Verizon Moto G Prepaid options

Search This thread

jmill75

Dec 25, 2009
Ohio
Just picked up a dirt cheap Moto G for my son. What are some of the best/cheapest prepaid plans (MVNO) some of you guys are running with the VZW G. Thought I saw a good thread about this yesterday (9.99 a month no data, just talk and text) but cant seem to locate it now.

Thanks for any feedback

Last edited:

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
Just picked up a dirt cheap Moto G for my son. What are some of the best/cheapest prepaid plans (MVNO) some of you guys are running with the VZW G. Thought I saw a good thread about this yesterday (9.99 a month no data, just talk and text) but cant seem to locate it now.

Thanks for any feedback

With the Verizon Moto G, you'll only be able to use it on Verizon's prepaid plan for six months. After that, we're not sure, since nobody has gotten that far yet. But as of right now, Verizon has $45 for unlimited talk, text, and 500mb of data, with data packages available for $5, $10, and $20, for 500mb, 1gb, and 2gb, respectively. After my six months is up, I plan on taking it to Page Plus, for unlimited talk and text with 1gb of data for $40. You could also go for the cheaper plans on Page Plus, the one my wife is on is 1200 minutes, 3000 texts, and 500mb for $30.

rvail623

May 23, 2014
AZ

Thanks for any feedback

PagePlus offers a $10/100 minutes/4 months plan: voice + text + data. I have a (VZW firmware) modded Boost Mobile Moto G using that plan, and with mobile data disabled. The Moto G's sold by Verizon and Best Buy are 6 month blacklisted for use with Page Plus. Someone discovered that the $99 Boost Mobile Moto G's somehow escaped being blacklisted for Page Plus.

Last edited:

jmill75

Dec 25, 2009
Ohio
Ok thanks for the info guys. May go and pick up a Boost device so I can go with the much cheaper plan.

Soul0Reaper

Jun 21, 2012
Ok thanks for the info guys. May go and pick up a Boost device so I can go with the much cheaper plan.
Buy a $10 tracfone and switch to boost. Boom $53 phone right there. We'll +$10 for the tracfone but think of that as the unlock fee xP, much cheaper than unlocking a Verizon phone.

Last edited:

jmill75

Dec 25, 2009
Ohio
TMobile: So looking at Walmart's website I can get the $30 plan for 100 min, unl text and data. Could I buy a T Mobile compatible Moto G and jump on this plan. Anyone have experience with this?