Best Buy Exchanged my Prime for an Infinity

Will this improve your opinion of Best Buy

• Total voters
Search This thread

blackinjun

Jul 8, 2008
Washington DC
I have a 1 year ADH, so I went to BB today to see about exchanging for an Infinity because of GPS problems. They did the exchange but suprisingly they did it under a manufacturer problem and refunded my ADH as a prorate. They ordered my Transformer as an OMS to my home and took off 50.00 because it took over an hour.

Last edited:

Skullmonkey

Jul 31, 2010
A little Q/A:
Q: What is the success rate of this working?
I am figuring around 70% success. (Based on putting names on a list)

Q: Will this work with other stores other than Best Buy?
A: Nothing has been reported to work yet. People have tried Game Stop, Staples, and Office Depot.
Note: This is only reported to work at BB in the US.

Q: Will they take my Prime back if it's unlocked/rooted
Rooted should not be a problem. Unlocked might but no one has reported that they got denied because of being unlocked.

Q: Will this work if I ordered online?
Yes. Just print out your confirmation page and use it as your receipt. (Read the next part also)

Q: What do I need to exchange for something else?
1. Prime (duh)
2. Power cable.
3. Original box (Only 1 person has been able to do it without the box)
4. Receipt or order confirmation if you ordered online. (Some people say it has worked that they "got it as a gift")

Q: Any suggestions?
1. Go straight to customer service. Bypass Geek Squad unless CS tells you to go there.
2. Just say you are having WiFi/BT/GPS issues.
3. Make the prime look as stock as possible.
4. If 1 store doesn't take it, go back after a shift change. Get someone else. If that fails, go to a different store.

Last edited:

tedr44

Jan 2, 2012
I have a 1 year ADH, so I went to BB today to see about exchanging for an Infinity. They did the exchange but suprisingly they did it under a manufacturer problem and refunded my ADH as a prorate. They ordered my Transformer as an OMS to my home and took off 50.00 because it took over an hour.
Never know until you try, congrats on your good luck and enjoy your brand new toy. Maybe Asus has indtructed the dealers to be very accomdating and lenient on the request for trade ins or exchange. If I own a Prime today I sure would try what you did.

Last edited:

PapaSmurf6768

Jul 29, 2011
I have the same ADH from best buy and had the same plan. Before the year was up, I'd go in and complain about wifi or whatever and they'd swap it out. If they swap out for an infinity, even better.

Sent from my BAMFed out TBolt

blackinjun

Jul 8, 2008
Washington DC
I have the same ADH from best buy and had the same plan. Before the year was up, I'd go in and complain about wifi or whatever and they'd swap it out. If they swap out for an infinity, even better.

Sent from my BAMFed out TBolt

According to BB.com they have no more primes to swap, there may be some at stores on clearance but the replacement item is the infinity. I am not surprised about the swap upgrade, I am surprised about the adh refund. I told the story about buying it and the GPS not working but that fixes were forthcoming and then eventually we were told GPS did not work because of the metal back (oopps by ASUS). I did not bring up the dongle but don't think that would have mattered.

zenaxe

May 30, 2010
I have a 1 year ADH, so I went to BB today to see about exchanging for an Infinity. They did the exchange but suprisingly they did it under a manufacturer problem and refunded my ADH as a prorate. They ordered my Transformer as an OMS to my home and took off 50.00 because it took over an hour.

Please repeat with fewer acronyms. Thanks.

blackinjun

Jul 8, 2008
Washington DC
Sorry
GPS - global positioning satellite
Bb - best buy
Bb.com - best buy.com (online ordering for best buy stores
Adh - accidental damage handling warranty
oms - bb (see above) system in store for placing orders from their warehouse

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

crystalstylez

Aug 3, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Did they check to see if it was rooted? Mine is unlocked but I do have adh.. I did also do nvflash so it does not say the device is unlocked.

Hmm suppose my prime could take a little trip to the floor too.

Billyvnilly

Aug 19, 2007
Detroit
Whats the easiest thing to do if you're unlocked and have an adh... think they'll swap bc of the gps and wifi still?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

blackinjun

Jul 8, 2008
Washington DC
That's exactly why they swapped mine GPS. I unrooted but geek squad said what are we supposed to do if GPS doesn't work go to returns

PS I am not unlocked but they didn't turn it on
Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lms24

n8mack33

Oct 7, 2007
Do you suppose Office Depot would let me do an exchange?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda app-developers app

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Well I have had it with my Prime, and got mine from Best Buy so why not I will let you know how it goes trying to get an exchange. From what I understand they will swap it under manufacturer defect warranty (for me GPS / Wifi/ BT are defective) and now that Prime is not in the system anymore replacement is TF700. I just wiped and boxed it up Ill let you guys know what happens

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011
Sorry but I can only laugh at this situation...

