answer: I didn't realise worldwide weather was available on WZ site. I might consider include it in the next tpl release... if I can find the time. :(

yarrumaa

Feb 13, 2011
Evening. I'm using the template weatherzone_detailed.tpl VERSION 03.12.2009 which does an excellent job of downloading and displaying the 7 day forecast for the selected locations. With the display of the current conditions at the top of the screen, it is always about 25c and a storm icon. I have been through the code several times, but can not work out where this is coming from. There is no mention of 25 in the debug log and yet it is displayed as the current temperature. Any ideas and is anyone else suffering the same issue? I have considered it might be related to the location/environment settings of my PDA, but it is set for Australia so I can not see exactly how. Any ideas greatly appreciated. I'm also running the SPB Today plugin V2. OS WM 6 Classic. Thanks