HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs

Search This thread

waldfee

Jul 29, 2007
It's tomtom fault. some version of tomtom update bluetooth driver with a very old bluetooth driver. in \Windows directory rename files btsdkce30.dll and btcedrivers.dll if I remember correctly.

thanks a lot. I've found the drivers which are:

BtCoreIf.dll
BtSdkCE30.dll
ttn6bt2003.dll

usually located in \windows

It's working now like a charm :)

have a great day & cu
wf

elparra72

Aug 13, 2007
Madrid
I've returned to Sanjay's V3

I've returned to Sanjay's v3. After some days trying Phamquang ROM, I finally back to an 'older' version. I really think Phanquang is great ROM, but it needs a clean. While a new version is coocked I'll use Sanjay's

cook

Mar 7, 2008
RealVGA and localized updated .dll ressources files

Hello,

I found updated 96dpi, 128dpi and localized language .dll ressources for office mobile 6.1 here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=4b106c1f-51e2-42f0-ba32-69bb7e9a3814 (extract required files manually from cab or with this software http://www.ocpsoftware.com/products.php?nm=cecabmgr and replace the outdated ones in /Windows)

This solve the excel crash with RealVGA

Do you know where I can found other updated 96dpi, 128dpi and localized language ressources .dll ? I have artifact in 96 dpi in control panel page.

I think it's possible to find it in WM6.1 ROM file for low resolution devices and non-english WM6.1 ROM but where ?

Thanks for any advises,

Thierry.

elparra72

Aug 13, 2007
Madrid
ZinFab, This version is really fast. I've connected HX4700 to my mobile and I'm using GRPS connection for surfing. Speed is great!!

I'm looking for a JBED, TAO or similar JAVA to implement on HX4700 but I've tried several versions but they didn't work. Do you know a good packet/link for JAVA?

Thanks

lhasistos

Mar 6, 2008
ZinFab, This version is really fast. I've connected HX4700 to my mobile and I'm using GRPS connection for surfing. Speed is great!!

I'm looking for a JBED, TAO or similar JAVA to implement on HX4700 but I've tried several versions but they didn't work. Do you know a good packet/link for JAVA?

Thanks

Hello

Java dosnt work until you put Phone dll . and sms .dll in windows (pda) , serch in this forum you find it .
Only IBM Java version work if you dont have these dlls but its to bad Install Esmertec Java with dlls and all works fine
Regards

Last edited:

Ericvontrap

May 25, 2008
I am running Sanjay's V3 and Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I can sync quite nicely until I take the 4700 out of the cradle. When it goes back in then the partnership fails and I have to effectively re-boot and start over.

I know there are postings on Vists not synching very well - and maybe this is one of those situations.

Any brilliant minds out there can offer some solution - I know that re-booting is a Bill Gates solution to everything and I really would like to avoid this.......

shamilsh

Jan 4, 2006
Any solution of hx4700 BT PAN BAG?

Dear all
You may know that our hx4700 has very serious BUG on their Broadcomm BT Stack. It is said that has BT PAN client profile, but doesn't work with host mobile phones at all.
In other hand, expart users succeed to hack Broadcomm Stack and set it on HTC's legency device Universal. And now it works as BT PAN client.
http://www.ruwebit.net/article/275
Our heros Kozhura, sanjay1951, Algasystems, Da_G, PhamQuang, and Ramsses, is it possible to build ROM with corrected BT Stack?
Thanks in advance.

tapdov

Dec 13, 2007
Dear all
You may know that our hx4700 has very serious BUG on their Broadcomm BT Stack. It is said that has BT PAN client profile, but doesn't work with host mobile phones at all.
In other hand, expart users succeed to hack Broadcomm Stack and set it on HTC's legency device Universal. And now it works as BT PAN client.
http://www.ruwebit.net/article/275
Our heros Kozhura, sanjay1951, Algasystems, Da_G, PhamQuang, and Ramsses, is it possible to build ROM with corrected BT Stack?
Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure my bt PAN client is working.

shamilsh

Jan 4, 2006
I'm pretty sure my bt PAN client is working.

