[ROM][09/08/11] Virtuous Doubleshot v1.1.6 :: Sense 3.0 MT4G Slide (Base 1.28.531.9)

Search This thread

eViL D:

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 14, 2006
Virtuous-2.1.png

Doubleshot

Virtuous Doubleshot is a port of the ROM from the MyTouch 4G Slide, which features a custom version of Sense 3.0. It is based on the final/official base (Doubleshot_TMOUS_1.28.531.9). The custom Sense variant featured in this ROM is called Espresso, which is quite different visually from standard Sense UI. Additionally, the MT4G Slide is a WVGA device, meaning no re-sizing was needed.

Screenshots

ds1.jpg
ds2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

Features

• Based on the official MyTouch 4G Slide shipping ROM (Doubleshot_TMOUS_1.28.531.9).
  • Native rotating Rosie (launcher) support. (Vision only)
  • Ported for full functionality on each supported device.
  • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
  • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
  • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
  • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
  • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
  • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
  • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
  • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
Supported Devices

• myTouch 4G
  • Desire Z / T-Mobile G2
Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Doubleshot, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• For Vision users, the Desire Z hboot is REQUIRED. Rmk has written a guide for G2 users who need to make this transition.
  • If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
  • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
  • Disconnect your USB cable prior to the first boot, otherwise the Market apps do not install. This is because the default USB connection mode is "Disk Drive". We will resolve this issue in a future release.
Change Log:

v1.1.0
Initial release (check features)

v1.1.1
Fixed wifi calling (untested)
Fixed Gallery editing

v1.1.2
Fixed wifi calling (for real!)

v1.1.3
Fixed ffc fc when changing widescreen
Added kernel to update

v1.1.4
Fixed mms with wifi

v1.1.5
Contact pics in messages fix

v1.1.5b (for those with disappearing mobile data)
Removed wifi calling

v1.1.6
Added rotating Rosie - thx to phanirvcse
Edits to improve battery life

(Please remember to hit the "Thanks" button if you download the ROM)​

Last edited:

j0e_ahm

Jul 9, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Nice... What Kernel would work best with this ROM? and is visual voicemail
in this one? I don't see it on the screen shots? THANKS!

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
Too sweet! I wonder if I can just take the visual voicemail from daddydc650's doubtshot rom and drop it in?

Sent from my HTC Doubleshot using XDA Premium App

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
Will this crop pictures correctly or will it still crop it for scrolling wallpaper?

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
YES, Can't wait to try it out. I've wanted a good running version of this for a long time, thanks for the work.

bigwillyg

Mar 1, 2011
Thanks for the reply evil d, was visual voicemail removed or left in?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Virtuous-2.1.png

Doubleshot

Virtuous Doubleshot is a port of the ROM from the MyTouch 4G Slide, which features a custom version of Sense 3.0. It is based on the final/official base (Doubleshot_TMOUS_1.28.531.9). The custom Sense variant featured in this ROM is called Espresso, which is quite different visually from standard Sense UI. Additionally, the MT4G Slide is a WVGA device, meaning no re-sizing was needed.

Screenshots

ds1.jpg
    ds2.jpg

ds3.jpg

ds4.jpg

Features

• Based on the official MyTouch 4G Slide shipping ROM (Doubleshot_TMOUS_1.28.531.9).
    • Native rotating Rosie (launcher) support. (Vision only)
    • Ported for full functionality on each supported device.
    • Heavily optimized for fluid performance and usability.
    • Overclocked kernels with numerous additional kernel modules.
    • Built-in screen state frequency scaling (1Ghz-245MHz/ondemand screen-on, 806Mhz-245Mz/conservative screen-off), via custom built Virtuous_OC C daemon.
    • Trackpad wake support (DesireZ/G2 and MT4G only).
    • WiFi calling (T-Mobile USA only).
    • Fully functional device hardware, including wifi, bluetooth, camera, camcorder, etc.
    • Market-sourced applications (Gmail, Maps, Voice, etc) automatically installed on first boot into /data/app for easy removal.
    • Bloatware and unnecessary applications removed.
    Supported Devices

• myTouch 4G
    • Desire Z / T-Mobile G2
    Porting Information and Credits

Virtuous Doubleshot, or any components therein, may not be ported to other devices without explicit email approval from the development team. We will be approving ports, presuming the develop of a given port is ready and willing to follow the same revision control and release processes currently employed existing devices.

