How to remove Huawei stock apps - a very short guide

Search This thread

typci

Apr 26, 2011
Xian, China (陕西,西安)
My U8800 has a ton of junk that I don't want.

They are located in these places:
/system/app/
/cust/unicom/cn/app/

Use root explorer, find the ones you don't want, rename them to "name.apk.bak" and your done.

Be careful in the system/app/ folder, it has important system files.

Also, I found this on hiapk:

我知~~~root了后,联通的垃圾软件在 /cust/unicom/cn/app 里面~~~~好似有2个app不能删~~~
ChinaUnicomCustomize.apk和GPMS.apk不能删.....今日早上就是把ChinaUnicom的那个删了....然后不停重启....
囧.....

If I understand it correctly, deleting the ChinaUnicomCustomize.apk and GPMS.apk, will cause problems. If someone can translate better, that would be great. BaiduSearch.apk also should not be deleted. It caused problems for me.

/cust/unicom/cn/app/ can also be accessed via download mode

Any questions, just ask. If you know of other places that have bloatware, let me know.

I suggest you uninstall a few, backup, uninstall, backup...repeat.

You never know what may be important!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: pathaniya

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau

/system/app/
/cust/unicom/cn/app/

Use root explorer, find the ones you don't want, rename them to "name.apk.bak" and your done.

囧.....

If I understand it correctly, deleting the ChinaUnicomCustomize.apk and GPMS.apk, will cause problems. If someone can translate better, that would be great. BaiduSearch.apk also should not be deleted. It caused problems for me.

Any questions, just ask. If you know of other places that have bloatware, let me know.

You translate it correctly, but I recommend you get a overseas ROM (like B136), it is much cleaner.

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau
I believe you understand Chinese (but not 100% with the Cantonese above). I'm not in mainland China so I never tried Unicom ROM's. And the best China Unicom ROM around seems to be B160. You'd better take a look at those Chinese forums. They're playing with B137 these days.

typci

Apr 26, 2011
Xian, China (陕西,西安)
Yeah, I've been looking at the Chinese forums. Unfortunately, most of the roms don't have google apps installed, which makes them worthless to me. Also, for some reason I could get Plants Vs Zombies to work on some of them.
The best I have found so far is the B136, with all stock apps removed, repartitioned, swap file, rooted and overclocked. It runs perfectly, and handles large games (like Plants Vs Zombies) perfectly.

I do plan to try the B137 and MyCatELB160V3, which if I read correctly has a patch to install goggle apps.

I did figure this out. Before you install a rom, delete all the apps in /cust/unicom/cn/app. Then you will have none of the stock apps. If you do it after the install, it may cause problems.

simplistian

Feb 19, 2009
Macau
Good to know that. I never installed any cust apps for China Unicom. Actually I'm using Genokolar's B137 V7 ROM with google apps installed with his instructions. Also with his data repartition patch. It works great. That V7 ROM contains phone, contact and messaging apps from China Unicom, which I replaced with the official B137 apps.

achozenone

Jan 31, 2012
HELP ME

i have 2.3.5 (B512) u8800+

i cant delete apps from and i cant mount as r/w

/cust/unicom/cn/app/
/data/cust/app/

i want to delete swype.apk so i can install beta

swype.apk is in /cust/unicom/cn/app/ , /data/cust/app/ but not in /system/app/

can anyone help me ?

phoeagon

Jun 15, 2011
You translate it correctly, but I recommend you get a overseas ROM (like B136), it is much cleaner.

although I'm on a different device, deleting either BaiduSearch.apk or ChinaUnicomCustomize.apk causes no problems at all. and I can flash a google service framework from the ones for CyanogenMod. It works fine, except for a few native Chinese apps ( such as Sogou Input Method, unfortunately )

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

/system/app/
    /cust/unicom/cn/app/

囧.....