[Q] Microphone level in video

Search This thread

vikino

Jul 8, 2007
Hi all,
did someone noticed that mic level is terribly set to be very loud while recording a video?

I had HTC One M7 and i've been able to get clear sound from big concert, i bought Z2 and yesterday we did some singing with guitars in pub and on the final movie it sounds terrible, like those mics cant get that loud sound...
Any tips? Btw. i dont want to carry Sonys STM10 microphones...

Viki

misiakr

Jan 30, 2011
Yeah, I got this problem too. I was in concert, tried to record a Feb seconds, just to try sound quality, and it's totally terrible. Do you know what to do with it?

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

misiakr

Jan 30, 2011
It's possible that there's no way to fix it.

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

jcobreros

Jan 20, 2014
I think it's a software issue.
I've had this problem at two concerts, and even bars where the music wasn't even that loud.
Last night i tried at home. Played some music and recorded video.
The audio was again heavily distorted. Then I disabled all audio effects (this shouldn't matter I guess, but I tried). and disabled Noise cancelling headphones on accessory menu (they were not plugged in).
I recorded again and I didn't get nearly as much distortion.

I still don't know what's going on. I will try it again this week at a club and I'll see if it makes any difference.

I understand the Z2 doesn't have a double membrane mic (like the HTC one or other phones) so it's not going to be good for extremely loud music, but this is just too much. Audio has zero bass and is completely saturated.

gork1975

Jun 19, 2010
Kalletal
I think it's a software issue.
I've had this problem at two concerts, and even bars where the music wasn't even that loud.
Last night i tried at home. Played some music and recorded video.
The audio was again heavily distorted. Then I disabled all audio effects (this shouldn't matter I guess, but I tried). and disabled Noise cancelling headphones on accessory menu (they were not plugged in).
I recorded again and I didn't get nearly as much distortion.

I still don't know what's going on. I will try it again this week at a club and I'll see if it makes any difference.

I understand the Z2 doesn't have a double membrane mic (like the HTC one or other phones) so it's not going to be good for extremely loud music, but this is just too much. Audio has zero bass and is completely saturated.

Hi.
Have you tested with the other settings? And is there a change from record quality? The Sound is terrible in louder conditions, so any Solution will be appreciated.
Thanks