[ROM] Android Open Kang Project - maguro - JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

saniauskis

Jun 21, 2011
Kaunas
I haven't noticed any problems with GPS. Works fine here.

Also battery life is very good for me. Got about 4hours screen on time and 20hours total time with brightness on auto:

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010
OK, I just spent 2 hours trying to get my GPS working, and nothing.

I backed up my m4, then restored my b27 backup (my GPS previously worked on b27). And now it no longer works on my b27 backup! I wiped everything and flashed m4 fresh. GPS still didn't work. I wiped everything again and flashed b27 fresh. Still nothing. Now I'm back to my m4 backup and am left with a completely broken GPS. So, AOKP effectively nuked my GPS. This is what GPS status shows after being open under open sky for 5 min... (and I did reset and re download agps data)

How do I fix my GPS???

208db1c0-7de5-e3cb.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

danielvc

Feb 26, 2011
Utrecht
OK, I just spent 2 hours trying to get my GPS working, and nothing.

I backed up my m4, then restored my b27 backup (my GPS previously worked on b27). And now it no longer works on my b27 backup! I wiped everything and flashed m4 fresh. GPS still didn't work. I wiped everything again and flashed b27 fresh. Still nothing. Now I'm back to my m4 backup and am left with a completely broken GPS. So, AOKP effectively nuked my GPS. This is what GPS status shows after being open under open sky for 5 min... (and I did reset and re download agps data)

How do I fix my GPS???

208db1c0-7de5-e3cb.jpg

download GPS fix from market/xda, see if that works.

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010
One stupid question. Location services is ON in settings?

Yes, of course (first thing I checked) GPS status will not run without locations services and GPS enabled. I even cycled the GPS option with a reboot in between.

After 15 min on the roof of a building in the middle of NYC:
20a637d1-8651-e6b4.jpg

djfoo000

Jan 26, 2010
Yes, of course (first thing I checked) GPS status will not run without locations services and GPS enabled. I even cycled the GPS option with a reboot in between.

After 15 min on the roof of a building in the middle of NYC:

This might call for an EFS wipe. Tried the Superwipe zip file in the ARHD thread? Not sure if it includes an EFS wipe, but that's how the Desire Z folks solved the GPS issues with CM7 last time. It will wipe everything except internal SD. I last did it with b27, now on M4 and no problems so far.

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010
This might call for an EFS wipe. Tried the Superwipe zip file in the ARHD thread? Not sure if it includes an EFS wipe, but that's how the Desire Z folks solved the GPS issues with CM7 last time. It will wipe everything except internal SD. I last did it with b27, now on M4 and no problems so far.

No I haven't, but that is a great idea! I'll try that for sure. I can still restore my nandroid backup if I do that, correct? (Or should I flash m4 fresh and then restore nandroid?)
I'm assuming that something needs to be wiped which cwm isn't touching...

Btw: what is the EFS? :)

deeren

Nov 30, 2008
Vaud

very bad idea to mention this option!!!:mad:

quietriot84

Nov 22, 2009
Phoenix
I seem to have a similar issue and I posted about it previously. My signal dropped sometimes as you described.

Also it fails to come back on quickly or at all when I come out of an underground area such as a parking garage or the subway, where is there maybe no signal. I usually have to reboot to fix this. Also when I turn on wifi it seems to take a while to connect to Google.

Tried the newer UGL4 radio but no better.

The only way I have been able to solve this issue is by raising the minimum clock to 700mhz. I am guessing there is some power issue going on.

Does anyone know how much battery life will be affected by this?

deeren

Nov 30, 2008
Vaud
Wiping the efs partition is very bad idea. EFS contain all the important infos of ur hardware...imei, mac add...and bear in mind that even a nandroid backup does not save this info.
I said it was a bad idea to even propose the idea to wipe the efs partition cause i am certain that not everybody has an efs backup done.

