Fix: apps not working on 3G, but work fine on WiFi

Search This thread

Tirozz

Jul 9, 2011
This helped a couple of people on a Dutch forum, don't know if it's provider or country-related and if there even are users here that have these issues, but still wanted to let you know:

I have just fixed why some apps work only with WiFi but not on 3G. ICS apparently automatically added Proxy-settings to your APN, in my case Vodafone (NL). This is not necesarry to even make use of mobile internet, and it also prevents some apps from accessing the internet. I removed the Proxy-settings et voila, it works perfectly again!

Fix: Settings -> Press 'Mobile Network' (not Off-On!) -> Names accespoints -> Click your provider -> Remove 'Proxy' and 'Port'

Apps not working on 3G:
- Soccer Live Scores (developer mailed me this solution)
- Rabo Bankieren (dutch app)
- OV Chipkaart Checker (dutch app)

RaulB

Mar 29, 2008
This helped a couple of people on a Dutch forum, don't know if it's provider or country-related and if there even are users here that have these issues, but still wanted to let you know:

I have just fixed why some apps work only with WiFi but not on 3G. ICS apparently automatically added Proxy-settings to your APN, in my case Vodafone (NL). This is not necesarry to even make use of mobile internet, and it also prevents some apps from accessing the internet. I removed the Proxy-settings et voila, it works perfectly again!

Fix: Settings -> Press 'Mobile Network' (not Off-On!) -> Names accespoints -> Click your provider -> Remove 'Proxy' and 'Port'

Apps not working on 3G:

Solved a long standing problem for me - Reset Proxy and Port, and Apps working perfectly when no wifi.
Many thanks

RaulB

chrisund123

Jan 4, 2011
Would you believe it, I've been having problems with an app that previously had worked fine on 3G, but had now stopped.

Chanced upon this thread, Deleted the proxy/port lines and it's working again.

chery22

Dec 8, 2009

Apps not working on 3G:

Thanks a lot, man! You saved my a*s and solved a very big problem of mine.

Thank you again!

Reactions: romantashev

gshaibi

Mar 27, 2013
Thank you SO Much for posting it

Apps not working on 3G:

Thank you so much for posting it!!! You solve so much problems!! Now I see the importance of reporting solved issues... Thanks again

rohitjaiswal

Mar 15, 2013
Gurgaon
youtube and some application not working on proxy wifi canvas 2

hello users,
i have micromax a110 , some apps not working on my college proxy wifi.
youtube apps is opening and browsing but not playing the videos,
whatsapp is not sending my msgs..

what to do? pls help me

alghuter

Feb 18, 2013

Apps not working on 3G:

I have sprint galaxy s3 l710 and facebook app does not work with 3g, only with wireless.
Can u tell me how to remove proxy?

miggly

Aug 31, 2017
Thank you so much for posting this, I've been struggling with it for ages but finally needed a solution when Google Maps stopped working! All my apps now working perfectly :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Apps not working on 3G:

Apps not working on 3G:

Thanks a lot, man! You saved my a*s and solved a very big problem of mine.

Thank you again!