Search This thread

ijustwantmydock

Aug 10, 2011
Salt Lake City
Last edited:

qudwis

Jun 30, 2010
Seoul
if this is true, it would be awesome, but i hope to get a way to ruu to get this update from leaked ruu?

joblabbo

Jun 11, 2010
sigh I just got my rez back from repair and was 5 minutes from flashing the leaked ics until I read this.

Well if it is true then we might see a leaked final a few days earlier if we are lucky.

a.mcdear

May 20, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I have not flashed the leaked RUU yet either. I learned my lesson with leaked software about 2 years ago when a leak for Eclair came out for Eris.. We all flashed it and then we were all stuck there for like 6 months, until someone figured out an exploit that allowed us to finally move on to the official update.

a-jive

Dec 14, 2011
Richland, WA
I have not flashed the leaked RUU yet either. I learned my lesson with leaked software about 2 years ago when a leak for Eclair came out for Eris.. We all flashed it and then we were all stuck there for like 6 months, until someone figured out an exploit that allowed us to finally move on to the official update.

Not that I advocate going with the leak at this point (assuming this post is accurate), but I can't imagine HTC would release an OTA with a lower version than the leaks.

I'm a pretty firm believer that the leaks are really just betas, and we are their testers. They get a plethora of bug reports, free development, and make their most finicky customers happier with their products through 'leaking' us the goods!

I certainly hope so anyway. But if not, I'm very happy with the current state of the Rezound.

mighty_markus12

Sep 18, 2011
I hope the leak we just got wasnt the final. Needs more work IMO..then again we got devs to fix htcs screw ups. Will be nice to have source for kernels.

Last edited:

Afro Samurai

Dec 8, 2008
Chicago,IL

I'm usually cool on flashing leaks but when firmware and radio were included that made me hesitant. Hopefully this is the real deal, I have to admit I've been real itchy to try it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm usually cool on flashing leaks but when firmware and radio were included that made me hesitant. Hopefully this is the real deal, I have to admit I've been real itchy to try it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

I just didn't flash the ruu because I am more than happy with ineffabalis 1.3 but bamf 1.0 ran like butter on my rezound so I am hoping with all the good reports of the update that this is true.

That and I'd like to see chingy work on a ics version of gb ineffabalis.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

nbhnohome

Aug 8, 2009
Seattle
razr-update-bb.jpg

AshtonTS

May 11, 2011
Woodstock, CT
Can we get a developer to shed a little light on this situation: will people (like me) who flashed the new RUU be able to update when this becomes official?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Looks like we may be getting it in a week http://www.technobuffalo.com/compan...-maxx-ics-update-april-4-htc-rezound-april-6/

Edit: lol I knew this was most likely not happening

Edit 2:best buy still says on schedule for the rezound but I highly doubt it

http://phandroid.com/2012/04/05/bes...te/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edit 3:didn't get it oh well didn't expect it and side note screw best buy
    from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    I don't have "proof" I guess but that is what I have heard.
    the first step is to wait until the really smart people get at it first, make a rom out of it for you to flash and THEN flash it, that is to say, if you are not fully 100% sure on what you're doing, or what to expect. lol. giving you a hard time of course, not tryina troll or flame ya. The update will drop, users will do it, they'll probably screw their phones up in the process and have bricks laying around while they are crying, while the rest of us get a quicktool that will give us s-off and we'll have a rom based on an official ICS OTA and be able to flash any radio and kernel that we want, not crying.

Yeah, well I haven't bricked a device yet....
    If you're unlocked, I think it will download and fail to update. You should still have the dled file. 1st step is to get the update to the devs.
    Buying a phone now adays should be for the hardware knowing you can put your flavor of software on it ... much thanks to the Dev communities

i bought it for the awesome
    screen
    processor
    micro sd slot
    removable battery

Thanks devs for being boss
    Can we get a developer to shed a little light on this situation: will people (like me) who flashed the new RUU be able to update when this becomes official?

You won't want to update unless the firmware is diferent which more than likely it won't be. Just wait. I will post a rooted version of the stock ota when it comes out

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk