Can't find ANY wifi networks anymore?

Search This thread

SpencerWeiss

Oct 12, 2013
Its been about 2 weeks now and I am still having this problem. One day while I was a school I felt my phone really hot in my pocket. and it was off. When I truened it back on the battery was only 20% and then I could not find any wifi networks. It used to work for about 30 seconds when I restarted the phone, but now it does not even do that. Any help?! This is pretty bad.

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer
Its been about 2 weeks now and I am still having this problem. One day while I was a school I felt my phone really hot in my pocket. and it was off. When I truened it back on the battery was only 20% and then I could not find any wifi networks. It used to work for about 30 seconds when I restarted the phone, but now it does not even do that. Any help?! This is pretty bad.

Are you rooted? Can you flash a ROM?

BILGERRYAN-SIG_zps5b0983a1.png

bilgerryan

Inactive Recognized Developer

Surj138

Aug 6, 2012
I am rooted, but I don't think that I can flash a custom rom because my phone is flashed to cricket and they said don't do system updates/factory resets.
Flashing a custom ROM or doing a factory reset won't mess with your cricket flash, although you will have to follow directions in this thread to get back working MMS and 3g (if you flash an AOSP or CM-based ROM... 3g should work out of the box on stock-based).

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1649508

Before you do anything, though, I would read read and READ some more. Not to sound rude, but you don't wanna dig yourself into a bigger hole just because you don't know what you're doing. And I'd be glad to help if you need it [emoji2]

Trolling from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SpencerWeiss

Oct 12, 2013
Il just live with it til I get a new phone. My dad said I will get a new one at the end of the school year. Surj is right, I don't wanna make it worse while I try to fix it.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app

SpencerWeiss

Oct 12, 2013
Update: I reflashed my modem gc01. The WiFi still does not work. I think its a hardware problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using xda app-developers app