Important Notes

• For Vision users, the Desire Z hboot is REQUIRED. Rmk has written a guide for G2 users who need to make this transition.
    • If you are experiencing random freezes and/or reboots, this is likely due to your device being incapable of handling our overclocking defaults. Download and apply this flashable patch, which will reduce the maximum CPU frequency to 1Ghz and likely eliminate this issue.
    • You must complete a full wipe prior to installing this ROM the first time. We also recommend wiping between upgrades, but you are welcome to try upgrading without a wipe. However, no support will be provided if you file a bug without having wiped prior to submission.
    • Disconnect your USB cable prior to the first boot, otherwise the Market apps do not install. This is because the default USB connection mode is "Disk Drive". We will resolve this issue in a future release.
    Change Log:

v1.1.0
    Initial release (check features)

v1.1.1
    Fixed wifi calling (untested)
    Fixed Gallery editing

v1.1.2
    Fixed wifi calling (for real!)

v1.1.3
    Fixed ffc fc when changing widescreen
    Added kernel to update

v1.1.4
    Fixed mms with wifi

v1.1.5

v1.1.5b (for those with disappearing mobile data)
    Removed wifi calling

v1.1.6
    Added rotating Rosie - thx to phanirvcse
    Edits to improve battery life

(Please remember to hit the "Thanks" button if you download the ROM)​
    Kernels:

eViL-7x30--8-23--2 (OC/UV, SLBQ, Noop, smartass, mms over wifi, ext4, LZO)

MODS:

CRT ON/OFF HERE
    Here you go v10 http://www.multiupload.com/V3XYUQVM0O
    V15b http://www.multiupload.com/GUEEBZME6I
    Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
    Updated to v1.1.6
    From team unity,

Virtuous Team Monthly Update

I have decided to start doing monthly updates to let you all know about current development and the projects which the team is working.

So I will start with the question that you are all asking

Sense 3.5 As those of you who follow us on twitter will know we have said a couple of times that we are waiting for a better base, I would like to explain to you a bit more about our current view on this matter. Before the Unity project official Virtuous release were always based on stable releases from HTC, this was to eliminate any bugs that may of been present it leaked ROM's but to keep Virtuous ROM's on the cutting edge we had to start using leaks then re-basing our ROM's once stable releases were released. These leaked and stable ROM's come in the form of RUU (ROM Update Utility). We have an RUU for HTC Bliss but the one that we really want to work on is the HTC Runnymede. Currently we are unable to get the leaked RUU for this device as there is only one development team that has access to it and all ROM's that are currently available are based off this teams original release. We could base our ROM of this but this is not a route that we wish to go down. As and when we get the RUU we will work to build the ROM from the ground up using are own tweaks and optimization's so you get the fast and stable ROM's that you are used to from us. So rest assured it will come but only when we can release something that is our own work.

Unity Some of you have commented to be that development on Unity has slowed down recently. This is because like you we are waiting to start on Sense 3.5, currently we are undecided if we should just update Unity to 3.5 or make it a brand new project. It seems like the majority would be happy with us to update to Unity to 3.5 but if there is enough demand for a Unity to remain a Sense 3.0 ROM we will release a final and stable version. If you could let me know your thoughts on this it would be appreciated.

New Devices We recently added the HTC Doubleshot to Unity's list of supported devices, we have now purchased the device and we should have it in our hands in the next few days. Initial feedback is very good on the a build that has been done blind and we would like to thank our tester unclespoon for his hard work in helping us to get Unity booting and to fcreeves for starting the ball rolling. We would also like to thank everyone who donated not only for Doubleshot but also everyone who donated for the Incredible S. As any Inc S owner will tell you this has been the device with most device specific problems. Again we have now ordered this device and are looking forward to improving the Unity experience for Inc S owners. Again a big thanks to all who donated and everyone else for there support, its you guys and girls who make the the work we do enjoyable.

Other Projects As you are all no doubt aware last month saw us create our own forum and apart from the inevitable spam that is getting posted its been great for us to have a place where are users can come to help each other out and get help from the team when required. Big thanks to rmk for getting this setup. rmk has been very busy recently due to a new job that is taking up a lot of his spare time. But rest assured he plans to update G-Lite and Virtuous Sense as soon as he can.

Diamondback has been busy working on the m10tools project, you can find more info in the deticated section of our forum.

Mdeejay has been busy updating the Unity series of kernels and working on Virtuous Sensation.

Flemmard is still playing with his HP Touchpad and has been busy with is real job

chrisch1974 has been doing the builds for the Doubleshot as well as working on the new Virtuous Tweaks app. This something we are very proud of as it is one of the first apps to be built using the HTC Sense SDK.

Wrap Up I hope you have found this interesting and informative if there is anything you would like me to write about in future updates please email me at devteam@virtuousrom.com, send me a PM on XDA or catch me our IRC. I welcome all feedback and all ways try to reply to all messages. Thanks for taking the time read.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium