• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Zero Lemon Nfc Battery Hack Set up...
Requested by a few members so I'm posting it here for those that wanted IT...:D:cool:
Go Here if you want/need the battery!!!
Tools needed are some painters tape, Heavy duty scissors, 22awg wire or smaller, or Solder wick.
tr8b.jpg

Soldering Iron also but not required!
[What I used]

Using the small wire you just have to line up the wire with the terminals, as shown in the pics
vvk8.jpg

For Advance users Soldering Iron required. Don't get burned working with these small wires
I used my soldering iron to solder the back side of the connections I made using the solder wick. So they would stay in place because of the wick being very soft...

INSTRUCTIONS PICS BELOW

nunasu8u.jpg

u2abegyq.jpg

qysesape.jpg

7ahu9azu.jpg

my9u3enu.jpg

amy2uzyv.jpg

ujube2ev.jpg

7ere3y7y.jpg

e9e8uza8.jpg

The rest of the pics with instructions will be added soon...

Redid the Nfc battery hack with Pics below.
yragy3et.jpg

7ehequ4a.jpg

bamy8yte.jpg

uta8y7e3.jpg

zyva8ade.jpg

gy6yqa7y.jpg

u7utehan.jpg

udu4ateq.jpg

u7e5eta7.jpg

a3ape5eq.jpg

je7a9ana.jpg

usy3ygus.jpg

ezupuben.jpg

pe5a8eze.jpg

esepataq.jpg

sese6e8a.jpg

e2u9etuv.jpg

dyza6u3u.jpg

y4ejuse4.jpg

ajuhy9yj.jpg

Below pics were after above steps were done. I just reversed the NFC chip on the battery!!!
YOU MUST REVERSE THE NFC OR IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!

9u3ahyva.jpg

yqa9utej.jpg

gegudu5a.jpg

ynysy6y3.jpg

Above images was after I realize that the chip was put on wrong. Didn't actually think is was really necessary to be set one WAY!!
Well after about if 30 minutes of testing and it wasn't WORKING!!!:confused:
Panic a lil bit... Was saying to myself why did you change it, cause now you done broke it.
Then I said to my self hey it don't look like the same thing I had set up b4. Being the T-Mobile symbol was facing out. So I pulled everything apart. Well only took off the NFC chip. Good thing I put that painters tape on the battery first. So the chip had something to stick to. But in the end became the back of the chip. Now you just to add some tape to secure the sides of the chip after reversing it.

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
I'm using this !!
Works great brother !!...
Thanks !!....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I did it this way (attached pic)quite a while ago....you probably get better range. I thought about doing it your way....but attached picture worked for me.

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and ANGi-ed !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

That's what I did at first. But I wasn't getting any function out of it. Because it wasn't going thru the battery.
But your saying that yours is working that way??:confused:
Only difference is that you took the NFC chip off the back cover. I left mine intact as you can see from the pics in the OP...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregsarg

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I don't use NFC much at all...but it does work. I bought adhesive copper tape to use to do it your way..still might. But I don't use it much....lol Did it to see if I could...Did the full size 128gb SD mod also..

Sent from my SCH-I605 / Galaxy Note 2 / JB 4.3 / Unlocked, Rooted, ROMed and ANGi-ed !!... using Tapatalk v 2.4.13

Attachments

• tmp_tapatalk_13933821719472086711517.jpeg
    tmp_tapatalk_13933821719472086711517.jpeg
    26.7 KB · Views: 623
  • tmp_tapatalk_1393382179289-264502022.jpeg
    tmp_tapatalk_1393382179289-264502022.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 603
Last edited:

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
SanDisk Ultra 128 GB

I don't use NFC much at all...but it does work. I bought adhesive copper tape to use to do it your way..still might. But I don't use it much....lol Did it to see if I could...Did the full size 128gb SD mod also..

I'm going to get this and try it. Because I know its much cheaper than this card. But you don't have the bulk of the Mod. Decisions decsions:silly:
SanDisk Ultra 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-128G-G46A)
Thought you might to know that this^^^^^^ was released recently...:good::good: But it is a little pricey:eek:

Reactions: gregsarg

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
So that card will work for the note 2 ??

I'm on the fence brother. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
So that card will work for the note 2 ??

I'm on the fence brother. ..g

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm going to have to check on that G. But I did read somewhere that it should work. I may order it because if it doesn't work I can send it back to Amazon...

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
I did it this way (attached pic)quite a while ago....you probably get better range. I thought about doing it your way....but attached picture worked for me.

hi mate, wondering if you tear the NFC sticker off or, cut the case from with the sticker shape?

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
hi mate, wondering if you tear the NFC sticker off or, cut the case from with the sticker shape?

=======
In my case ....the antenna peeled off of the extended battery cover fairly easily...so I didn't have to cut the cover.

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
=======
In my case ....the antenna peeled off of the extended battery cover fairly easily...so I didn't have to cut the cover.

worry about will damage the antenna while peeling off ... lol
did you use hair dryer or anything for pelling?

