rubik

Sep 10, 2006

Attachments

• chargepad.jpeg
    chargepad.jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 790

Enhanced

Sep 18, 2010
I'm afraid everyone wanting to use a case with this charger will be sadly disappointed. Common sense tells me it won't hold to the base with the back covered.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

It all depends on the strength of the magnets which we don't know. I'd say it's less likely, but not to the level where common sense can help us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Greefus

Dec 5, 2009
I just ordered this Qi charger from Panasonic

http://www.japantrendshop.com/panasonic-chargepad-wireless-mobile-charging-device-p-1216.html

In my opinion, it's the coolest qi charger around . It has a moving coil, so you can place it anywhere on the pad (search youtube for Panasonic Chargepad) . I also ordered their wireless mobile charger as an accessory.

Here are some demos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gIQCP7tivQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an7lWob6ZrE

I got that too. As soon as I saw the youtube videos I had to have it. It's actually kind of cheap considering how much it was when it came out a year or so ago. I like the robot function of it and you can just chuck stuff on to it in any direction. If you have multiple QI devices it does one, and then the next. The only thing I don't like is how it stops charging for good once the phone is charged. Ordered the orb just because of that. Someone in the other thread recommended getting one of those cheap intermatic a/c timer's so it turns on like an hour or so before you wake up. I might still prefer that Panasonic mat with the timer if the orb is all clumsy.

andy o

May 6, 2012
I'm starting to think Qi is too smart for its own good. The phone should be able to apply a trickle when it's full, not the charger, just like regular USB chargers and even the Touchstone. The Touchstone just outputs 5v and doesn't care if there's a phone at the other end. Also other Qi chargers having trouble with certain phones probably wouldn't be an issue.

everett_psycho

Jul 3, 2012
London
It all depends on the strength of the magnets which we don't know. I'd say it's less likely, but not to the level where common sense can help us.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

I'm starting to think the magnets won't be strong enough, this might explain why Google are suddenly selling bumpers for the phone instead of cases, I'm holding off on the orb, I've git my maxell pad that works good enough for me, if the pads or orb fall in price I'll consider a second but I'm happy with the one

ryan stewart

Jan 4, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Suddenly? I think Google only sold a bumper, ever. And my logic would be that they don't want to cover up the pretty back. I doubt they designed everything around some magnets in a charger.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Google really needs to find a way to provide free shipping, I was more than willing to pay for it on my Nexus 7, not thrilled with a $350 phone costing $390 after it was said and done, but now with the accessories, it seriously makes them less attractive. I understand they aren't a retail company and thus don't ship enough stuff to get a discount from ups or FedEx but still their are ways, like partnering with another retail company, or having a free shipping option that takes say a week instead of 2 days. Also almost any nexus product you gotta wait a while for it to ship anyway so I feel like I'm getting ripped on 2 day shipping. Sorry but in my book 2 day shipping mean I get my product 2 days after I ordered it.

Go buy another $350 unlocked phone then, I bet everyone else gives free shipping on all of the other $350 unlocked phones on the market.

munkybeatz

Mar 27, 2011
Dallas
I'm really surprised that the Orb hasn't sold out yet. It seems that I'm always late on the ball when it comes to devices being available on the play store. I only found out that it was being sold this morning and I managed to snag one, Woot! The receipt says "shipping within a week". I've been waiting for this orb to be available. I like how it looks, hopefully it performs beautifully as well. I was very close to purchasing two of these, just because I want one at home and work. However; I just know that with my luck if I grabbed two then there would be some defect with this initial shipment. So, I'm helping everyone out by only getting one, and probably not being able to get a second one due to sell out. This really is how my luck works out. It'll be an awesome device if I only get this one. :silly:

Reactions: nexicon

Techno79

Jun 23, 2008
Sorry but in my book 2 day shipping mean I get my product 2 days after I ordered it.

May be this is just in the US, but in UK when I placed my order for the N4, it was only about 43 hours from point of ordering to receiving the N4 in my hands which I thought was amazing. The website listed it with a 1 to 2 week dispatch delay so I was genuinely impressed. Having said that, I did purchase the N4 in the 3rd wave of stock. The delivery was a complete shambles for the phones in the 1st wave. I think the 2nd wave was a lot better than it should have been (because people from the 2nd wave were receiving phones before those who were still waiting in the 1st wave and thus those people from the 2nd wave should have been waiting longer). But the 3rd wave in the UK has been really sorted. The phone is still showing in stock and delivery times seem to be quite quick despite the websites 1 to 2 week dispatch indication.

benlc

Oct 8, 2009
Woop mine has just been shipped. I guess it'll get here by friday (us west coast)

DaX05

Jan 13, 2011
New York
Yes... They're all shipping meaning its shipped 2nd day and tomorrow we'll be receiving it. :D

Beamed via Nexus 4

Chughes13x

Feb 3, 2012
I received notifications from Google Play and UPS My Choice that it should be here tomorrow between 12 & 4!

grubbster

Dec 31, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Y'all may want to check a little closer. According to my UPS tracking it is processed and "ready for pick up". It does give a delivery date of the 15th. This looks like the same crap they pulled when the phones were shipped. They print labels and we get tracking but they don't actually get into UPS hands for a few days. They seem to batch orders. My guess is that when UPS gets these packages they delivery times will be updated. I don't think anyone is going to see these until next week.