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010
Wiping the efs partition is very bad idea. EFS contain all the important infos of ur hardware...imei, mac add...and bear in mind that even a nandroid backup does not save this info.
I said it was a bad idea to even propose the idea to wipe the efs partition cause i am certain that not everybody has an efs backup done.

OK, well that convinces me not to try it... what should I do?

drdino

Nov 18, 2007
London
I am getting an fc for rom control upon boot with milestone 4, both with a fresh installation and an upgrade from build 27. Also, rom control fc's when I try to change the settings for weather. On a sidenote, the search bar disappeared as well. Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited:

deeren

Nov 30, 2008
Vaud
1) mount your phone and copy tour clockwork folder to your PC
2) enter fast boot and OEM lock and OEM unlock
3) boot up the phone, mount it and copy back the saved clockwork mod folder to your phone.
4) restore what u need and check if everything works.

bemymonkey

Aug 12, 2007
3) boot up the phone, mount it and copy back the saved clockwork mod folder to your phone.

What exactly does the lock + unlock do?

NPuter

Oct 28, 2010

Do I need flash to complete stock before OEM lock, or can I just do it rooted and all?
I may just wait for the next build. Build 25 broke my GPS (in the same exact way) and the upgrade to 27 fixed it...

Btw: I'm using CWM touch if that makes a difference...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    aokptitleblue-1.png
    changelog-2.png

Newest change logs are available at the AOKP site
    installation-1.png
    1. Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    2. MAKE A NANDROID
    3. wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    4. flash ROM
    5. flash Gapps
    6. reboot
    downloads-4.png

Find the latest releases here

Whitehawkx builds Unofficial AOKP

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to me
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Jonathan Grigg
    Donate to Zaphod-Beeble
    Donate to ProTekk

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.
    Roman! AOKP sucks at the moment! Please do something innovative!

Bad dev....

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk 2

Bad user
    Seriously though

If AOKP sucks, don't let the door hit you on the way out :D
    you could clearly see it was downloaded 3000+ times.

People are sickening. Always thinking they are better than you and always have worthless **** to say to make them selves feel superior or better than you. How much does it really bother you people? Always wasting my time reading your smart ass remarks did you really have to waste posts to correct this person? His post helped me to know there was a new build without having to scroll back pages but posts like yours are what gets me. So much juvenile drama makes me wonder how old most are. How bad would it have hurt you to just ignore his post without adding to it with more senseless posts? Give it a rest you will be ok. Don't worry I bet he won't dare do it again.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
    AOKP JB first nightly: http://mirror.xfer.in/maguro/aokp_maguro_jb-0729.zip source: aokp_rom twitter
    GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-signed.zip source: goo.im/gapps
    GAPPS PICASA WORKING: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/gapps-jb-20120726-eos-signed.zip source: http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/gapps/

Features so far:
    ROM Control -> General UI -> Misc -> Enable Volume Panel
    ROM Control -> General UI -> Misc -> Show notification count
    ROM Control -> LED options -> LED On/Off
    ROM Control -> Clock -> Clock style
    ROM Control -> Clock -> AM/PM style
    ROM Control -> Clock -> Day of the week
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Enable Toggles
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Toggle order
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Toggle Layout
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Advanced settings -> Toggle style
    ROM Control -> Toggles -> Advanced settings -> Reset toggles
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery icon style
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery icon in notification
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options ->
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar location
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar style
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Charging animation
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar color
    ROM Control -> Battery -> Battery bar options -> Battery bar thickness
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Menu location
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Menu visibility
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Navigation quantity
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Navigation bar buttons
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar height
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar height landscape
    ROM Control -> Navigation bar -> Advanced settings -> Navigation bar width
    Themes -> Theme Chooser

..this should avoid a lot of repeating questions :)

Bugs I have:
    Gallery wont sync (TeamEos gApps fix this)
    Navigation bar longpress action Menu wont work in launcher (wont go to settings)

It's impressive to see how many features they already have included - considering they started from scratch! and I must say the butter really makes the 4.1 smooth!
    It can't be long before all their features is included!