[Q][SOS] blank screen after install chainfire 3d

Search This thread

paijo0708

Sep 19, 2010
hy evevy body

my phone now got black screen after installed chainfire 3d. using ics, root, hboot 1.50 unlock
now i just can enter fastboot via fastboot via terminal in windows,
i just push vol down+power button and then i push power button again to enter fastboot, my scren still black
when i type fastboot devices it shown my device

what can i do with that

thx 4advice

DjDom

Dec 28, 2011
Toronto
hy evevy body

my phone now got black screen after installed chainfire 3d. using ics, root, hboot 1.50 unlock
i just push vol down+power button and then i push power button again to enter fastboot, my scren still black

what can i do with that

thx 4advice

Can you get into the recovery via fastboot?

Reactions: paijo0708

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
Blank screen? Mine got stuck on htc logo a while back. It's not meant to be working on ics. I made a backup before, just in case and restored it. All was fine after. Flashing the same rom over, without cleaning any partitions should work fine too. But in your case i am not sure it will work.

mnomaanw

Jul 29, 2011
put a recovery.img in your fastboot folder and then put your phone in fastboot mode then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" then try to boot recovery again if it still doesnot work, try "fastboot boot recovery.img" but IMO chainfire should not affect your hboot and recovery. If nothing works you can use RUU.

paijo0708

Sep 19, 2010
put a recovery.img in your fastboot folder and then put your phone in fastboot mode then type "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" then try to boot recovery again if it still doesnot work, try "fastboot boot recovery.img" but IMO chainfire should not affect your hboot and recovery. If nothing works you can use RUU.

didn't work man :crying::crying::crying::crying:
my lcd still blank

is chainfire 3d flash my gpu firmware, so my gpu got in wrong 'state' so it wont work?
can i reflash my gpu firmware?

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
I'm a bit confused. So you said the screen is black even while in hboot?
And you are cdma, right? S-on or s-off? And to get into fastboot usb i think it is more like, power off your phone completely, if you were using sense 3.6 rom i guess it is a good idea to remove the battery for a sec in case fast boot was enabled in settings, then pwr+voldwn, wait a moment, pwr again and now you should be on fastboot.
Then on pc make sure you have installed all the required drivers for your phone and download fastboot. Connect your phone to the pc. Copy a recovery.img on the folder on your pc where fastboot executable is located. Then shift + right click on an empty space in that folder and create a terminal (cmd) there. Run fastboot flash recovery.img. then try to boot into recovery again. So shut down your phone again. Then pwr + voldwn. Again voldwn and now it should boot into recovery. You may also use 'fastboot reboot recovery' from fastboot instead of this i guess. If it doesnt work do fastboot boot recovery.img. If you are s-off you can just flash a ruu if it didn't work, but you will lose root ofcourse. If s-on you need to relock bootloader in fastbbot mode with 'fastboot oem lock' and then flash the ruu. I dont have time to find a ruu for you, so you better google for it yourself. Make sure to choose the appropriate ruu for your phone. To flash the ruu you just open the downloaded ruu.exe file and it will start flashind. It will take time and will tell you when it is done. If you are s-off i am not sure if you need to relock the bootloader but i guess you should not. If you are on a custom hboot(only possible if you are s-off), please no way lock your bootloader it will hardbrick it!

You may send me a pm. And i will do what i can to help you.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

And if you are not s-off i would reccommend you to go s-off after you have fixed this issue. Wire trick is the easiest way to gain s-off imho. Just go to this page and read the info on how to do this. I got s-off on my second try. It must be timed correctly. If anything goes wrong read the troubleshooting section. http://unlimited.io/juopunutbear.htm
And as always, if you need any help feel free to pm me.

paijo0708

Sep 19, 2010
I'm a bit confused. So you said the screen is black even while in hboot?
yes, my screen is black while in hboot.

And you are cdma, right? S-on or s-off?
yes my evo 3d is CDMA in S-on mode, but unlock

Then on pc make sure you have installed all the required drivers for your phone and download fastboot. Connect your phone to the pc. Copy a recovery.img on the folder on your pc where fastboot executable is located. Then shift + right click on an empty space in that folder and create a terminal (cmd) there. Run fastboot flash recovery.img. then try to boot into recovery again. So shut down your phone again. Then pwr + voldwn. Again voldwn and now it should boot into recovery. You may also use 'fastboot reboot recovery' from fastboot instead of this i guess.
i have done that step, I have been success when flashing the recovery. when i turned it off, then turn it on again, my screen still black
when i tried boot from recovery boot,my screen still black too.

