[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

nunzzzz

Dec 28, 2012
Hi,

Did anyone get this working in Canada? I have a Bell SGH-I317M and I can't even get past step 3 because when I reboot for the first time the wallet app is not even there. It was never there to begin with and I can't download it from play store.

Plz help its so frustrating having bought this phone and not being able to use it's awesome features. :(

cellneuron

Nov 6, 2006
The procedures seems much simplified. I just flashed the zip (replaced the wallet.app with the latest R96-v13), changed the build.prop, reboot, and the wallet is ready to use without any problem (I didn't get any FC, nor did I download anything from playstore). After I set everything up, I changed the builld.prop back, and it also works like a charm.

Now my big question is what's the purpose of google wallet? SPB wallet can store more info than google wallet.

robroy90

Oct 22, 2006
Roll Tide
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The procedures seems much simplified. I just flashed the zip (replaced the wallet.app with the latest R96-v13), changed the build.prop, reboot, and the wallet is ready to use without any problem (I didn't get any FC, nor did I download anything from playstore). After I set everything up, I changed the builld.prop back, and it also works like a charm.

Now my big question is what's the purpose of google wallet? SPB wallet can store more info than google wallet.

The purpose is that Google Wallet is an NFC-based payment system. It isn't about what you can store in the wallet, but that you can pay at retail with nothing more than your phone.

Reactions: cellneuron

cellneuron

Nov 6, 2006
Every store or selected stores? Losing phone finally is more costly than losing a real wallet.

Updated: Uninstalled it. No use. What a concept.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
just tried Google wallet at McDonald, it works! (with Galaxy Nexus id)
at first I was worry about the embarrassments if it doesn't work.
but it's 7pm and I'm the only person in line and no one behind me.
the cashier is a Chinese girl, so I want to impress her also.
she doesnt seem very suprised, probably she seen Google wallet in action many times.

UPDATE: then I go try it at CVS (with Samsung n7105 id) , nothing happen when I tap on nfc reader! The phone didn't do anything.
that was embarrassing! the woman casher said "does it usually work on your phone?". I said "I tried at McDonald".

Last edited:

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
It's sort of not working yet. We need someone to mod the latest Google wallet. I like the new interface. It works under Nexus buildprop, changed it to original build prop and stop working.
Hope someone will show me how to mod it

are you using Google wallet from play store?
there's already a hacked r96 wallet.
http://www.modaco.com/topic/354635-region-device-root-patched-google-wallet-apk-16-r96-v13/

I used this hacked r96 with Samsung n7105 id at CVS, the phone didn't do anything. or maybe g. wallet is not working at this CVS.

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Reactions: oartalk

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
I used the hack r96 too. Works fine on ATT Note 2 rung stock 7015 ROM. This ver feels smoother and respond faster.

I tried this method and this is what I got:(
I have the permissions set correctly as well and I am running stock 4.1.2 with root only. Any help?

Screenshots_2013-02-16-15-43-50_zps2ec815f5.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

maskedferret

Jul 12, 2011
Using the new r96 version referenced above with the OP install instructions, sans nfc apks for my stock rooted AT&T i317, it does NOT force close at step #4. Can anyone else confirm this? If this is the case after having tried (and failed) to install it previously with the older version, do I really need to go through the rest of the steps that involve downloading from Google Play, deleting, etc. ? Best I can tell, the application works; I'll have to look for the opportunity to test a transaction.

Last edited:

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Using the new r96 version referenced above with the OP install instructions, sans nfc apks for my stock rooted AT&T i317, it does NOT force close at step #4. Can anyone else confirm this? If this is the case after having tried (and failed) to install it previously with the older version, do I really need to go through the rest of the steps that involve downloading from Google Play, deleting, etc. ? Best I can tell, the application works; I'll have to look for the opportunity to test a transaction.

No need it. I just replace the app v83 to v96 in system/app change permissions. Reboot . profit. When it works in previous ver then new one should work fine.

★♡★ AT&T Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆

Reactions: maskedferret

maskedferret

Jul 12, 2011
No need it. I just replace the app v83 to v96 in system/app change permissions. Reboot . profit. When it works in previous ver then new one should work fine.

Excellent. I just had a successful transaction @ McDonald's. :D

I can only assume that future updates to the app will always have to come through this channel, which is a bit of a bummer. Regardless, the effort put into making this work is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
just tried g.wallet at cvs, those machines are slow! (at Mcdonald the g.wallet responds instantly), you might need to tap on the nfc reader for 2-3 seconds for a few times for it to works!

when i tap on the cvs nfc reader, nothing happen, the google wallet didnt do anything, no respond. i thought it' not working over there.
good thing that lady cashier knows what i trying to do, she said "You can try again if you want, it takes awhile". after i tried again, it works!

(i used Nexus id, i dont want to take any chances, i'm not sure if Note2 id works or not)
Screenshots_2013-02-17-10-37-59_zps4cc0e42f.png

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
just tried g.wallet at cvs, those machines are slow! (at Mcdonald the g.wallet responds instantly), you might need to tap on the nfc reader for 2-3 seconds for a few times for it to works!

when i tap on the cvs nfc reader, nothing happen, the google wallet didnt do anything, no respond. i thought it' not working over there.
good thing that lady cashier knows what i trying to do, she said "You can try again if you want, it takes awhile". after i tried again, it works!

(i used Nexus id, i dont want to take any chances, i'm not sure if Note2 id works or not)
Screenshots_2013-02-17-10-37-59_zps4cc0e42f.png

Change the buildprop back for Spen function. Don't worry when it works with you, should be fine to change it back.

★♡★ AT&T Galaxy Note II ☆♥☆

maskedferret

Jul 12, 2011
New update out. Anyone with success with it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

1.6-R96-v13 ? Unless there's an even newer one, which I don't think there is ( verify @ Google Play ) ... the link posted above is what you're looking for. I have used it successfully on my i317.

are you using Google wallet from play store?
there's already a hacked r96 wallet.
( URL removed because of my newbie status )

I used this hacked r96 with Samsung n7105 id at CVS, the phone didn't do anything. or maybe g. wallet is not working at this CVS.

slicingtaco

May 8, 2012
C:\Earth\USA\California\Freakmont
Installed using the Video method in the OP (EACH EXACT STEP) and it worked fined but I am using the most up to date version of the patched Google wallet (r96) and it all went smooth on stock 4.1.2:D
Screenshots_2013-02-22-22-21-29_zps62f0e132.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png