Charging Issues

Search This thread

mattdb

Sep 4, 2007
My gear 2 only seems to charge on Samsung chargers fast or plugged into a pc. If I use another type of charger, even the 2amp ones, it charges slow and doesn't even indicate that it is charging.

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
My gear 2 only seems to charge on Samsung chargers fast or plugged into a pc. If I use another type of charger, even the 2amp ones, it charges slow and doesn't even indicate that it is charging.

I am wondering if it is meant to be charged fast... The charger that comes with the watch is only a 0.5A one!

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Yeah, that is what I thought, I tried some others and am getting the same result. I used my charger for my Galaxy Note 10.1 and it charged just fine.

Even though you found a charger that is fast charging it, I am wondering if maybe it is safer not to do this. The fact that the watch came with a 0.5A charger would suggest it may have issues charging fast (for example, over-heating concerns which may shorten the life of the watch). I could be completely wrong, but the difference to Samsung in cost with a 0.5A or 2A charger is probably pennies...so they must have done this intentionally.