[Root]How to Root Note2 [N7100] & keep flash counter 0

Search This thread

Slimer777

Feb 17, 2013
The funny thing for me is that after I have rooted my phone and the counted shows 2 flashes but I still haven't seen the triangle just yet!?:rolleyes: Can this happen?

Mohammed779

Dec 28, 2012
You could reset the counter to 0..isnt that easier.. With note 2 toolkit.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
The funny thing for me is that after I have rooted my phone and the counted shows 2 flashes but I still haven't seen the triangle just yet!?:rolleyes: Can this happen?

Not necessary you will have triangle, raised counter is just enough to void warranty.
Reset with triangle away

You could reset the counter to 0..isnt that easier.. With note 2 toolkit.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Toolkit? Does it reset counter?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Syed.MHD.mohsin

Apr 27, 2011
Chennai
=D

For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
Read
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
- Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
- Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
- Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
- Reset counter with Triangle away
- Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
- You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
- Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
(this step is just for keeping status' official '
You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
- with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty

:)

Super Like!

Userade

Feb 17, 2013
When i use triangle away it still says 9... but then sometimes it will even crash my rom? and i have to do an install...? any help would be truly gratified :)

topbasework

Oct 25, 2011
comfius abt baseband...

i new abt SGN2..
stock frm sammy 4.1.2
baseband- N7100DXDLK5
build number-N7100XXDMA6

@dr.ketan

which method root will work??

ty
sorry my bad eng

matzone

Jun 6, 2009
comfius abt baseband...

i new abt SGN2..
stock frm sammy 4.1.2
baseband- N7100DXDLK5
build number-N7100XXDMA6

@dr.ketan

which method root will work??

ty
sorry my bad eng

I am on the exact same rom and this is what I did (this is my version tho, thus follow the steps closely):

-1 Reflashed the N7100XXDMA6 Rom again so that the phone will be unrooted.
-2: Download and flash via odin CF_auto root by chainfire (your phone should be stock but rooted now).
-3: Boot up, download and install Triangle away and run it.
-4: Once it reboots after you wipe the counter try to co straight to recovery mode, if youre not fast enough follow step 5.
-5: Start it up in recovery mode (volume up+home+power key).
-6: -wipe cache
-factory reset
-wipe cache.
7 Reboot the phone.

Note afaik resseting the counter only works on stock rooted kernels.

ahkiongkc

Feb 24, 2013
Malaysia
I downloaded Triangle Away yesterday and it successfully reset my binary count to 0 and status to official. However, when i restarted my phone, it went back to one and status as custom. Erm.... anyone have any idea how to solve this issue or did i miss out an important step? Please advise. Thanks...

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
I downloaded Triangle Away yesterday and it successfully reset my binary count to 0 and status to official. However, when i restarted my phone, it went back to one and status as custom. Erm.... anyone have any idea how to solve this issue or did i miss out an important step? Please advise. Thanks...
Do you have any custom recovery/Kernel?

yinsw

Feb 28, 2013
Perai, Penang
Hmm.. I'm suppose to reply at the other thread -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696 but the system doesn't allow me since I'm new so I'll post here instead since the first post direct me there.

Thanks for the guide I've finally rooted my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100 using Method 1 of the guide.

Where can I see the flash counter? I've use Triangle Away to reset my counter and then I booted to Download mode but I don't see flash counter anywhere? I only see:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: GT-N7100
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Custom

Aside from that, there's not much problem except two:

1. My System Status still showing "Custom", so following the instruction, I had to clear cache and reset factory default again.. :crying:

2. My file transfer using USB suddenly is not working anymore. I keep getting "cannot copy <filename>. The device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected". The first thing I suspect is the Samsung USB Drivers provided in the first page. I've downloaded the latest one from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2038555 and it's back working again! Phewww...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For detail guide about how to root N7100 -
    Read
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1896696
    Post # 2 and 3 of above said thread

---------------------------------------------------------------
    This guide basically written when there was only available method to root device was flashing chenglu's recovery, which was causing to raise flash counter 1 even after triangle away. That was due to samsung's bootloader for Note 2 which have autosum check for recovery. So if you are using any custom recovery your flash counter will raise to 1. Also read this if you want to use CWM recovery and want to reset counter at every boot.

Later Chainfire have introduce 'Cf Auto root' and in that case no need to use this tutorial as CF auto root package includes stock recovery.

Still this guide is useful who have flashed CWM and want to move to stock recovery with reseting counter '0'

Here is guide How to reset counter to '0' and keep device rooted

All credits to Chainfire and chenglu, without their amazing tool we can't have this......

-If you have rooted with CWM recovery
    - Your device will have CWM recoovery with root access.
    - Download this stock recovery OR This latest stock recovery from LL7 which believe to be patched by samsung.
    - Flash with PC Odin for PDA tab.
    - Reset counter with Triangle away
    - Now your counter will be '0' and you will have now stock recovery but root access will be intact
    - You will have binnary count '0' but system status still will be 'custom'
    - Reboot to recovery, wipe cache and data
    (this step is just for keeping status' official '
    You can skip if you have too much data, as this status can be achieved even in semibricked condition by wiping from recovery Or by flashing stock rom from download mode. And in hard bricked this status can't be read :p) important thing is to just keep count' 0'.

- You will have binary count '0' and current binary 'official' as well system status 'official'
    - with latest bootloader you can't achieve system status 'official' with wipe cache and data too, in that case you may need to reflash stock ROM, reboot normally, play for 10 min and it should be 'official'

New :
    How to change system status 'Modified' to 'Normal' in device setting without factory reset.

you can enjoy full root access without worrying of warranty

:)
    No No
    This is bootloader bug
    while entering recovery just release power button once splash screen appear, above said error will go, and you can entre to recovery.
    Plz remove quating of full post.
    Now Chainfire have added 'CF Auto Root' to keep counter '0' with Stock recovery

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31801060&postcount=2

Moderator can close this thread Now
    Mobile Odin Pro flashcounter raise is fixed in version 3.40 afaik :)

Mobile odin 3.40 itself first version which have add Note 2 support.
    And i have tried (as well many other user reported) that to flash stock recovery, but it does raise counter.
    Hi guys where is the flash counter these posts r making me paranoid. Right now I flashed like 3 or 4 things but where is the counter???

Vol down +home+power and enter ind download mode.on the upper left screen you see three or four lines.One of them saying something like current binary status

Sent from the Beast