M0D3RNAFR0

Nov 13, 2012
Y'all may want to check a little closer. According to my UPS tracking it is processed and "ready for pick up". It does give a delivery date of the 15th. This looks like the same crap they pulled when the phones were shipped. They print labels and we get tracking but they don't actually get into UPS hands for a few days. They seem to batch orders. My guess is that when UPS gets these packages they delivery times will be updated. I don't think anyone is going to see these until next week.

I didn't have this issue. The last time it took a few days to receive the tracking number, then about 12-24hrs for UPS to scan the numbers into their system that it arrived at their warehouse. that's normal procedure.

grubbster

Dec 31, 2011
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I didn't have this issue. The last time it took a few days to receive the tracking number, then about 12-24hrs for UPS to scan the numbers into their system that it arrived at their warehouse. that's normal procedure.
That's the thing, when it arrives for UPS to scan. It has been over 24 hours since I had a tracking number and UPS still does not have the package. I think the google facility holds the packages and gives them to UPS in a bundle. Probably saves them money.
Anyway, I am not concerned about when it gets to me. I am in no hurry. Just don't want people to have unreal expectations of when these are going to arrive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys not sure if anyone has said this yet but you can charge the phone with the orb when it's off without doing any weird trickery. Turn the phone off. Put it on the Orb. Hold down the power button like you're trying to turn it on and the battery icon should pop up instead of the phone booting up.
    List of Qi Charger

The following is list of charger that conform to Qi charging standard (that I know of):

- (Hitachi) Maxell AirVoltage WP-PD10 (rebranded as Energizer Dual Inductive Charger)
    - (Hitachi) Maxell AirVoltage WP-PD10S (rebranded as Energizer Single Inductive Charger)
    - (Hitachi) Maxell AirVoltage WP-QIST10
    - Panasonic Chargepad (QE-TM101)
    - LG WCP-700 Qi Charger
    - Zens Wireless Single Charger
    - Zens Wireless Dual Charger
    - Nokia FatBoy Pillow
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Qi12, a.k.a Nokia charging plate (for Lumia 920 and 820)
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Q9 Single Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Q100 Single Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Q200 Dual Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Q300 Dual Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Qi300 Single Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Qi400 Dual Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Qi500 Dual Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Qi600 Single Charger
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Solar Wireless Charger (dual charger)
    - upcoming Nexus 4 Charging Orb

Qi Charger with additional function
    - JBL PowerUp Speaker (speaker with NFC Auto Pairing function)
    - upcoming TDK Wireless Charging Cube (speaker with NFC Auto Pairing function)
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Wireless Charger with Bluetooth speaker
    - Citiwave (Yijieneng) Wireless Charging Table

Other Wireless Charging Standard:
    - Duracell Powermat (and the original Powermat) is using different wireless charging standard and NOT compatible with Qi standard.
    - Palm Touchstone charger also NOT compatible with either Qi or Powermat standard.

Hope it helps...
    just a quick unboxing...

F6YhSMLD

3MhqP7iO

iNuBC9Au

without a case and just a screen protector on the back, the dock has to be "pried" off because it sticks so well. no motion or movement at all. i can lift the phone up, and the dock still sticks. i feel a very small amount of magnetism, but it is held on primarily because of the "gel" like rings. no info on the rate of charge, as my phone was fully charged when i received the orb.
    As someone else has posted already, I also put a touchstone coil in my Galaxy Nexus as well as replacing the iron discs with some tiny rare earth magnets (neodymium) and I too feel compelled to spread the gospel that if you haven't had the privilege of using integrated ( not those adapters) inductive charging then you need to before deciding it's useless. I don't think I could go back to anything without it now. And no, the magnets/coil don't affect the compass/NFC capabilities.

Let me paint this picture for you: alarm goes off in the morning I sleepily reach over and rip my SGN off the rock steady touchstone and quiet that sucker down.. no unplugging a cable and letting it dangle behind the headboard where it'll be a PITA to retrieve later. Without looking I bring the phone reasonably close to the touchstone and the magnets do the rest, lining it up and locking it down. After I'm dressed, once again, just rip it right off the touchstone straight to my pocket and out the door. Get into my car, well what do you know?! I've got a touchstone mounted right next to the radio, just stick it right there, vertical or horizontal, and it's charging, playing music, and can be swiped up in the blink of an eye if I want... again, never thinking twice about plugging/unplugging. This continues at my desk of course. And then again at night where it sits there, almost levitating with the night mode alarm clock.

It's one of those conveniences that once you get used to, the "old" way just seems like a big hassle. The best analogy I can think of is the cars that have the keys that you can leave in your pocket all while locking/ unlocking/ starting/stopping. Once you get used to life where you just grab your grocery bags and go the idea of putting things down so you can fish in your pockets for your keys or hold them in your mouth is just so quaint. That's another thing I just never want to go back to, classic car keys (I'm including remote entry in that category too)
    Well there is a "sorta" video of it on Maxwells site (it isn't really a video video as more a flash movie of it) :-

http://www.maxellair.eu/air-voltage-home/

At the end of the day for me what matters is that it works. Higgsy did a great job of answering any questions I have so I don't need to see a vid. I would ideally love to buy the Google Orb I like the idea of the phone being slanted but that isn't an option. The only option open to me in the UK is the Maxwell Air Voltage so I am going with it now I know it works.

Heres a video, anyways only a quick one - there not much else to see lol. :good: