[Q] What was your mobile life when Smartphone was a fantasy?

Search This thread

TheGeeZus

Jan 21, 2014
Carolina
geekzus.net
Smartphone are just about to get 8 years old to when they began to be affordable and many of use have used only basic of feature phones.

My story before the signature list included: Samsung SPH-A680, Sanyo SPC-2400, Kyocera KX5, Motorola Razr V3m, T-Mobile Tap.

Last edited:

xemnas18

Jan 24, 2014
My very first phone was the samsung blade, also a flip phone. I remember all of my friends had the motorola razr lol good times. It's amazing how in the past the razr was considered to be THE best phone that everyone wanted...and now its completely obsolete in the face of todays smartphones.

bennlucky7

Oct 30, 2013
Jakarta
I was using blackberry at the first of smartphone era, it really popular smartphone in my country because the blackberry messenger lol, and i think many people still using it until now.

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

PassingThruLife

Jun 6, 2012
I had the first motorola razr back in like 2005-2006 and i thought i was super cool. sending picture messages and texts lol. i used that phone up until i think 2008 when i got a BB curve 8900 and its been smartphones since.

when i was a kid i remember my dad had one of those bulky motorola phones in the late 90s and i remember being amazed at making calls from anywhere. back then,calling someone was reserved for extreme cases lol. if we wanted to talk to a friend we rode our bike to his house.

and damn sure,we didnt wanna talk to the teacher after school lol. now kids text and chat with their teachers... growing up,if a teacher called the house it was to talk to the parents to tell them you did something bad... scary times.

uchihakurtz

Jan 5, 2013
Depok
Samsung Galaxy S21
Had a Siemens mono chrome phone as my first phone then Nokia 3310. It was amazing following technology at that time. First coloured screen phone, first phone with camera, first phone that supports mp3 files, and 2 mpx camera were the best in Nokia N9 and Sony Ericsson K900. Nokia was the most wanted device, and their Symbian series was mind boggling. I also remembered when 3G first came in Nokia 6630. And look at them now. :(

Sent from my blazing fast Nexus 4

TheGeeZus

Jan 21, 2014
Carolina
geekzus.net
Had a Siemens mono chrome phone as my first phone then Nokia 3310. It was amazing following technology at that time. First coloured screen phone, first phone with camera, first phone that supports mp3 files, and 2 mpx camera were the best in Nokia N9 and Sony Ericsson K900. Nokia was the most wanted device, and their Symbian series was mind boggling. I also remembered when 3G first came in Nokia 6630. And look at them now. :(

Sent from my blazing fast Nexus 4

I agree with the feeling, Smartphone as we know them now are just 5 years old and a lot had being jumped.