[UPDATE 11-4] [WAD2 trick] Use S2P player with Album Art (files included)

Search This thread

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
Good evening,

I searched the internet for hours to get this done and decided to make one topic of all information found on the internet.

UPDATE 11-4, added Samsung Touch Player ans shared the files. Let me know what you think. Check out post 29: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=659684&page=3

Everything to make this yourself is for download in post 29 as well.

Herewith a very detailed explanation how you can use S2P player from A_C (download from his site http://www.ac-s2.com/) integrated in a virtual MP3 player in Wisbare Advance Desktop (For sale at Lakeridge Software) themes. As this is not WP7 specific I started a new topic and add all icons, wallpaper and scripts you need. The mortscript file is not mine, but was shared on the internet. Follow the 11 steps carefully.

The result looks like this on my phone.

(this is salsa look. In post 29 on page 3 I made a Samsung Touch look. Files and example are in that post as well.

All Filenames with "CAPITALS" are in the zipfile atteched: Fasten your seatbelts, it looks at a lot of work, but in 15 minutes you are ready to rock and roll.

Step 1. Download zipfile and Put the "MORT" folder in STORAGE CARD in the boot of your device. If you have another language, make the folder " Storage Card" in the boot of your device.

Step: 2: Put the folder "S2P MORTSCRPTS" together with "100BLANK.PNG", "MP3CLEAN.PNG" , "TOPBAR5PIX.JPG" and "MP3TOP.png"somewhere on your phone so you can access it easily from the SCRIPT ON TAP tool in WAD2.

Step 3: Open Wisbar Advance Desktop and go to the page where you want the MP3 player in.

Step 4: Empty the page from all current widgets and change your background to "MP3CLEAN.PNG"

Step 5. Add image "100BLANK.PNG" to play pause and remember where you add it, as it is a blank square you will not see it when it is placed.
At script on tap do:
1. WAD - Disable Launch animation
2. Launch a program and choose the "SONGPLAY.MSCR" from the "S2P MORTSCRPTS" folder.
3. Launch a program and choose the "ALBUMCOVER.MSCR" from the S2P MORTSCRPTS" folder.
After that's done, tap ok and press where you put the blank square. Move it till it is nicely over the Play/Pause.

Step 6. Open S2P and test if your start/Pause is working. If so, good, now you have nice music during the rest of the installation! Leave it on anyway, so you can test Step 7 directly.

Follow the same procedure as Step 5 with PREV, NEXT, VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN, except for those last ones you only have to use script on tap 1 and 2 of Step 5. Obviously choose the right .MSCR file for each button.

Step 7 : Add widget - image.
As the NAME you set "Album Art"
As the IMAGE you set "COVER 1" from the MORT folder from step 1. Select how big you want to have it. I use WiDTH 420 and Height 420, you will lose some of the cover from the top and bottom, but I think it looks nice in the window of the MP3 player (Make sure your album covers are big enough than). Select "Stretch Image to dimensions" and "Maintain aspect ratio".
NOTE: If you want to keep it easy just put WIDTH 300 and HEIGHT 300
At UPDATING you select "update periodically" and at "interval(in seconds)" choose 10 seconds.
Press done/ok and there is your album cover. If it is not there right away, just pause the music and start it again, it take at highest 10 seconds (because that's the interval we choose from).
If there is no cover shown, go to the album folder where the songs are, and change filename of the album cover to 'cover.jpg' Best thing to do is, searching on internet for an image of the cd cover of the size you set Width and Height to get the best quality. In my case 420x420 I got all cd covers around 500x500 from the internet and crop them to 420x420, unsharp mask 100%, pixel range 0,2 and save as cover.jpg. Just high quality pictures now as you can see in the images on top of this topic

Step 8:
Now position the album cover into the frame of the MP3 player. If you choose 300x300 you're done.

