[Q] Unlocking bootloader on S4 SCH i545

Search This thread

DavidHXC91

Jan 4, 2014
Hello all,

I have a problem as I have heard it is currently impossible to unlock the bootloader on my phone which is a Galaxy S4 SCH i545. OS 4.4.2 Kernel version 3.4.0 and build NC5. I would like to be running CyanogenMod.
Also, It is currently rooted via the new Towelroot hack.
I am wondering if a possible option would be to revert to a previous android build where it would be possible yet to unlock the bootoader.
Has anyone done this? If so, how far back should I go and what is the best way to do this? Thank you for your help.

Reactions: Paraszoz

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Hello all,

I have a problem as I have heard it is currently impossible to unlock the bootloader on my phone which is a Galaxy S4 SCH i545. OS 4.4.2 Kernel version 3.4.0 and build NC5. I would like to be running CyanogenMod.
I am wondering if a possible option would be to revert to a previous android build where it would be possible yet to unlock the bootoader.
Has anyone done this? If so, how far back should I go and what is the best way to do this? Thank you for your help.

No can do. Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are wanting. Since 4.3 there's been no way to downgrade to anything useful and no way to unlock the bootloader.

DavidHXC91

Jan 4, 2014
No can do. Unfortunately there is no way to do what you are wanting. Since 4.3 there's been no way to downgrade to anything useful and no way to unlock the bootloader.

Well that is extremely discouraging to hear. I will probably have to buy a different phone eventually. Do you happen to know if there's a safestrap OS for it that's worth doing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,