Note 3 Carrier Selection

Which carrier will you use for your Note 3?

• AT&T

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Sprint

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • T-Mobile

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Verizon

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • Other U.S. Carrier

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • International (EG outside U.S.)

Votes: 12 14.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

staryoshi

Dec 3, 2011
Gladwin, MI
Which carrier will you use for your Note 3? (Or are considering using)

I currently use Sprint, but I'm disappointed with their lackluster data network so I'm fairly certain I'm converting to t-mobile (with an outside chance of using AT&T, but unlikely).

I'm curious as to what the breakdown is amongst Note forum frequenters. I apologize for the lack of options for non-U.S. carriers, but that information is not of interest to me :p (Although the proportion of international users is useful, I suppose) I'm a statistician by trade, so the purpose of this poll is to satisfy my (and others') curiosity.

Last edited:

mircury

Jul 18, 2007
Louisville
If I get a Note 3 it will probably be a tmobile one because of the unlocked bootloader. I'll use it on ATT. The tmobile S4 works on ATT without a problem.

"technically"

AT&T for me, but, it will be via straight talk, now that they are going to start doing LTE. I was thinking
about AIO, but now that ST is on LTE, I'll probably stay with it.
i don't use much data a month, less than 2 gig. Most of my data is wi-fi anyway. Been happy with
ST, so I don't see any reason now to switch.

staryoshi

Dec 3, 2011
Gladwin, MI
AT&T for me, but, it will be via straight talk, now that they are going to start doing LTE. I was thinking
i don't use much data a month, less than 2 gig. Most of my data is wi-fi anyway. Been happy with

I went with Sprint ~2 years ago out of principle (the only carrier I could get unlimited data with) but their network has been so slow for me I can't take advantage of the service. I can get discounts for both t-mobile and AT&T, but I feel like t-mobile offers a stronger value over the next two years for my usage. Depending on how aggressive the throttling is with ST's LTE network and how reliable the service is I'd definitely consider giving them a go, too.

Same here.....baught 3 sim cards today....i cant believe thar straight talk is going LTE

MB865/ATT-ST/4.3 Slimbean

markysd

Apr 5, 2012
san diego ca
well im looking to get full price.. im on att and i been reading that it will be locked and now i read that tmo is unlockedboot..

will tmo work on att 4G/LTE? dont the S800 chips support LTE-A? att is going to get it first or has it already in some places ?

i need a phone that has rom support and needs root.. cant stand bloatwares

eroracing

Nov 24, 2007
I will be using at&t as usual..... The locked bootloader I'm sure will be resolved or bypassed so I'm not worried about it! The most important thing to me is root which should not be a problem!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

By the way I'm still grandfathered with unlimited data so no way I'm ditching that! Plus I work for them so I feel a little obligated..... Lol

markysd

Apr 5, 2012
san diego ca
I will be using at&t as usual..... The locked bootloader I'm sure will be resolved or bypassed so I'm not worried about it! The most important thing to me is root which should not be a problem!

---------- Post added at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

By the way I'm still grandfathered with unlimited data so no way I'm ditching that! Plus I work for them so I feel a little obligated..... Lol

still new to this rooting thing.. so unlocked boot lets you use the phone on other carriers ? and root just lets you get root access so you can install roms/uninstall bloatware ?

im going with att buying it full price and maybe go back to t-mobile..will the att work on t-mo network?

eroracing

Nov 24, 2007
Unlocked bootloader will allow for custom roms and kernel along with custom recoveries! Root is what it sounds like it gives root access to all system files. Sim unlock releases use on other carriers. And yes at&t device will work on T-Mobile bands.

Reactions: markysd

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
still new to this rooting thing.. so unlocked boot lets you use the phone on other carriers ? and root just lets you get root access so you can install roms/uninstall bloatware ?

im going with att buying it full price and maybe go back to t-mobile..will the att work on t-mo network?

Is better the other way around... AT&T Note 3 does not support the T-Mobile 1700 band... So you are better of getting the T-Mobile version and using it on AT&T... Since it supports all T-Mobile and AT&T bands...

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: markysd

markysd

Apr 5, 2012
san diego ca
Unlocked bootloader will allow for custom roms and kernel along with custom recoveries! Root is what it sounds like it gives root access to all system files. Sim unlock releases use on other carriers. And yes at&t device will work on T-Mobile bands.

cool thanks for that info... now i can pre order my note 3 att.. its going to feel good to get into the note device :victory::fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

Is better the other way around... AT&T Note 3 does not support the T-Mobile 1700 band... So you are better of getting the T-Mobile version and using it on AT&T... Since it supports all T-Mobile and AT&T bands...

so the t-mo will work on att LTE/4G? what about LTE-A? dont this have that? i mean the s800 chips support it?

TEKHD

cool thanks for that info... now i can pre order my note 3 att.. its going to feel good to get into the note device :victory::fingers-crossed:

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

so the t-mo will work on att LTE/4G? what about LTE-A? dont this have that? i mean the s800 chips support it?