If you used the bigger 420 by 420 ones you see the width is good but the height is to big. No worries.
Place it so it is centered in the middle of the frame. Don't worry about those ugly overlapping in the top and bottom. Just follow Step 9:

Step 9.
Add Image "MP3TOP.PNG" and place it in the top of the screen so the overlapping cover is in the frame again. Nice trick uh? BUT Sometimes you see in the top a 5px piece of cover out of it. I don't know why. Therefor I made the "TOPBAR5PIX.JPG". Place this over it and it is nice black again.

Step 10: Eventhough you have the cover you might find it handy to see Album Name, Artist Name and Song Name.
Add widget - text - Registry text:

For Artist fill at Registry value to watch exactly this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2P\CurrentArtist
For Song fill at Registry value to watch exactly this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2P\CurrentTitle
For Album fill at Registry value to watch exactly this: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\A_C\S2P\CurrentAlbumName

For all 3 goes on with entering:
-Value Type: STRING
-Output Data -----Tap Insert Data and it shows " %Data%
Choose Font Name and Font Size of your liking.

Step 11: On the little circle in the middle I added the "100BLANK.PNG" file and set S2P programm as launch a programm, to quickly select another song. Enjoy!!

If I forgot something or something is not explained well enough, let me know.

IF ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO ADD SONG DURATION IN TO IT, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL ADD IT HERE TO COMPLETE THIS.

Cheers,
Arnold

Last edited:

maxmig

Mar 17, 2007
Italy
Thank you !!!! you are great!!! i have only a problem with the 100blank..... even if i try to put it in one place, i can't find it!!! this problem is also with other widgets, but i can see them!!! Is possible have some buttons in a clean image instead of 100blank?
Thanks a lot
Max

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
well, I can make one a little more visible, but that will affect the clean view of the MP3 player.

When you tap long on play/pause and add widget IMAGE using the 100blank, after you set everything you won't see it. Just press long just a bit under play pause and you see it is selected, choose move and than it is invisible again, so move on your feeling till it's right. To check it just follow same procedure. It's a little more difficult, I agree, but the clean view is really better than seeing a few square icons everywhere ;-)

SOLUTION:
If you need one a bit more visible, just use this one, it's plain red. When you set it correctly change the image back to 100 blank again and there you go, having still the same clean MP3 player but easier to install the settings.

Cheers,
Arnold

Attachments

• redsquare.png.zip
    10.2 KB · Views: 32

maxmig

Mar 17, 2007
Italy
Thank you!!!! I know that the clean image is better, but in my hd2 even if i put the widget in one place , i have to search around to see where it is...sometimes out of the screen.
Max

rajivshahi

Account currently disabled
Oct 10, 2008
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
good one pollpix.... well regarding the time elasped and total duration... there is a registry but it displays the time in milli seconds not in minute and second format....

the registry is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\MediaPlayer....

there is registry value for elapsed and total duration...;););)

but you need to make sure the windows media player is running before you check the registry....:D:D:D

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
good one pollpix.... well regarding the time elasped and total duration... there is a registry but it displays the time in milli seconds not in minute and second format....

the registry is HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\MediaPlayer....

there is registry value for elapsed and total duration...;););)

but you need to make sure the windows media player is running before you check the registry....:D:D:D

I don't have this registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\.... I have Appointments, Messages, Phone, Shell and Tasks.

It must be possible as A_C integrated the time duration in S2U2 as well.
Well, I search on, thanks for your answer though!!

Cheers,
Arnold

rajivshahi

Oct 10, 2008
t.me
I don't have this registry in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\State\.... I have Appointments, Messages, Phone, Shell and Tasks.

It must be possible as A_C integrated the time duration in S2U2 as well.
Well, I search on, thanks for your answer though!!