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
=======

worry about will damage the antenna while peeling off ... lol
did you use hair dryer or anything for pelling?

I think I was to worried about↑↑↑ this also, damaging the chip from peeling it off the back... Guess that's why I cut it. But originally I had placed it behind the battery & snapped it on the phone. But it didn't function from back there...
So that's why I did this hack... Lol

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
I think I was to worried about↑↑↑ this also, damaging the chip from peeling it off the back... Guess that's why I cut it. But originally I had placed it behind the battery & snapped it on the phone. But it didn't function from back there...
So that's why I did this hack... Lol

lol
so either peeling off with luck or cut the case but will be expand the soft case..

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
OP updated with new pics and instructions...
The reason why I redid the hack was to cut down on the bulk of the plastic...

Last edited:

manbat

Jun 8, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I finally re-did mine also. I used self stick copper metal tape instead of braid. Before mine worked hit and miss...lol. Now it works very well!! Knew from the start having it under the battery wasn't a good idea but it worked the few times I used it before. Finally changed it when my wife got a phone with NFC, so I could transfer things to her. Your way is much better !! Thanks!!

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
I finally re-did mine also. I used self stick copper metal tape instead of braid. Before mine worked hit and miss...lol. Now it works very well!! Knew from the start having it under the battery wasn't a good idea but it worked the few times I used it before. Finally changed it when my wife got a phone with NFC, so I could transfer things to her. Your way is much better !! Thanks!!

Lol[emoji39][emoji41][emoji31]... That's cool THANX.

ilovemeow

Sep 18, 2006
Techically working ok for me
Thank for the tutorial
And thinking the better way for hidden wires
Try to work with multimeter, see if the nfc chip still working for not after the peeling

Ps,one more question, is the nfc still working if contact different side?
Coz i notice the contact is wrong way round

Sent from my SM-P605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1396775604236.jpg
    1396775604236.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Zero Lemon Nfc Battery Hack Set up...
    Requested by a few members so I'm posting it here for those that wanted IT...:D:cool:
    Go Here if you want/need the battery!!!
    Tools needed are some painters tape, Heavy duty scissors, 22awg wire or smaller, or Solder wick.
    tr8b.jpg

Soldering Iron also but not required!
    [What I used]

Using the small wire you just have to line up the wire with the terminals, as shown in the pics
    vvk8.jpg

For Advance users Soldering Iron required. Don't get burned working with these small wires
    I used my soldering iron to solder the back side of the connections I made using the solder wick. So they would stay in place because of the wick being very soft...

INSTRUCTIONS PICS BELOW

nunasu8u.jpg

u2abegyq.jpg

qysesape.jpg

7ahu9azu.jpg

my9u3enu.jpg

amy2uzyv.jpg

ujube2ev.jpg

7ere3y7y.jpg

e9e8uza8.jpg

The rest of the pics with instructions will be added soon...

Redid the Nfc battery hack with Pics below.
    yragy3et.jpg

7ehequ4a.jpg

bamy8yte.jpg

uta8y7e3.jpg

zyva8ade.jpg

gy6yqa7y.jpg

u7utehan.jpg

udu4ateq.jpg

u7e5eta7.jpg

a3ape5eq.jpg

je7a9ana.jpg

usy3ygus.jpg

ezupuben.jpg

pe5a8eze.jpg

esepataq.jpg

sese6e8a.jpg

e2u9etuv.jpg

dyza6u3u.jpg

y4ejuse4.jpg

ajuhy9yj.jpg

Below pics were after above steps were done. I just reversed the NFC chip on the battery!!!
    YOU MUST REVERSE THE NFC OR IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!!!

9u3ahyva.jpg

yqa9utej.jpg

gegudu5a.jpg

ynysy6y3.jpg

Above images was after I realize that the chip was put on wrong. Didn't actually think is was really necessary to be set one WAY!!
    Well after about if 30 minutes of testing and it wasn't WORKING!!!:confused:
    Panic a lil bit... Was saying to myself why did you change it, cause now you done broke it.
    Then I said to my self hey it don't look like the same thing I had set up b4. Being the T-Mobile symbol was facing out. So I pulled everything apart. Well only took off the NFC chip. Good thing I put that painters tape on the battery first. So the chip had something to stick to. But in the end became the back of the chip. Now you just to add some tape to secure the sides of the chip after reversing it.

I'm using this !!
    Works great brother !!...
    Thanks !!....g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
    Courtesy of our amazing developers...

No problem G.:thumbup:
    Got the idea from you actually.
    About cutting the back, but I just modified it.
    When we were discussing it in the OT thread. ;):D

That's what I did at first. But I wasn't getting any function out of it. Because it wasn't going thru the battery.
    But your saying that yours is working that way??:confused:
    Only difference is that you took the NFC chip off the back cover. I left mine intact as you can see from the pics in the OP...