Broke Band Galaxy Gear

Search This thread

banks2878

Jan 6, 2014
Ypsilanti,Mi
I have the Galaxy Gear watch I could never get sound from it so messing with it for a few days I ended up breaking the band piece that attaches to the speaker/clip... the band with the camera on it is the one the came out of that peice. also I bought the watch from Amazon and when I received it everything was in original box but no paperwork what so ever and the tag displaying all the numbers (model, imei ect) that tag looks as if someone tried scraping it off, so I can't get the correct numbers so I can register with Samsung and try to have them fix it. is there anything I can do to fix this?? thanks

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2010
I have the Galaxy Gear watch I could never get sound from it so messing with it for a few days I ended up breaking the band piece that attaches to the speaker/clip, the band with the camera on it is the one the came out of that peice. also I bought the watch grom Amazon and when I received it everything was in original box but no paperwork what so ever and the tag displaying all the numbers (model, imei suck) that tag looks are if someone tried scraping it off, so I can get the correct numbers so I can register with Samsung and try to have them fix it. is there anything I can do to fix this?? thanks

Oh dude! That sucks. I'll be monitoring this in case it happens to me. Again, condolences.

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
I sent mine back last week for warranty repair due to low sound volume, all Samsung customer services need is the serial number located in the settings/about gear on the actual watch itself. I got mine from eBay so had no paperwork but they were fine, took 4 working days from sending to get getting back a brand new watch. Great service.

Sent from my LG-V500 using xda app-developers app

banks2878

Jan 6, 2014
Ypsilanti,Mi
I sent mine back last week for warranty repair due to low sound volume, all Samsung customer services need is the serial number located in the settings/about gear on the actual watch itself. I got mine from eBay so had no paperwork but they were fine, took 4 working days from sending to get getting back a brand new watch. Great service.

thanks so much im so happy to here that!! did u just call Samsung??

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Yup I just called Samsung customer services here in the UK, just have the serial number ready and your all good. Good luck.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
I'd like to know what is considered low volume?? I feel mine is...but I chalked it up to it being a watch. It's nowhere near as loud as a cellphone while taking a call or talking with S voice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

banks2878

Jan 6, 2014
Ypsilanti,Mi
I contacted Samsung today and after explaining my issue and having to pay $70 im going to send it to them to fix. also that gets me a year warranty on it.. im not excited about having to pay 70 for getting a watch I just paid almost 300 for fixed, but getting a fully functional watch back is my goal..

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
I contacted Samsung today and after explaining my issue and having to pay $70 im going to send it to them to fix. also that gets me a year warranty on it.. im not excited about having to pay 70 for getting a watch I just paid almost 300 for fixed, but getting a fully functional watch back is my goal..

What is their reasoning for making you pay that. Was it an accidental/water damage? They can't make you pay if it's faulty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4