NF6 Update available on Kies - VoLTE added

Search This thread

rpolito73

Jul 25, 2010
All they need is a 2nd employee to verify that is was tampered with when you turn it in. You might not like the rules but Tmobile and Samsung makes them. It kind of sucks that this is the way it is but it is what it is. You seem like you know all the answers.

Wow man. Feeling some negative vibes..... But I am guessing you do have all the answers, huh TROLL? BTW save the response. No one cares..... Just troll another thread. And trust me, over 10 years of being with T-Mo will get me more than you could ever know. Not to mention, that the local T-Mo store had no one who could possibly even get to the point of checking knox. I showed them how to root my sgs4 when trading it for sgs5.... Could've changed but I'm guessing not.

Last edited:

watchout5

Dec 9, 2011
It was a joke hench the "haha". Do you need some MIDOL? Sorry if I offended bro/sis......

It's still a personal preference to keep knox. You assume I'm offended because you want me to be offended. You're failing to make sexist jokes at me in a forum dedicated to people who hack their phones. You're so tough.

rpolito73

Jul 25, 2010
It's still a personal preference to keep knox. You assume I'm offended because you want me to be offended. You're failing to make sexist jokes at me in a forum dedicated to people who hack their phones. You're so tough.

Loosen up Nancy. Don't take **** so personal. Thanks for the compliment...... Now tuck it & walk away.

ozziedog

Jul 14, 2010
Dallas
I just ordered the T-Mobile Galaxy S5 to unlock and use on AT&T, and am I reading this correct that with this update T-Mobile plugs any exploit that is found on previous firmware just like at&t does? Somebody please correct my assumption because if that's true I'm sending it back the minute I get it and going with the Nexus 5 I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistle but at least its completely unlocked. Don't slap me too hard I'm coming form the S4.:)

Crewchief521

Mar 29, 2010
I've turned in my last 4 devices, all rooted, and never got a call about it or had the price added to my bill. I think someone is lying to you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I just ordered the T-Mobile Galaxy S5 to unlock and use on AT&T, and am I reading this correct that with this update T-Mobile plugs any exploit that is found on previous firmware just like at&t does? Somebody please correct my assumption because if that's true I'm sending it back the minute I get it and going with the Nexus 5 I know it doesn't have all the bells and whistle but at least its completely unlocked. Don't slap me too hard I'm coming form the S4.:)

I assume you found this out already but TMOBILE has not locked their bootloader which it seems you think may have happened. It is totally unlocked - no exploit has ever been needed on any of the TMOBILE roms for this phone and I don't think you have anything to worry about. if you already picked up your S5 then you know this - if you waited - come on in = the waters just fine.

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
cf autoroot trips knox . Towel root does not. Some people prefer to root without voiding thier warranty. This is not dumb.

tmobile doesn't even care about knox. If you have handset protection they are happy knox is just tripped .. They would rather have a knox tripped phone to send out than one that has a cracked screen or worse ...Just bought my S5 today and knox is tripped already ...

Nyagu

Jan 5, 2013
Denton, TX
Please make your own decision regarding Jump program and knox, you may be rejected and the guys that tell you otherwise will not pay for your phone if X screws up. (x==(camera||speaker||microphone||headphonejack||else)).

I personally have chosen to use towel root(which doesn't trip knox!!!) on NE6, then use Odin Mobile to update to NF6 to keep root.

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
tmobile doesn't even care about knox. If you have handset protection they are happy knox is just tripped .. They would rather have a knox tripped phone to send out than one that has a cracked screen or worse ...Just bought my S5 today and knox is tripped already ...
did you buy a phone with knox already tripped? if so then it is probably be used.

spirodave

Mar 3, 2014
Saint Louis missouri
did you buy a phone with knox already tripped? if so then it is probably be used.
Sorry I meant I just bought the s5 today and I tripped Knox already cause im not concerned with tripping it . Especially if you have handset protection. It covers anything . Tripping knox just voids manufacturers warranty .All in all tmobile will work with you . They want you to keep paying them . My buddy brought his S4 in there a week ago and his knox was tripped and he partially bricked it and wifi and data wouldn't turn on. Not only did they give him a new phone but he got a GS5 and they credited all the previous made payments on Gs4 to the new Phone . Which I was surprised about . The S5 I bought today was brand new ...

Ian the Great

Nov 5, 2013
Dallas
T-mobile can deny jump upgrade if you trip knox flag, but I bet they won't..

Here's why..the new jump rule requires you to have paid at least half of the price of the original phone.

The phone that you trade in is gonna be in good working condition and probably not very old. A phone like this is usually gonna be worth more than 1/2 the original full price.

T-mobile jump is a rip off in my opinion

I had jump on my S4. I planned on using it to upgrade to S5 when it was released.

T-mobile changed the jump policy, and now jump wasn't worth using.

Here's how I jump....

When GS5 was first released i got it right away from t-mobile by adding another financed equipment plan.

I then payed off the remaining balance on the S4 ($300), unlocked it, and sold on it Ebay($400).

I got a brand new just released GS5, $100, and my T-mobile monthly bill stays the same.

**Actually it's $2 dollars less after removing jump. ($8 for handset protect without jump)**

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New update on Kies available. Sammobile may have it.... Adds VoLTE NF6

Use CF Auto Root to root after updating.
    Just know that some customers were contacted after using jump with knox tripped and billed for the device.

No kidding.... LMAO. I'll throw this ***** in the lake & pay the $175 then use JUMP then. Un-F'in-Real.......
    Just know that some customers were contacted after using jump with knox tripped and billed for the device.

Do you have any evidence of this? I've turned in 2 devices with warranty flags thrown with zero issues heck I didn't even unroot.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    i can confirm it will kill root and you won't be able to root again.unless you go back to previous firmware which i just did

That quote is from the other thread. I'm sure people will be asking about it. This person and another says Towel Root didn't work on the new firmware, if you upgrade let that be a warning until they (hopefully) find a workaround.