MTP Is not Working for me

Search This thread

goldfinger01

Aug 19, 2009
Hi guys, i'm having trouble connecting my OnePlus ONE to my PC with MTP to do file transfers, ADB is OK. I'm using Windows 8.1 and connecting to PC trough a USB 3.1 port. In my Device manager i saw MTP as an unrecognized device. Where can i find a correct driver?

Best Regards,

Marco Costa

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago
Hi guys, i'm having trouble connecting my OnePlus ONE to my PC with MTP to do file transfers, ADB is OK. I'm using Windows 8.1 and connecting to PC trough a USB 3.1 port. In my Device manager i saw MTP as an unrecognized device. Where can i find a correct driver?

Best Regards,

Marco Costa

Unplug your device from your computer. Open up Device Manager. Plug in device. Look for the device in device manager. It may have an odd name, but you'll see something pop up when you plug the phone in. When you find it, right click on it and click "Update Drivers". Then click the "Browse" option. Then select "Let me pick from a list". Then click something along the lines of "Android ADB driver". This should let it properly communicate with your computer and let you browse data files on the phone.

jp694

Apr 10, 2012

Best Regards,

Marco Costa

I recently had the same issue what version of windows 8.1 do u have installed?

goldfinger01

Aug 19, 2009
I recently had the same issue what version of windows 8.1 do u have installed?

I'm using Windows 8.1 Entreprise N Version 6.3 (Build 9600)

Unplug your device from your computer. Open up Device Manager. Plug in device. Look for the device in device manager. It may have an odd name, but you'll see something pop up when you plug the phone in. When you find it, right click on it and click "Update Drivers". Then click the "Browse" option. Then select "Let me pick from a list". Then click something along the lines of "Android ADB driver". This should let it properly communicate with your computer and let you browse data files on the phone.

Does this apply to MTP? I tried the same driver i used to make adb work but MTP doesn't

TheShoxter

Jul 14, 2014
Chicago

Does this apply to MTP? I tried the same driver i used to make adb work but MTP doesn't
Yes, the same driver will work for MTP. If your computer can successfully communicate with your phone via ADB, then it can transfer data as MTP. Is USB debugging enabled on your phone? And, does ADB actually work right now? When you type "adb devices" in a command prompt, does it give you a device serial?
EDIT: I'm not familiar with the 8.1 Entreprise version, I didn't think it would affect anything, apparently it does :p

Last edited:

jp694

Apr 10, 2012

Download this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40744 i had the same issue u need this for it to work. It really is the stupid that you need this if you have the n version of windows but im sure it will fix it i had the same issue and tried everything only took me 4 days to finally find out the issue.

berrg

Jan 16, 2014
Hi guys. I am having the same problem on Win7 64bit. MTP driver can't be loaded and therefore can't use file transfer for my One. Can't find Media Feature Pack for my Win7 either.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Jalava

May 10, 2013
Parma
olmostblue.it
Same problem here with CM11S 05Q and OSX, Android File Transfer can't see my OPO and on screen I don't have any notification about MTP, debug and camera mode

Top Liked Posts