[Q] Headset button

Search This thread

thomas479

May 8, 2010
Just got my new Z2, very nice phone.
But it is unable to properly work with my headset.
It's an Fischer, with one button. This button does not play or pause my music (as it's supposed to do on my previous androids).
On the Z2 it is only able to change the volume up.

With Keytest I'm able to see its being detected as volume up.
Is this possible to change this without using root?
See attachment for screenshot

Attachments

• DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 129

morfeu78

Oct 30, 2014

Sorry to revive an old thread, but is this a regular "feature" of the z2?
I tried regular 3-button android phones (samsung s4 and a adidas one) and in both the volume buttons work fine, but the call - play/pause button works as volume up. I also tried a couple of iphone compatible phones: in those the volume keys don't work but the call - play/pause works fine.
Is this an issue/defect/problem with my phone or all z2 have this problem?

PC75

Nov 3, 2014
Root?

I also have the same problem. Assuming that my phone is rooted, how do I change it?
Thanks!

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
Sorry to revive an old thread, but is this a regular "feature" of the z2?
I tried regular 3-button android phones (samsung s4 and a adidas one) and in both the volume buttons work fine, but the call - play/pause button works as volume up. I also tried a couple of iphone compatible phones: in those the volume keys don't work but the call - play/pause works fine.
Is this an issue/defect/problem with my phone or all z2 have this problem?

I also have the same problem. Assuming that my phone is rooted, how do I change it?
Thanks!

Try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363957
It is a stock feature of Z devices I guess, but with stock headset. I can't tell for sure as I'm using Apollo modded by myself that supports double press to skip track and triple press to previous song so I'm not sure :D

morfeu78

Oct 30, 2014
Try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2363957
It is a stock feature of Z devices I guess, but with stock headset. I can't tell for sure as I'm using Apollo modded by myself that supports double press to skip track and triple press to previous song so I'm not sure :D

It might be related with the 4 tips connector used for the noise cancelling headphone. Sucks. But thanks for the link. It could be really helpful for someone with root.

olokos

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2011
Warsaw
It might be related with the 4 tips connector used for the noise cancelling headphone. Sucks. But thanks for the link. It could be really helpful for someone with root.

Noise cancelling headphones have 5 tips connector. The one with buttons have 4 tips. :p almost any device supports 4 tips jack connectors.