Cheers,
Arnold

it is for windows media player... first play any file in windows media player and check the registry it should come up... well about s2p may be inside software...instead of system... play a file and look for it... this way the registry will be visible easily...

maxmig

Mar 17, 2007
Italy
Sorry another question!! if i set play with launch S2P it opens the program and i can't use the page....any tricks?
Max

rajivshahi

Oct 10, 2008
t.me
Sorry another question!! if i set play with launch S2P it opens the program and i can't use the page....any tricks?
Max

if i'm not mistaken you mean when you slick it start s2p and covers WAD2???? if so then just press call end botton.. it shoul minimise s2p and take you back to WAD2 or just go to start menu and click wisbar advance desktop....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
you have to follow STEP 5 in my startpost using the mortscripts which was in the zipfile. S2P has to be opened indeed on the background. When it's closed and you tap PLAY/PAUSE it indeed start S2P first once. Just close S2P by tapping in the right top corner (battery) and you're back in your theme using the player in the background.

Cheers,
Arnold

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
hello Pollpixx (without error, damn i can), you use an old version of album art, try new edition work much better... same issue but more easiest way to convert directory...

About duration, you need Create a mortscript to convert duration in reg...
with your actual script, you can only read Mortplayer or nitrogen (with some modifications)...

other nice M$pod... ;)

about 1st run , you can add a minimze action... then all time you open and minimize S2P... then you can too stop S2P to restore used ram with a kill action...

:eek:

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
well, still no luck with time display in S2P, so I send the maker of it an e-mail. Maybe he has some suggestions. Hopefully I can add the solution later on in the startpost....

Cheers,
Arnold

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
this is a great idea, but sadly i had the display. Why would you use the stupid sansa look. Why not use the default s2p look or the samsung touch player look, i love samsungs interface but hate the player since its so slow and just sucks. I like how the album name song title are over the album art thats a good idea. But it maybe really hard to see over some album art, maybe you should have the text with a small black border. I really hope you consider the samsung layout it really dose look nice on the phone.

Sorry my hold mp3 player was a sansa and i hate sansa's so much that i never was see it again. I can take 800x480 screen shots of my phone if you really are interested in chaning the look. I don't think it will be that hard to convert. I have seen your other work and its great but this one with the sansa image just ruins it for me.

index.php
index.php

Last edited:

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
this is a great idea, but sadly i had the display. Why would you use the stupid sansa look. Why not use the default s2p look or the samsung touch player look, i love samsungs interface but hate the player since its so slow and just sucks. I like how the album name song title are over the album art thats a good idea. But it maybe really hard to see over some album art, maybe you should have the text with a small black border. I really hope you consider the samsung layout it really dose look nice on the phone.

Sorry my hold mp3 player was a sansa and i hate sansa's so much that i never was see it again. I can take 800x480 screen shots of my phone if you really are interested in chaning the look. I don't think it will be that hard to convert. I have seen your other work and its great but this one with the sansa image just ruins it for me.

index.php
index.php

haha a real sansa hater;-) Well, I can take a look and make some other screens for it. Can you put a screenshot of the samsung player which you like? Thanks, I really will take a look at it.

About the text you are right, it looks great on darker covers, but on "The Wall" from Pink Floyd for example it is not readable. Well, first releases are there to be improved, aren't they? :D

Let's find out I can quit ruining things for you:p and make another background using from your screenshots. It's always nice to let people choose from 2 different styles...

Cheers,
Arnold

jebise101

Jan 22, 2010
yes thats so much better then the sansa look. Yeah i hate sansa, had the view and it was a peace of ****. The screen would always freeze only reason i put up with it was because it never froze the songs. I tried using it one day when i forgot my omnia and man i just could not use it made me miss my omnia so much.

I'l give you some screen shots samsung touch player tonight when i get home.

PollPixx

Apr 27, 2009
yes thats so much better then the sansa look. Yeah i hate sansa, had the view and it was a peace of ****. The screen would always freeze only reason i put up with it was because it never froze the songs. I tried using it one day when i forgot my omnia and man i just could not use it made me miss my omnia so much.

I'l give you some screen shots samsung touch player tonight when i get home.

Okay, please upload as zip 480x800 so I can work with the file without losing quality:D

Cheers,
Arnold