[Q] Unroot Note 2 N7100 after saferoot for warranty case

Search This thread

ssterjo

Jun 2, 2010
Hello everyone,

after I rooted my phone with the saferoot method, the Knox flag stayed 0 but I have the system status set to 'custom'.
Now I want to return the phone for a warranty case and I want to erase all my data and unroot it. I have read all the posts but I don't get a definitive answer for this. Additionally I have changed my dpi and installed wanam which I used to modify the look. This all means that my system files have been modified, so I can't just do a factory reset.
From what I read, I should remove wanam, busybox, supersu, or use the saferoot unroot script, but as I said, my system files are modified and I dont think this would be enough to set the status to official. I also read that I should use a no-wipe rom, but I cant find the specific rom same as my current firmware, and I'm not sure how I should flash it, from stock recovery or else?

so basically, how do i completely return my phone to stock with status official with currently modified system files?

my current AP is N7100XXUEMK9, CP: N7100XXUEMJ9 and CSC: N7100DBTEMK2, this is all just in case someone needs them. can anyone help me? thanks.

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Hello everyone,

after I rooted my phone with the saferoot method, the Knox flag stayed 0 but I have the system status set to 'custom'.
Now I want to return the phone for a warranty case and I want to erase all my data and unroot it. I have read all the posts but I don't get a definitive answer for this. Additionally I have changed my dpi and installed wanam which I used to modify the look. This all means that my system files have been modified, so I can't just do a factory reset.
From what I read, I should remove wanam, busybox, supersu, or use the saferoot unroot script, but as I said, my system files are modified and I dont think this would be enough to set the status to official. I also read that I should use a no-wipe rom, but I cant find the specific rom same as my current firmware, and I'm not sure how I should flash it, from stock recovery or else?

so basically, how do i completely return my phone to stock with status official with currently modified system files?

my current AP is N7100XXUEMK9, CP: N7100XXUEMJ9 and CSC: N7100DBTEMK2, this is all just in case someone needs them. can anyone help me? thanks.
Flash your official firmware with Mobile Odin pro, with clear data cache options checked.

ssterjo

Jun 2, 2010
Flash your official firmware with Mobile Odin pro, with clear data cache options checked.

Thanks for the quick reply. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't mobile odin or even odin from PC trigger knox? I've read in many posts that it would trigger it. Also, the firmware would also flash csc and modem, which would probably again, trigger knox. Am I right or wrong?

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
Thanks for the quick reply. Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't mobile odin or even odin from PC trigger knox? I've read in many posts that it would trigger it. Also, the firmware would also flash csc and modem, which would probably again, trigger knox. Am I right or wrong?
If you're flashing official rom then Knox would not trigger, so don't worry.

ssterjo

Jun 2, 2010
If you're flashing official rom then Knox would not trigger, so don't worry.

are you sure? I don't want to be stubborn, but everywhere I read that if you try to flash anything will trigger knox, and I don't want to void the warranty. so is it really safe?

furthermore, even if I do flash with mobile odin, can I just flash the system partition and not the rest? would this be enough to restore the system status?

Last edited:

m.b.jikre

Nov 30, 2012
Pune
are you sure? I don't want to be stubborn, but everywhere I read that if you try to flash anything will trigger knox, and I don't want to void the warranty. so is it really safe?

furthermore, even if I do flash with mobile odin, can I just flash the system partition and not the rest? would this be enough to restore the system status?
Don't worry, take a look at: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1915386
Same to that just flash your official ROM with PC odin or mobile odin, without triggering Knox.