UPDATES: Google Music 4 & Google+ Leaked!

Search This thread

chareos12

Sep 8, 2010
Thinking of moving offline cache (/sdcard/Android/data/com.google.android.music) to external_sd (the "real" sd card).
How could I do ?

Tried:
moved data/com.google.android.music to /sdcard/external_sd/data/com.google.android.music
With terminal emulator,
su (yes, I've root up and running)
ln -s /sdcard/external_sd/data/com.google.android.music /sdcard/Android/data/data/com.google.android.music
but it says to me operation not permitted

hhhmmm... perhaps a filesystem not supporting symlinks...

Last edited:

momomok

Dec 6, 2010
Hong Kong
Installed the new G+, like the new UI, but... when can we +1 comments from other users? I have been waiting really long for this feature...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Reactions: baliriot

airmario

May 2, 2011
Use titanium to uninstall old version then reboot and then install new version on sd card.

Should work that's what I did and works fine

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

Deenybird

Nov 29, 2010
Philadelphia
EDIT: Both issues below have been solved.

the music app won't show music in the cloud, only offers to connect via usb, even though it asked for permission...
Update: Tried deleting cache again, relaunched and was working.

google+ app asks me to select an account to use, then says 'unable to connect to the server'...
Update: as whips said, it was a permission issue

i'm new to android, what am I doing wrong.

att galaxy s2 rooted
uninstalled previous versions in both instances

Last edited:

whips

Jun 3, 2008
Toronto
for google+ to work you need to allow permission, look for an exclamation icon in the status bar and grant both music and g+ permission then you can connect.

Reactions: Deenybird

JonnyBoy6

Nov 19, 2010
G+ Widget

Did anyone notice that the Google+ widget is no longer available? Or maybe only on my device... Samsung S5830L running GR 1.4

UPDATE
Nevermind, read the AndroidPolice post, it's only available to tablets. Bummer, looks like it's back to G+ 1.0...

Last edited:

DarkLG

Jan 1, 2011
For music first uninstall whichever google music you have installed then reboot and install the new one.If your music that you uploaded won't show up go to settings-applications-google music-clear data then it should work.

rapidreinsta

Aug 19, 2011
music app hiding in background

I un-installed the music app using titanium back up pro
> Installed music2.apk
>pasted music2.apk in system/app folder using root explorer

Now music app is present in back ground but doesn't show up anywhere on the phone. Any suggestions on how to make it work?

Edit : Rebooted and installed the apk again and it works superfine.

Last edited:

geiko

Apr 5, 2011
Do I have to uninstall Music 2.3 too? I uninstalled 3.0, but it's still failing to install it. I've rebooted several times, and re-downloaded the APK. I'm running stock Gingerbread on a Nexus S.

Top Liked Posts