Search This thread

xonone

Dec 14, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
I back the Ouya for a few reasons:

-Its a good and cheap gaming systems for kids and adults alike

-Good media device for watching netflix, hulu, etc without a pc

-Its portable (compared to next gen consoles / pc) and easy to set up it seems

Hopefully we could see some good games at the release.

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
Hrm I never did check on this... Tho Im "pretty sure" it should work since this is designed to be rooted. CIFS support. I mean if I can access my NAS/Media Share stuff... and play videos and so.. woot. I could save alot of wear and tear on my PS3! Bonus thought for me and that would be used alot more lol. (Now if only I had a remote for Ouya)

... Is that we KS people.. didnt get a discount on the Ouya.. its the same as "preorder" price for everyone else.. which does make me feel lil cheated.. We backed the project, but didnt get any perks for the normal order.

technically speaking, the perk is early access. If everything goes to plan, we'll be getting it in March. The other people may have to wait till June. Ouya said KS backers would get it before anyone else, which appears they will be holding up.

Mysticales

Oct 30, 2007
www.darkmystics.com
We shall see, It could also mean we KS people get to bug report this out or find flaws that are fixed before people like Gamestop (who has it for preorder now) get it and cause bigger issues if things go wrong.

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
I backed it! Can't wait to get it. For me it is not really filling any roles, but I think it will be a fun addition!

m1s73r

Dec 11, 2012
I backed one quite late, but I think I'll give it a try. I like Android very much and I like the games too. Did anyone actually paid more to receive the black version? I think the normal looks better...

Unalive3

Jul 18, 2012
I, after a persuading conversation with a buddy, backed it. I am sure it will fail (or at least not even dent wii/xbox/ps3 sales) as a home console, but running emus and custom roms was what I was excited about. I mean $100 is not too bad and hopefully they'll have a couple of great games and maybe some entertainment apps like Netflix to make even more worthwhile.

lui8906

Oct 1, 2010
Yeah to be honest, the gaming part of it I don't even find particularly exciting. Maybe some of the emulators which are sure to be released.

ghostofdavid

Dec 29, 2012
Hrm I never did check on this... Tho Im "pretty sure" it should work since this is designed to be rooted. CIFS support. I mean if I can access my NAS/Media Share stuff... and play videos and so.. woot. I could save alot of wear and tear on my PS3! Bonus thought for me and that would be used alot more lol. (Now if only I had a remote for Ouya)

I wish I had this. My Gen 1 PS3 just died. Ugh. Lost all my backwards compatibility.

krispycorn

Jan 15, 2013
Didn't back it on KS, but pre-ordered prior to Jan 31st. Can't wait to try XBMC on it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

mrHoldol

Aug 5, 2012
Bangalore
I backed it too. The main reason being the concept : A hackable gaming console... rooting without voiding the warranty as well as being open for hardware hacking!!!

Keland44

Jun 9, 2006
Cali
i gots one
hopefully miracast support will be implemented making this an awesome media center along with gaming console.

Shawner

Sep 1, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Ugh darn PayPal issues. Okay I'm reserving mine on Monday. Does anyone know "about" when I'd receive mine? Sucks that I missed the Feb 4th deal.

The Kickstarter backers are supposed to receive theirs sometime in March.
If you purchased after the Kickstarter, you should receive it around June, when they will be released to everyone including several big box retailers.

lartomar2002

Mar 24, 2011
Near Kennedy Space Center, Florida
I did too. :D I was not one of the original backers but I got my order in the next day (20 hours after it closed) so I probably will not receive mine until April but, I have myfingers crossed that they will start shipping those after the original backers have been shipped. What ever the case I will keep an eye on this thread so that I can learn from others. Good Luck everyone:)

Last edited:

gabe32

Sep 11, 2012
Mio, Michigan
I haven't pre-ordered one yet due to the fact I just bought a nexus 4. But I will, It's a nifty little device, totally hackable and it's running Android. I don't think it's going to be as big as a fail as some think. They are slowly garnering some pretty big support.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did, can't wait to get it. I'm going to have a great time with emus

Ugh darn PayPal issues. Okay I'm reserving mine on Monday. Does anyone know "about" when I'd receive mine? Sucks that I missed the Feb 4th deal.
    I'm backer #22326

I backed it for the fact that I can hack and tweak and play with it as a android device

The whole game console part comes second to me honestly

noted for future reference on my Note 2
    Backed it but pissed that many backers such as myself probably will receive their devices after retail launch. Small company or not, they should have pushed back the release as their launch was a joke and entirely misleading. Only journalists have used it. If you paid for a limited edition device and happened to order 2 controllers, back of the line for you! Only silver lining is that perhaps by the time the retail launch happens they will fix the most glaring problems: clunky interface, difficult to side load, controller issues, etc.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium
    I Backed another, I'm already happy with my MK802 III mini-pc, I think OUYA will be like this device, only with better hardware :)

But man... I wish they included a MicroSD port, I don't like the idea to plug a external HDD.

Can always get a MicroSD adaptar.