Gesture Control (root)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

StupidIdea

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2011
Please refer to the main thread in Android apps and Games: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with multitouch gestures. Root access is needed. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
Swipe 2 fingers from top downward

Home:
pinch 3-4 fingers

Show/Hide status bar:
Swipe 2 fingers from bottom upward

Please try it out and let me know what you think. What other features or actions would be helpful?

You can download it here:
Gesture Control Lite

demo_QR.png

USB Debugging must be enabled

Change log:

- Added check for USB Debugging

- Added option to switch multitouch/singletouch gestures
- Fixed bug: ROOT permission sometimes was not aquired

Last edited by a moderator:

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
I thought it was goingto be a useable version. Looks like just advertising

There are a lot of requests for status bar hiding widgets or apps. So you just start the application when you need to hide status bar (for example before browsing or gaming). You don't lock your device in the middle of gaming.

In my opinion it is still better than all other bar hiding apps (and I'm talking about free version of my app). You have to click something in all of them (and here you click - start app). Just in my app you have the opportunity to control your tablet while bar is hidden.

But if you think this version is useless, I value your opinion.

Reactions: iOStoAndroid

haidharbbc

Feb 22, 2012
it does nothing..btw, still a good idea..great if work flawlessly

Sent from my GT-P6800 using xda premium

hkotaku

Dec 19, 2009
Working fine here. Nice app, doesn't lag either.

Would love to see more gestures/controls and an option to customize them. Please keep up the good work and don't stop working on it :)

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
it does nothing..btw, still a good idea..great if work flawlessly

I'm developing on 7.7 myself, so it is tested well on it.
You don't get any error messages, notifications on gestures nothing? Does the last button in settings screen (Status bar toggle) works (hides/unhides) status bar?

steveathome

Aug 8, 2010
Adelaide
I'm now using this and works brilliant. Finding the swipe gestures to suit me. Hiding and unhiding status bar no lag. Keep up the good work. Bought full version. :)

haidharbbc

Feb 22, 2012
it doesn't work for..it just only state that it is hide, menu, and back
.but there is no action..

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
it doesn't work for..it just only state that it is hide, menu, and back
.but there is no action..

I PM'ed you a few questions, please send me an answer when you have time to test it again and I will look into it.

Works perfect.

...But the free(demo) version is annoyinng.

I will add setting to turn off toast message on unlock (when tutorial mode is switched off). However free version will stay for occational use. Application contains a lot of native code that will need support with new versions/devices. And the application is niche anyway. I really tried using this version myself and I find it usefull, but you can propose different model, I'm open for ideas.

Last edited:

stefan.pilsu

Dec 16, 2008
OnePlus One
Essential Phone
I PM'ed you a few questions, please send me an answer when you have time to test it again and I will look into it.

I will add setting to turn off toast message on unlock (when tutorial mode is switched off). However free version will stay for occational use. Application contains a lot of native code that will need support with new versions/devices. And the application is niche anyway. I really tried using this version myself and I find it usefull, but you can propose different model, I'm open for ideas.

The annoying part :

Three very, very small gestures for 1.5 coins...
I'll be happy to buy only one (taskbar hidding ) for 0.49.
This may be a joke...

Once again, the app works great.

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
The annoying part :

This may be a joke...

Well, there are other apps for this (HideBar - free, Honeybar - 1$), my intention is to evolve the gesture part. Allow to create your own gestures and define your own actions.

Reactions: steveathome

f1ux

Jan 2, 2011
Any chance of making the gestures more like the ipad? E.g. 5 finger pinch to home? Its a more natural closing type gesture imo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jimmyx

Jun 17, 2008
I am using tab 7.7. I can download the demo version but cannot buy the full version. It said device not compatible...

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
I am using tab 7.7. I can download the demo version but cannot buy the full version. It said device not compatible...

Weird, checked with my device, and I can see it as available with other account.
I have excluded some devices, but definitely not 7.7.

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with gestures. Root access is needed. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
down - left

Home:
down - right

Show/Hide status bar:
up - right

Please try it out and let me know what you think. What other features or actions would be helpful?

market

qrcode.png

Why you dont post that in Themes and Apps Section
???

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
Moved To Themes And Apps

As the thread title suggests, this section is for Android Development. This needs to be in the Themes and Apps section.​

StupidIdea

Jun 24, 2011
Any chance of making the gestures more like the ipad? E.g. 5 finger pinch to home? Its a more natural closing type gesture imo

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Changed gestures to multitouch (see first post).
Also fixed a bug that I think prevented actions from working on some devices.

f1ux

Jan 2, 2011
Excellent, thanks!

I just bought it and it recognises my gestures fine but it stopped doing anything after the first gesture?

It still pops up with home etc but doesnt do the action.

If i open the gesture app and disable and reenable the service again it works for one action and stops again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please refer to the main thread in Android apps and Games: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535740

I'm developing application that allows you to control tablet with multitouch gestures. Root access is needed. Currently it allows to execute following gestures:

Back:
    Swipe 2 fingers from top downward

Home:
    pinch 3-4 fingers

Show/Hide status bar:
    Swipe 2 fingers from bottom upward

Gesture Control Lite

demo_QR.png

USB Debugging must be enabled

Change log:

- Added option to switch multitouch/singletouch gestures
    - Fixed bug: ROOT permission sometimes was not aquired
    i would love for this to work. i hate honeybar's inconvenient hotspot and hidebar simply does not work for me. gestures are perfect. however, like others i have the problem of it working the first time or two and then not. i still get popups showing what was supposed to happen, but nothing happens

With XDA community help (thanks to roganjosh and cRuNcHiE) I found what causes this behaviour. You have to check USB Debuging in Android setting in order for it to work.

Still looking for a solution to overcome this requirement, but it should do for now.
    I thought it was goingto be a useable version. Looks like just advertising

There are a lot of requests for status bar hiding widgets or apps. So you just start the application when you need to hide status bar (for example before browsing or gaming). You don't lock your device in the middle of gaming.

In my opinion it is still better than all other bar hiding apps (and I'm talking about free version of my app). You have to click something in all of them (and here you click - start app). Just in my app you have the opportunity to control your tablet while bar is hidden.

But if you think this version is useless, I value your opinion.
    The annoying part :

This may be a joke...

Well, there are other apps for this (HideBar - free, Honeybar - 1$), my intention is to evolve the gesture part. Allow to create your own gestures and define your own actions.
    New version