1. Prime will continue to sell next to Infinity Pad 700. It won't be discontinued...

Except.... C5.. which came out in April... is the last version of Transformer Prime to date.

2. Next update will address this "blah blah" issue...

When will this "next" update thing end...... where it actually solves something.

NeoMagus

Mar 3, 2010
East Coast
Sorry but I can only laugh at this situation...

1. Prime will continue to sell next to Infinity Pad 700. It won't be discontinued...

Except.... C5.. which came out in April... is the last version of Transformer Prime to date.

2. Next update will address this "blah blah" issue...

When will this "next" update thing end...... where it actually solves something.

Have you gone onto their website lately? Bestbuy.com TF201 is no longer posted for sale, even if you put in the sku. Only the dock is still listed

shinzz

Dec 18, 2011
Have you gone onto their website lately? Bestbuy.com TF201 is no longer posted for sale, even if you put in the sku. Only the dock is still listed[/QUOTE]

That's my argument. Asus probably manufactured extremely low quality of Asus Transformer Prime C5 version... & gave that very small inventory.. little by little to some very select retailers ....& used this tactic to note that "PRIME WON'T DISCONTINUE"...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a 1 year ADH, so I went to BB today to see about exchanging for an Infinity because of GPS problems. They did the exchange but suprisingly they did it under a manufacturer problem and refunded my ADH as a prorate. They ordered my Transformer as an OMS to my home and took off 50.00 because it took over an hour.
    A little Q/A:
    Q: What is the success rate of this working?
    I am figuring around 70% success. (Based on putting names on a list)

Q: Will this work with other stores other than Best Buy?
    A: Nothing has been reported to work yet. People have tried Game Stop, Staples, and Office Depot.
    Note: This is only reported to work at BB in the US.

Q: Will they take my Prime back if it's unlocked/rooted
    Rooted should not be a problem. Unlocked might but no one has reported that they got denied because of being unlocked.

Q: Will this work if I ordered online?
    Yes. Just print out your confirmation page and use it as your receipt. (Read the next part also)

Q: What do I need to exchange for something else?
    1. Prime (duh)
    2. Power cable.
    3. Original box (Only 1 person has been able to do it without the box)
    4. Receipt or order confirmation if you ordered online. (Some people say it has worked that they "got it as a gift")

Q: Any suggestions?
    1. Go straight to customer service. Bypass Geek Squad unless CS tells you to go there.
    2. Just say you are having WiFi/BT/GPS issues.
    3. Make the prime look as stock as possible.
    4. If 1 store doesn't take it, go back after a shift change. Get someone else. If that fails, go to a different store.
    I don't like the tf700t forum, they are all new to the game, still wet behind the ears, stars in their eyes about asus products. Being one of the first adopters of the tf201, i feel like that WWII grandpa that has seen it all, is completely jaded, and drinks a little too much as a result. I feel like i've been through so much with all the other Primers.
    just returned my prime to worst buy and ordered the infinity. It should be at my house by friday. While best buy did the right thing here, it still doesnt take away the fact that they ruined christmas. Pre-ordered the prime 12/4/11 and didnt receive it until 1/10/12 because they didnt have any in stock. MEANWHILE they mysteriously got more in stock on 12/21/11 and let anyone order them and those people got thiers before christmas. Im sure this same scenerio happend to some of you here and im sure some of you here were the 12/21 crowd. Either way it was a mess, i will never purchase anything from them every again. I thought twice about doing this exchange becuase i didnt want to walk into one of their stores. Okay.. end of rant.

Holy Crap, man!!! You got to trade a six-month old device for a brand-new improved model and you're whining about the past? What about those of us that are stuck with the Prime and all its particular issues, but aren't fortunate enough to have a Best Buy receipt to make all that mess go away? Perhaps BB had some stock and delivery issues at the launch, but so did everyone (remember the Amazon cancelled-order fiasco?) and BB is the only retailer that's doing the right thing, right now. Enjoy your fortune instead of dwelling in the past. I would have gladly put up with a month of preorder hassle to be able to swap mine out over the counter right now.

Please repeat with fewer acronyms. Thanks.