[APN]T-Mobile US LTE IPv6 (BEST APN SETTINGS)

Search This thread

Cult Classics

Oct 13, 2013
ATLANTA
HOW TO ADD IPv6 TO CM/GPE ROMS

Screenshot_2013-10-12-23-57-36.jpg

1. Settings>>Access Point Names/Add New APN (Aplogies, not on CM or GPE any longer and I no longer remember the path)

2. Add the following settings.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

* Asterisks in the settings are there by default and may/may not be significant.
**CM based ROMs may include these settings already but the IPv6 option will not be selected by default so make sure to enable it for best T-mobile perforance.

Last edited:

Cult Classics

Oct 13, 2013
ATLANTA
T-Mobile HTC One devices usually have the best settings selected by default, however if you feel that your wireless settings are insufficient try this!

HOW TO ADD IPv6 TO SENSE

1.png

1. Settings/Mobile Data/Access Point Names/ "3dot Menu"/ New APN

2. Change settings to match these for IPv6

Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-40-14.jpg
Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-40-31.jpg
Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-40-37.jpg

Unlike CM based ROMs there is no option to specify either IPv4 or IPv6 without editing the "build.prop".

3. Edit "build.prop"
[credit goes here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2115789)]

Via Root Explorer
1, Open "Root Explorer" and mount R/W.
2, Go to "system" and you will find there is a file name "build.prop".
3, Right click (By holding at the file) and there is menu pop out.
4, Scroll down and select edit in Text Editor.

Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-53-17.jpg

As you can see there is no "ro.telephony.ipv6_capability= 1" only "ro.telephony.default_network=9". So go ahead and type " ro.telephony.ipv6_capability= 1 " on another line(I put it below "ro.telephony.default_network=9"); save and reboot.

Screenshot_2013-12-31-17-57-55.jpg

4. After the boot, make your way into the APN settings again and you should see two new input fields: "APN protocol" and "APN roaming protocol"

Screenshot_2013-12-31-17-34-46.jpg

Make the following changes: "APN Protocol" to "IPv6" and leave "APN Roaming Protocol" at "IPv4"

Last edited:

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
@OP,

Are these settings only applicable to CM ROMs? Have they been tested on Stock ROMs?

Last edited:

Cult Classics

Oct 13, 2013
ATLANTA
You cannot set IPv6 APN's on a stock ROM or any Sense based ROM FYI

Are you sure? I find it hard to believe that ROM's like Android RevolutionHD and ViperOne don't support custom APN's. I know IPv6 may not be available to all carriers but for t-mobile at least these setting should be accurate. But perhaps you know something I dont?

Eventually I will switch back to Sense and give it a go, but if anyone else is facing problems applying these settings outside of CM perhaps you can chime in...

SmIzUrF

Dec 3, 2012
Are you sure? I find it hard to believe that ROM's like Android RevolutionHD and ViperOne don't support custom APN's. I know IPv6 may not be available to all carriers but for t-mobile at least these setting should be accurate. But perhaps you know something I dont?

Eventually I will switch back to Sense and give it a go, but if anyone else is facing problems applying these settings outside of CM perhaps you can chime in...

The APN settings on sense does not have all the options that is in CM.

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
I'm on a sense rom and I'm sure the option was available. I had to disable ipv6 to keep Skype connected. Then I dirty flashed a new Rom and I have edited the xml file that the apn info is in So it is possible. Once t-mo releases the official 4.3 I'll try and figure out how to add the option if it's not there by default.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Reactions: DarthCitizen

Mikee4fun

Jun 2, 2004
California
www.mikee4fun.com
I'm on a sense rom and I'm sure the option was available. I had to disable ipv6 to keep Skype connected. Then I dirty flashed a new Rom and I have edited the xml file that the apn info is in So it is possible. Once t-mo releases the official 4.3 I'll try and figure out how to add the option if it's not there by default.

Right, there are always some kind of work around, but realistically that is not an option for most users on a Sense based ROM, especially stock users who are not rooted.

Mikee4fun

Jun 2, 2004
California
www.mikee4fun.com
If you're stock and not rooted I wouldn't think this thread would apply at all.

If you have an HTC One GPE then you can modify the APN's live with iPv6 settings not rooted. I was referring to the stock sense HTC Sense Roms or other Sense Roms. Most users are not going to modify their xml file just to get iPv6.

Last edited:

Cult Classics

Oct 13, 2013
ATLANTA

I would appreciate if you did!

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
Well on stock (un-rooted) ROMs you can add a new APN, just go to Settings - Mobile data - Access point names click on the 3 dots on the top right and you can add a New APN.

Now I haven't tried this configuration, maybe later I will check it out and see the results.

dotson817

Mar 28, 2011
Please tell me the reason YouTube finally streams hd no problem now is because I updated this ipv6 apn?

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

lampel

Aug 28, 2007
Connecticut
So in tmous' 4.3 Rom, in the apn.xml, all it says for protocol is 'IP' and in a downloaded cyanogen Rom the same file was almost totally empty but I didn't install it and run it so I don't know if that is created in use. But android 4.4 apparently handles it totally differently anyway and I believe the dev version will be released shortly so I'm sure there will be many more, who know far more about this than I do, tearing into it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    T-Mobile HTC One devices usually have the best settings selected by default, however if you feel that your wireless settings are insufficient try this!

HOW TO ADD IPv6 TO SENSE

1.png

1. Settings/Mobile Data/Access Point Names/ "3dot Menu"/ New APN

2. Change settings to match these for IPv6

Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-40-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-40-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-40-37.jpg

Unlike CM based ROMs there is no option to specify either IPv4 or IPv6 without editing the "build.prop".

3. Edit "build.prop"
    [credit goes here (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2115789)]

Via Root Explorer
    1, Open "Root Explorer" and mount R/W.
    2, Go to "system" and you will find there is a file name "build.prop".
    3, Right click (By holding at the file) and there is menu pop out.
    4, Scroll down and select edit in Text Editor.

Screenshot_2013-12-30-17-53-17.jpg

As you can see there is no "ro.telephony.ipv6_capability= 1" only "ro.telephony.default_network=9". So go ahead and type " ro.telephony.ipv6_capability= 1 " on another line(I put it below "ro.telephony.default_network=9"); save and reboot.

Screenshot_2013-12-31-17-57-55.jpg

4. After the boot, make your way into the APN settings again and you should see two new input fields: "APN protocol" and "APN roaming protocol"

Screenshot_2013-12-31-17-34-46.jpg

Make the following changes: "APN Protocol" to "IPv6" and leave "APN Roaming Protocol" at "IPv4"
    HOW TO ADD IPv6 TO CM/GPE ROMS

1. Settings>>Access Point Names/Add New APN (Aplogies, not on CM or GPE any longer and I no longer remember the path)

2. Add the following settings.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

* Asterisks in the settings are there by default and may/may not be significant.
    **CM based ROMs may include these settings already but the IPv6 option will not be selected by default so make sure to enable it for best T-mobile perforance.

Can some give more detail on what Bearer is? Mine is Default, but as gamepois0n mentioned try LTE for better experience.

Bearer services are telecommunication services that are used to transfer user data and control signals between two pieces of equipment. Bearer services can range from the transfer of low speed messages (300 bps) to very high-speed data signals (10+ Gigabits).

Just choose LTE so it will always try to connect to LTE first