[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Search This thread

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK
Okay guys, I really want to get it fixed, but it seems that I am not able to get anyone in to help me, so I will just look into it tomorrow. It's 2:00 AM where I'm at and I'm tired. Sorry for the bootloops if you got them, I am going to need logs to try to fix it, so I need someone to work with me on this. Sorry again, good night.

yodanutz01

Jan 25, 2011
Bucharest
No bootloops here. Everything worked just fine ! Love TWRP Recovery and Aroma. Great,great job guys,BEST ROM for i9000 !! Thank you !

Last edited:

ghul21

Feb 8, 2011
Bielsko-Biała ( Łódź )
For those who made ​​it a question:
-with what rom
-with which kernel
-what procedure when installing the Aroma

It would be nice if someone posted a response

thank you

Last edited:

ghul21

Feb 8, 2011
Bielsko-Biała ( Łódź )
The second time I did the full wipe but also gave Aroma wipe data.
This was probably a mistake. I think that's the end of the Aroma plant did wipe data. But why at the end?

cronosmachine

Sep 16, 2010
ASOP is my hero, Team Nyx my hero

Great guys, I been waiting for pure stock ASOP for 4.0.4.
None of them able to archive close.
I'm going to test this now, just finished download.

UPDATE1: Wow, legit recovery menu..

Last edited:

zmagas1

Jul 28, 2010
Vilnius
Installation fails.

Done full wipe.
Flashed ROM via Aroma.
All files were extracted.
It rebooted into CWM.
Flashed again, installation took few seconds and appeared "Installation complete".

Done it several times, flashed RC4.2 and again RC5, but the same problem persists.
:mad:

ivke101

Dec 11, 2010
Zagreb-Karlsruhe
going back to ics333
lots of things to fix

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

lol instalation abortet when flash from rc5 to ics333:mad::mad::mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

EDIT: We know you are having bootloops, we are still working on figuring that out, thanks for your patience.

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/
    We are building it right now.
    User and developer is happier.

User is happier, but not necessarily developer. Also, we don't need a bunch of people testing for us to know if the main issues are fixed or not...basic functionality is the most important issue to fix, and we can test such things on our own. Sure, it is unfortunate if your calendar doesn't sync, or your facebook doesn't start (just making up stuff) but those aren't basic functionality that the phone needs to, well, be a phone. If we release super early with a lot of bugs, all we will hear is bug reports, even if we say to keep quiet about it. Anyways, it's only been a week or two, patience anyone? :p
    First off, we are working on it, but it's not that easy when you are actually compiling, but we are getting there. Looks like we are close to an Alpha build though. Was just wondering if anyone had access to, or could give us hosting of a dedicated server (or a very powerful VPS). The VPS we have just isn't good enough to do what we need, but we don't have the money to pay for a server that would be good enough. If anyone is interested in helping, just PM me. Thanks.

Hi,

We @ MyUI Team will be happy to share freely our dedicated server, please pm me your needs.
    We have ssh, ftp,and everything a Linux server has (LAMP server running on Debian).

++

RolluS
    trying to compile 4.1 from source but getting some issue

when i do
    source build/envsetup.sh
    lunch

it says
    Which would you like? [full-galaxysmtd] 9
    build/core/product_config.mk:209: ***device/samsung/galaxysmtd/full-galaxysmtd.mk is already in use.stop stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'full_galaxysmtd'
    ** Do you have the right repo manifest?

is there anyone who can help me with it?

You need to use our device tree for aries (unless you want to build CM, in that case you would have to use CM source)

To build AOSP you can't really use the CM device tree, unless you want to go in and patch everything so it only builds AOSP.
    Actually I just checked and it looks like our device tree isn't public yet, we are still making a lot of patches and merging things into JB to try to get it to build. When we get something working and booting we will push the changes to Github and release the full ROM source (we have been wanting to do this, but it's a HUGE hassle to deal with 280 or so repositories and such).

Google made a ton of low level changes, so saying its a pain in the butt is an understatement. ;)