If s-on you need to relock bootloader in fastbbot mode with 'fastboot oem lock' and then flash the ruu.
i'll try this thing

I dont have time to find a ruu for you, so you better google for it yourself. Make sure to choose the appropriate ruu for your phone.
what make the rru different from me and the other? how to make sure is that ruu appropriate for my phone?

thanks for all your advice man, i'll try

ramjet73

Jan 12, 2006
Honolulu, Hawaii
Did you see this in the description of Chainfire 3D in the description on the Play Store:
!! For Froyo and Gingerbread ONLY. NOT COMPATIBLE with Honeycomb/Ice Cream Sandwich/Jelly Bean !!
Given that "NOT COMPATIBLE" is in caps, I'd suggest contacting the developer via his website or email in the Play Store listing and ask him what happens when it's run on ICS.

ramjet73

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
The RUU should be different on every carrier model and you must download the ICS RUU. For example, if you have a Sprint branded evo 3d, google for sprint evo 3d ics ruu. Also you should know the cdma version of evo 3d is alternatively named shooter and gsm version shooter u. I think it's relatively easy to find a ruu for your device. Please make sure your phones battery is fully charged before flashing and do not remove the usb cable before the process has completed. The ruu should be with .exe file extension. Just run the ruu and read the onscreen instructions.

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Oh and btw if you have got the wrong ruu the ruu should not flash. And please, dont ever flash CF3D on anything other than GB. And it is safer to have s off in my opinion but you should not do anything stupid if s off because it's easier to revive a s on device if bricked.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Oh and as you are s on dont even bother flashing a new hboot as one has adviced.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

And if you didnt know a ruu will flash a hboot, rom and firmware. It must fix it. If it does not, there must be a hardware problem.

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

And i dont get it why it didn't work. It works perfectly fine on sense 3.6 roms. At least it worked for me with the experimental driver.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

And use 4ext touch recovery, it seems to be more stable. To install just download app from play store and select install recovery from the app BUT you must be already rooted to flash the new recovery from the app. So to get s off back just do the htcdev method. fastboot flash recovery. Boot into recovery. Flash the root zip and then dl the app. The full version is a better option imho. It costs a little but its worth it.

Last edited:

mnomaanw

Jul 29, 2011
Sounds like a hardware issue to me. How can CF3D affect hboot and recovery? It only touches the ROM.
@OP do you see a black light when you turn on the phone or your screen does not even light up.
I have installed CF3D on almost every ROM available for CDMA EVO 3D , just to mess around and it does not affect anything except the 3D graphics in games .They will get better or in worst case no 3D games at all only black screen but 2D HUD menu etc are visible.

MrJyrks

Jun 30, 2012
And go s-off with juopunutbear. It is super easy with the correct timing. I watched a video to get the correct timing. And as far as i know s off should be required for jellybean roms.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

You just better flash a ruu. I dont think it is a hw issue if you had the screen functioning just before installing cf3d.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 PM ----------

If it doesnt work after flashing a ruu there is nothing we could do and you need to send it in for repair.

MR.Prpo

Dec 8, 2014
Nexus 7 (2013) black screen after installing chainfire 3D

hy evevy body
I need help, plss
After install chainfire 3D on my nexus he is turn off,and i turn on but when is turn on,screen is black,and i can't fix.
I'm try wipe reset/factory but don't work,i connect with PC,but i can't see on PC my nexus,
How fix this problem
Plss help me
Thanks
Sry on my bad english

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hy evevy body

what can i do with that

thx 4advice

Can you get into the recovery via fastboot?
    Flash a new bootloader in Fastboot USB and a recovery and you should be able to tweak your way from there by flashing a new ROM.
    Blank screen? Mine got stuck on htc logo a while back. It's not meant to be working on ics. I made a backup before, just in case and restored it. All was fine after. Flashing the same rom over, without cleaning any partitions should work fine too. But in your case i am not sure it will work.