[FIX/ HOW-TO] Detach App from Market to Enable Purchase

Search This thread

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
Archer posted an easier solution a few post down, to this problem.
Make sure to thank him a few posts down.
Nice find - a lot of people have been complaining about this problem recently.

For anyone who doesn't want to do the above, simply copy and paste this code into the address bar when you're on the relevant Google Play page...

Code:
javascript:document.getElementsByClassName("buy-link")[0].setAttribute("data-ispurchased", false)

You could create a bookmark of that if you expect to need it often.

Old Method:

Prerequisites : Desktop/Laptop computer Browser with ability to "inspect element"
Must have a valid credit card and a registered wallet account for this to work
And must be able to follow directions :)

Thank - jollyb for Finding/Translating THIS fix he found on a croatian forum.

1. Open Google play (Market) in Chrome browser (on your desktop/laptop) and find the wanted app (best would be that you backup the app via Ttitanium backup if you can, and uninstall it)

2. 'Right-Click' on "PURCHASED and select Inspect element

3. Above the selected row you'll see [data-ispurchased="true"]
scaled.php

4. Change "true" to "false" and press ENTER
(Having problems with downloading another app? Change the inspect element back to "true", app should start downloading now)

5. Click PURCHASED that will open the popup to buy via Google Wallet so you can purchase the app.

Tested on Google Chrome browser, please post if you've had success with/on different browsers.

MoPhoACTV Initiative

Last edited:

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ
What would people use this for?

People who have downloaded apps from Amazon app store for the free app of the day, and now since the Android Market has been updated to the Play Store, alot of those amazon apps are showing as purchased in Play Store but aren't downloadable or able to be purchased at all since it's linked to your Google account as I guess a pirated app or something.

MoPhoACTV Initiative

prezmater

Jul 11, 2010
Chalmers, IN
Awesome. I've been wondering how to do this. I traded phones with someone a while back and made a backup of all apps before I wiped the phone and I have been unable to purchase ADW Launcher EX because I restored the backup and then the market said it was purchased already but wouldn't let me download it.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

my2cents

Jul 24, 2010
California
I also found that if you uninstall the market updates (temporarily) and go back to the older style market, you can properly purchase them, even if it said "purchased" when using the newer market versions.

The amazon free app a day is a great example of what causes this problem.

Reactions: moonzbabysh

Archer

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jul 9, 2008
Manchester
Google Pixel 8 Pro

For anyone who doesn't want to do the above, simply copy and paste this code into the address bar when you're on the relevant Google Play page...

Code:
javascript:document.getElementsByClassName("buy-link")[0].setAttribute("data-ispurchased", false)

dirtyreturn

Aug 14, 2011
Nexus 7
Huawei Nexus 6P

Code:

To clarify, this goes into mobile browser while using google play app?

moonzbabysh

Jul 17, 2008
Mesa, AZ

Code:

In your Desktop Browsers address bar.

ByteDoc

Oct 28, 2010
Great help - how can I thank you?

Awesome, the simplest hacking tricks still do work sometimes ;)

I do not see any Thank Button - help me find it and I will push it!

Max

UPDATE: after posting the button appeared ... guess it wouldn't hurt to read, sure this is described somewhere around here =P

Last edited:

moisaal

Jul 23, 2011
Washington, DC
Im experiencing difficulty with this. I tried using both Chrome and firefox browsers, but to no avail. Chrome sent me to a google page when i pressed enter and firefox didnt change "purchased" to the price...At what exact point do i use this hack. Any and all help is much appreciated

Doctor Phate

Jan 15, 2012
And if you guys wanna just get rid of the "Purchased" status on the Play Store you can perform the topic's workaround (buying the app) from your pc and then while it's downloading on your phone you can cancel the process and press the "Refund" button.
You can even keep the sideloaded app installed on your phone!
This way you'll have the app set to the "right status" ;)

Cheers!

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
You can also try clearing the cache in the market under manage applications, if that is not enough, clear everything (you can restore from TB) after... Worked for me when I got something from getjar.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network

Doctor Phate

Jan 15, 2012
You can also try clearing the cache in the market under manage applications, if that is not enough, clear everything (you can restore from TB) after... Worked for me when I got something from getjar.

Sent From my Two Tin Cans & String Device on The Wookie Network
Mine is a Google-side bug.. I can do anything from the phone but nothing will ever work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Archer posted an easier solution a few post down, to this problem.
    Make sure to thank him a few posts down.

Code:

Old Method:

Prerequisites : Desktop/Laptop computer Browser with ability to "inspect element"
    Must have a valid credit card and a registered wallet account for this to work
    And must be able to follow directions :)

Thank - jollyb for Finding/Translating THIS fix he found on a croatian forum.

1. Open Google play (Market) in Chrome browser (on your desktop/laptop) and find the wanted app (best would be that you backup the app via Ttitanium backup if you can, and uninstall it)

2. 'Right-Click' on "PURCHASED and select Inspect element

3. Above the selected row you'll see [data-ispurchased="true"]
    scaled.php

4. Change "true" to "false" and press ENTER
    (Having problems with downloading another app? Change the inspect element back to "true", app should start downloading now)

5. Click PURCHASED that will open the popup to buy via Google Wallet so you can purchase the app.

Tested on Google Chrome browser, please post if you've had success with/on different browsers.

MoPhoACTV Initiative

Code:

Code:

In your Desktop Browsers address bar.
    I also found that if you uninstall the market updates (temporarily) and go back to the older style market, you can properly purchase them, even if it said "purchased" when using the newer market versions.

The amazon free app a day is a great example of what causes this problem.
    Man this is so awsome, it works like a charm and solved many headaches of not being able to update stuff..