I'm going to trade my device in for another device should I unroot it first

Search This thread

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
I don't have access to a computer. Can I unroot without a computer. Please help!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-develops

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If you are using Jump, I wouldn't bother to unroot.

Just do a factory reset, and be done with it.

I just traded in my Wife's S4 that was rooted for an s5 on the jump program, and they don't check that type of thing.

Reactions: xda23

xda23

Sep 13, 2013

I just traded in my Wife's S4 that was rooted for an s5 on the jump program, and they don't check that type of thing.

I'm not using jump I'm just trading my device in for a Gs5.so I should be fine with just doing a factory reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
What does tmobile inspect,check your phone for when trading one in. Thanks

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Using a root capable file manager you can delete
the superuser.apk in the /system/app folder.

After doing that you will no longer have root.

Good luck!

Hey if U delete superuser.apk can I just re add superuser.apk to reroot my device. Thanks

Eric214

Oct 24, 2012
Philly

T-Mobile checks for water damage with those stickers under the battery cover. They make sure the phone powers up and that the screen is not cracked and the touch screen works. That is ALL T-Mobile cares about and will check when trading in a phone.

When i came over from VZW and they paid my ETF for doing so they took my Bionic in trade (I kept my S4 to sell) it was somehow currupt and i told them hold on, i have a custom ROM installed let me restore the backup. They took the Bionic with CM 10.1 installed. They only need it to boot up with screen not cracked and working. She told me that's all they are instructed to check and nothing else matters.

What was funny she asked me about rooting and custom ROMs and the next week i went over to her place and set up her note 3 with a custom ROM. Last time i ran into her she told me she's a flashoholic now.

Last edited:

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
T-Mobile checks for water damage with those stickers under the battery cover. They make sure the phone powers up and that the screen is not cracked and the touch screen works. That is ALL T-Mobile cares about and will check when trading in a phone.

When i came over from VZW and they paid my ETF for doing so they took my Bionic in trade (I kept my S4 to sell) it was somehow currupt and i told them hold on, i have a custom ROM installed let me restore the backup. They took the Bionic with CM 10.1 installed. They only need it to boot up with screen not cracked and working. She told me that's all they are instructed to check and nothing else matters.

What was funny she asked me about rooting and custom ROMs and the next week i went over to her place and set up her note 3 with a custom ROM. Last time i ran into her she told me she's a flashoholic now.

Thanks, bro for the info. Take care!!!

princeasi

Sep 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Take heed, there's always "That Guy" the one guy who has thee knowledge. He will be "That Guy" to go beyond the call of duty to check root and will try to deny you jump or exchange. I know this from experience!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Lorettaa

Feb 5, 2014
iloilo

Nice experience. You thought her well how to flash :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

re: root

I don't have access to a computer. Can I unroot without a computer. Please help!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-develops

Using a root capable file manager you can delete
    the superuser.apk in the /system/app folder.

After doing that you will no longer have root.

Good luck!
    Hey if U delete superuser.apk can I just re add superuser.apk to reroot my device. Thanks

No because once you unroot you will no longer be able to write to that folder.