[APP] TouchWiz Calculator & Clock Apps for Galaxy Nexus [Update: ICS Themed Clock]

Search This thread

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009
Sorry for the lack of updates guys; been trying to port the touchwiz framework from the recent ICS leaks for the GNote and SGSII to GNex/AOSP builds.

For an update, here's something that may help you guys along on your ICS theming; again taken from djb77's work for the SGS.

It's not perfect; but it's got some of the heavy lifting done if anyone else wants to polish it up.

I'll up some screenshots in a few...

Attachments

• TWClockPackage_ICS.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 880

Lexrsk

Feb 28, 2012
What are the chances of the TWclock being modified to suit the ICSSGS 4.2 rom for the SGS 1?

As you have advised yourselves the stock ICS clock is not all that great and i would like for my phone.

As a side note i did flash the zip from the OP and it did open on my phone just that i could not see all of the buttons for the stopwatch and timer.

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
What are the chances of the TWclock being modified to suit the ICSSGS 4.2 rom for the SGS 1?

As you have advised yourselves the stock ICS clock is not all that great and i would like for my phone.

As a side note i did flash the zip from the OP and it did open on my phone just that i could not see all of the buttons for the stopwatch and timer.

Chiming in here ;) I will take a squiz at the download and then see if I can add/help with getting it to work. Should be no hassles so long as these guys don't mind? I would need a copy of their nexus framework-res if I am to do anything. But I think....I will be better off speaking straight to djb77 about this as he has it for SGS1 by the sounds of it....and then there would be ones from SGSII

Lexrsk these will all work on my ROM anyway....so just download djb77's package and flash over either a suitable ROM he recommends or flash over mine when I post it up.

PS: Sorry guys gone off topic....continue as you were, but if you would like me to assist I am happy to :) I am fairly nifty on the images size of things so I would like to help if I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexrsk

XanSama

Aug 20, 2009

Chiming in here ;) I will take a squiz at the download and then see if I can add/help with getting it to work. Should be no hassles so long as these guys don't mind? I would need a copy of their nexus framework-res if I am to do anything. But I think....I will be better off speaking straight to djb77 about this as he has it for SGS1 by the sounds of it....and then there would be ones from SGSII

Lexrsk these will all work on my ROM anyway....so just download djb77's package and flash over either a suitable ROM he recommends or flash over mine when I post it up.

PS: Sorry guys gone off topic....continue as you were, but if you would like me to assist I am happy to :) I am fairly nifty on the images size of things so I would like to help if I can.

For both of you I'll say: Take a look over here for Tortel1210's de-touchwiz'd APK files. The files in that thread are for the Epic 4g so they're optimized for 240dpi I believe; this means they should work on the SGS1 unmodified. Not sure what the SGSII dpi is off the top of my head but if it's 240 they'll work unmodified.

For the ICS theming you can indeed refer to djb77's work here. Getting the ICS theme into the de-touchwiz'd APK, I will leave to you folks. :)

Hope that helps..

Last edited:
Reactions: Lexrsk

vitoski

Mar 1, 2009
Poland
Hi guys,

Could you please let me know if I can install TWClock on SGS1 with AOKP ICS Rom? I really miss the advanced alarm clock from Samsung on ICS:D

Lexrsk

Feb 28, 2012
Hi guys,

Could you please let me know if I can install TWClock on SGS1 with AOKP ICS Rom? I really miss the advanced alarm clock from Samsung on ICS:D

Off topic vitoski..

If you cared to read 3 posts up you would have seen a response for that very question.

Please PM myself or Jarmezrocks for any updates as we will be looking into this possible port.

caifan

Jun 4, 2010
Can some with the knowledge work on porting the Email app from Touchwiz. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

ChmT

Jan 20, 2011
Klc
How about porting Samsung Galaxy S camera? It's much better than ICS default camera and FM radio app also.

I' think if samsung framework would be implemented in ICS than we could use all samsung stock apps without problem.

error6676

Nov 3, 2008
Hi XanSama!

Tried your modified twclock on my Galaxy S running ICS, everything seams to work but due to the lower screen resolution graphics doesn't fit the screen. Would it be much work modifying this for the Galaxy S?

monkey hung

Mar 2, 2011
Is there anyway you can get the accuweatherbwidget from touchwiz? Its not available any where else! These are awesome too!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

pepemosca

Jul 26, 2011
+1 on the request of the FM Radio!
Also, will this work on the SGS2 (GT-I9100)?

Thanks!

khrone

Feb 7, 2012
would this work on SGS2 (i9100) AOKP rom M5? Been trying to find a version that works to make the rom complete

Chocu1a

Sep 16, 2011
Thank you so much. I have been missing the clock package from touchwiz. So glad to have it back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] TouchWiz Calculator & Clock Apps for Galaxy Nexus [Update: ICS Themed Clock]

Simple mods/ports as I was missing the TouchWiz Calculator from my i9000; just de-odexed and modified the layout xml files.

Calculator Install: Just copy the attached apk to /system/app and set permissions.
    Clock Install: Flash zip from CWM.

Update 4: Sorry for the lack of updates; I've been trying to port TW framework from the ICS leaks for the Galaxy Note and SGSII to our AOSP Galaxy Nexus... as a hold over here's an ICS themed ClockPackage... Could use a few touchups but it's mainly there.

Update 3: I've just updated the TwClock package to fix some issues people were having with creating an Alarm.

Update 2: As per popular demand I've uploaded a version of the TW ClockPackage that will work on the Galaxy Nexus. Most of the heavy lifting for this one was done by Tortel1210 as it was his work that removed the twframework dependencies.

Update: Just uploaded an ICS themed version based off djb77's ICS theme for the i9000.

Calculator Original Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/hzuLF
    Calculator ICS Theme Screenshots:https://imgur.com/a/2KlES
    Clock Package Screenshots Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/QYCgI

Note: Using both this clock and the built in clock for alarms may (read: probably will) cause conflicts; as a result one or both of your alarms may stop functioning. Use only one clock for alarms at a time.
    touch wiz clock

hey is it possible could you do a mod for the touch wiz clock, with the stopwatch, alarm and timer in it :)
    hey is it possible could you do a mod for the touch wiz clock, with the stopwatch, alarm and timer in it :)

I'll take a look in the next couple days and let you know.
    First post updated with TouchWiz Clock package in CWM flashable zip.
    Thanks for providing these.
    I flashed the clock on my galaxy nexus running AOKP build 26. It flashed fine and the application starts, but trying to create a new alarm crashed the application.
    I tried fixing permissions and rebooting, but it didn't help.
    Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?

Interesting; I'll look into this in the next day or two.

Has anyone reading the thread had success using the alarms on the ClockPackage?

Any chance of getting the AccuWeather widget on here as well?

No promises on this one; but I'll check it out when I get a chance.