AT&T LTE - > yes
LTE-A -> yes (same hardware)
Yes it supports it...

As someone mentioned before... More to gain, nothing to loose. With the T-Mobile version
Not to mention wifi-calling with T-Mobile... With the T-Mobile rom...

I do crossovers for the note 2... I have the AT&T Rom on the T-Mobile note 2 forum and the T-Mobile rom on the AT&T note 2 forum...

And the truth is that from my experience T-Mobile Roms are much more smooth than AT&Ts... Plus leessss bloatware.

Last edited:

This is exactly what I'll be doing. Purchasing a T-Mobile variant of the note 3 at full retail price to unlock and use on AT&T's network! :good::cool:

TEKHD

This is exactly what I'll be doing. Purchasing a T-Mobile variant of the note 3 at full retail price to unlock and use on AT&T's network! :good::cool:

Me too, lol Oct, 2nd... 8:45am in front of T-Mobile Store (maybe much earlier, actually...)

Last edited:

ptanev

Aug 18, 2012
Question: I am planning to order unlocked t-mobile LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from negri electronics (paying full price). Before, I do I'd like to make sure I order the right manufacturers model number. Can you/anyone provide the Samsung model number for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Thanks!

AT&T LTE - > yes
Yes it supports it...

As someone mentioned before... More to gain, nothing to loose. With the T-Mobile version

I do crossovers for the note 2... I have the AT&T Rom on the T-Mobile note 2 forum and the T-Mobile rom on the AT&T note 2 forum...

And the truth is that from my experience T-Mobile Roms are much more smooth than AT&Ts... Plus leessss bloatware.

SGBE

Aug 3, 2013
San Diego
Question: I am planning to order unlocked t-mobile LTE Samsung Galaxy Note 3 from negri electronics (paying full price). Before, I do I'd like to make sure I order the right manufacturers model number. Can you/anyone provide the Samsung model number for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3? Thanks!

SM-N900 – International version based on Samsung Exynos SoC
SM-N9005 – International version based on Snapdragon SoC (Possibly Snapdragon 800)
SM-N900A – AT&T Galaxy Note 3
SM-N900T – T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3
SM-N900V – Verizon Galaxy Note 3
SM-N900S – Sprint Galaxy Note 3
SM-N900R4 – Unknown
SM-N900P – Unknown

I confirmed with Negri today they are expecting genuine N900T's from their T-Mobile USA vendor.

Scott-

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
SM-N9005 – International version based on Snapdragon SoC (Possibly Snapdragon 800)
SM-N900R4 – Unknown
SM-N900P – Unknown

I confirmed with Negri today they are expecting genuine N900T's from their T-Mobile USA vendor.

Scott-

Thanks i ordered one from Negri aa well and wanted to know this

Sent from my Nexus 4

jmarquesh

Oct 1, 2013

I'm planning to order the Note 3 from Negri Electronics to use it with AIO Wireless, but I would like the option to use it with TMobile in the future. I also want to be able to root the phone to get rid of the bloatware. I was going to get the ATT version when I started reading these posts.

For what you're saying it's better to get the TMobile version because the 1700 band. However in the product page in Negri, for the ATT version, 1700 is listed as supported:

4G Network LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 (I cannot post the links to Note 3 product pages in Negri since I'm new in the forum)

Does that means that the 1700 listed in the ATT version is not the same as the 1700 that TMobile uses? Do you still advice to get the TMobile version over the ATT version?

I'm new to all this stuff and will appreciate any help deciding.

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SM-N900R4 – Unknown
    SM-N900P – Unknown

Scott-

AT&T LTE - > yes
    Yes it supports it...

I'm planning to order the Note 3 from Negri Electronics to use it with AIO Wireless, but I would like the option to use it with TMobile in the future. I also want to be able to root the phone to get rid of the bloatware. I was going to get the ATT version when I started reading these posts.

For what you're saying it's better to get the TMobile version because the 1700 band. However in the product page in Negri, for the ATT version, 1700 is listed as supported:

4G Network LTE 700 / 850 / 1700 / 1900 / 2100 (I cannot post the links to Note 3 product pages in Negri since I'm new in the forum)

Does that means that the 1700 listed in the ATT version is not the same as the 1700 that TMobile uses? Do you still advice to get the TMobile version over the ATT version?

I'm new to all this stuff and will appreciate any help deciding.

Thanks in advance.

The main difference between the 1700 band being used by AT&T or TMO device is that AT&T version will use that 1700 for LTE signals where as Tmobile variant will use the 1700 for their HSPA signals.

I have 2 HTC One from each carrier and while AT&T version will pick up LTE at my house with the AT&T sim card in it, while T-mobile version only picks up HSPA+ with the AT&T sim card. It really depends on the tower frequency you use in your area.

I'm still debating if I should keep the T-mobile one despite that I won't be seeing LTE at my house. But it does show LTE at other places..