Really? How do you set it? And Which ROM and Host device?
I've heard that only in the case of pairing with the Broadcomm BT Stack Host deivice, hx4700 works as client. For example, with Moto Q 9h. But in the case of using with MS BT Stack device or Nokia Phones, hx4700 doesn't work.

tapdov

Dec 13, 2007
Well I meant that when I choose "Start Personal Area Networking" on my Toshiba e800 (which uses a Toshiba-made stack) it starts a network with my hx4700. The only service I've ever found in other devices was "serial port".

shamilsh

Jan 4, 2006
Toshiba e800 is not a Phone but solid PDA, isn't it?
To produce PAN with PC or other PDA, hx4700 has no problem.
But to produce PAN with Mobile Phones, hx4700's BT Stack doesn't work correctry.

ZinFab

Nov 29, 2007
Johannesburg

Thanks

How did you get the phone connection right...I cannot get my ipaq to connect to my Sony Ericsson w950i?

elparra72

Aug 13, 2007
Madrid
How did you get the phone connection right...I cannot get my ipaq to connect to my Sony Ericsson w950i?
ZinZab, I use BT Phone Manager to set connection parameters. I used several Nokia phones and now I use a Nokia 6300. I've had no problems. You can use a generic setting because this application can ask setting to your phone if you have WAP and Internet setting working on it. If not, you can select country and provider from the available list.

regards,

Elparra72

ZinFab

Nov 29, 2007
Johannesburg
ZinZab, I use BT Phone Manager to set connection parameters. I used several Nokia phones and now I use a Nokia 6300. I've had no problems. You can use a generic setting because this application can ask setting to your phone if you have WAP and Internet setting working on it. If not, you can select country and provider from the available list.

regards,

Elparra72

I've had no luck with that BT phone manager...thought maybe there was something else...pity

cook

Mar 7, 2008
My Documents on SD and throttle filesys.exe

Hello,

I try to have faster and better HX4700 and I found 2 good (I think) tricks.

First one is put "My Documents" where many software write something without possibility to change it to SD Card.
-----------------
In fact the solution I found is rename "SD Card" itself to "My Documents" so there is no "SD Card" anymore because "SD Card" IS "My Docuyments". Because I use CF Card for all my storage purpose and only SD card for temporary use (SD Card is easier to extract than CF Card) this is good soltion for me.

The thing to do is :

1) Backup and Erase content of "SD Card"
2) Copy content of "My Documents" on ROOT of "SD Card" (not in "My Documents" subfolder)
3) Modify :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\SDMemory
String Name: Folder
Default Value: SD Card
Modified Value: My Documents
4) Delete "My Documents" folder
5) Soft reset, done.

2nd one, throttle filesys.exe
----------------------

I read everywhere with WM6.1 filesys.exe is not an issue anymore compared to WM5. The problem is I never install WM5 to my device to compare so I still think filesys.exe is an issue. I found a little app reduce, I think, this issue.

I modified it for last PdaViet ROM and include all info to modify it for an other ROM :

How to modify patch_filesys for your own ROM

1: Connect HX4700 and verify ActiveSync is correctly running
2: Run command pps.exe -t > out.txt
3: Locate in out.txt the line(s) with msflash.dll
4: The 4 first bytes of this line is the process PID
5: Edit patch_filesys.exe with any hex editor and go to 61Ch the 4 bytes is the search process
(note: there are many search process PID at 61Ch, 620h, 624h and so on, you can modify the 1st as described here or an other)
6: Copy the PID read in out.txt at 61Ch address with BYTES IN REVERSE ORDER.

patch_filesys should now run without error message.
If no you made an error with PID once again you must imput bytes in reverse order.
if you read 12 34 56 78 you must input 78 56 34 12

7: patch_filesys run but have no effect (filesys still eat 100% CPU)
try to see in out.txt if there is an other msflash.dll line with an other PID and try with this one.

Attachments

• Filesys.zip
    91.2 KB · Views: 473

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe not... you can use from vista.... but i think you ave to do it from safe mode... there are several threads around about flashing from vista...

check out www.mobilitysite.com

there is a lot of info there and there is still a subforum for the 4700.... i used the same username there as i have here....