[App][2.1+] Shady Contacts - keep your call logs & SMS away from prying eyes

Search This thread

safet.me

Jan 18, 2013
Shady Contacts is designed to keep your sensitive call logs and text message away from prying eyes.

Features
☆ Hide SMS and call logs away from stock apps
☆ Unlock code protection (PIN or pattern)
☆ Option to hide app from launcher (by default, dial ***123456### to open)
☆ Auto-lock (don't use app for awhile), auto-destroy (after wrong code some times), quick lock
☆ Restore call logs/text message from/to stock apps
☆ 100% Holo theme

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DroidMate

Download

XDA APK file: View attachment ShadyContacts.apk
Google Play: Shady Contacts

Screenshots
542715_555575101142807_1922502558_n.png

382360_555575111142806_301753851_n.png

299699_555575121142805_1966195207_n.png

62389_555575127809471_111458701_n.png

User Guide
Add contact to Shady
  • Swipe to contact tab
  • Touch on "Add" button
  • Select a number or type a custom number
  • Customize notification. Please notice that Shady Contacts tries to clear stock notification and shows its own notification with customized message. So that no one know the sender if he/she takes your phone
  • Once a contact is added to Shady, all call logs and messages will be no longer in stock apps and automatically move to Shady Contact.

Make a call
You can make a call from stock Dialer or in Shady Contact. To start a call from Shady Contact, touch on a call log (Call Log tab) or a contact (Contact tab)

Receive a call
You can accept an incoming call as usual. When the call is end, the call log will be moved to Shady Contact automatically.

Send a text message
  • Touch on a message thread (Message tab) or a contact (Contact tab) to open conversation thread screen
  • Type a message
  • Touch on "Send" button

Manage Shady's call logs/message
  • Touch on button
  • Select call logs/messages
  • To restore (to stock apps), touch on button
  • To delete, touch on button

Other
  • Quick lock, touch on button
  • Enable/disable Shady Contact: Settings/Enable Shady Contacts
  • Enable/disable notification: Settings/Show notification
  • Change unlock type: Setting/Unlock type to select PIN or pattern method
  • Auto destroy: Setting/auto destroy to wipe data after a number of wrong unlock code
  • Hide app icon: Setting/Show app icon to remove app's icon from launcher. To open, dial a number (default is ***123456###)

Last edited:

chrisschlagal

Mar 5, 2013
Download jig

i dont know why but i cant sent messages, but my issue is that i need to use your DOWNLOAD Jig to force into download its bricked

i live in richardson by utd

ccelis

Dec 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
Want to report a few bugs:

1. After using it for a while, app appears on the recent apps list.
2. App can be accessed from play store.
3. Most of the time the notification check box in settings doesn't stick.

That's it so far. Great job on the app!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Ba7rani123

Apr 14, 2012
I was waiting for a trusted app like this :D and it seems very smooth and stable.... Thanks Alot :D

its has all the features I wanted, especially restore to stock apps :D

I wish if you could add backup to file or export to file :) like an html file with same layout as the app and custom notifications. Also, What phone are you using :eek: I like your statusbar icons ;)

Thanks Again :D

Last edited:
Reactions: safet.me

gie62001

Jan 21, 2011
London
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Hi to all,

Maybe I misunderstand the purpose of this app or its not working as intended.
I just tried calling from one of my phones to my nexus 4 and ive entered that number that I'm calling from to the list of contacts so that it wouldn't show. However:
1. The app actually allows the incoming call to be displayed. Maybe that's intended but I was thinking it would just give you information of whatever you configured it to say. Let's say I configured it to say "app update" but instead of that I'm getting normal phonecall and number is displayed.
2. The number is actually visible in notification menu and plus it shows additional icon of "app update". However when you press on the number on the notification menu it will take you to the app.
3. Yes the call doesn't show in call log.

Apart from that UI is very well done. But I'm not sure if its intended behaviour or I'm missing something. Let's say I didn't want someone to see who's calling me and instead her a notification of whatever I assigned to it. Not sure if I expressed myself clear but it's early version so maybe more features will come.
Thanks to dev

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

safet.me

Jan 18, 2013
Hi to all,

I just tried calling from one of my phones to my nexus 4 and ive entered that number that I'm calling from to the list of contacts so that it wouldn't show. However:
1. The app actually allows the incoming call to be displayed. Maybe that's intended but I was thinking it would just give you information of whatever you configured it to say. Let's say I configured it to say "app update" but instead of that I'm getting normal phonecall and number is displayed.

For an incoming call, you will see caller's number, name (if it's in your phone book), picture (if it's in your phone book).
If you don't want to show name/picture, just remove it out from your phone book
If you want to show "app update", please rename that contact in your phone book to "app update".

Sorry that Shady Contacts does not modify your phone book in that way

2. The number is actually visible in notification menu and plus it shows additional icon of "app update". However when you press on the number on the notification menu it will take you to the app.

The app should have another option to either do nothing or open Shady Contacts or open whatever app. I added this in my new feature request list

Thank you.

Reactions: gie62001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Shady Contacts is designed to keep your sensitive call logs and text message away from prying eyes.

Features
    ☆ Hide SMS and call logs away from stock apps
    ☆ Unlock code protection (PIN or pattern)
    ☆ Option to hide app from launcher (by default, dial ***123456### to open)
    ☆ Auto-lock (don't use app for awhile), auto-destroy (after wrong code some times), quick lock
    ☆ Restore call logs/text message from/to stock apps
    ☆ 100% Holo theme

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DroidMate

Download

XDA APK file: View attachment ShadyContacts.apk
    Google Play: Shady Contacts

Screenshots
    542715_555575101142807_1922502558_n.png

382360_555575111142806_301753851_n.png

299699_555575121142805_1966195207_n.png

62389_555575127809471_111458701_n.png

User Guide
    Add contact to Shady
    • Swipe to contact tab
    • Touch on "Add" button
    • Select a number or type a custom number
    • Customize notification. Please notice that Shady Contacts tries to clear stock notification and shows its own notification with customized message. So that no one know the sender if he/she takes your phone
    • Once a contact is added to Shady, all call logs and messages will be no longer in stock apps and automatically move to Shady Contact.

Make a call
    You can make a call from stock Dialer or in Shady Contact. To start a call from Shady Contact, touch on a call log (Call Log tab) or a contact (Contact tab)

Receive a call
    You can accept an incoming call as usual. When the call is end, the call log will be moved to Shady Contact automatically.

Send a text message
    • Touch on a message thread (Message tab) or a contact (Contact tab) to open conversation thread screen
    • Type a message
    • Touch on "Send" button

Manage Shady's call logs/message
    • Touch on button
    • Select call logs/messages
    • To restore (to stock apps), touch on button
    • To delete, touch on button

Other
    • Quick lock, touch on button
    • Enable/disable Shady Contact: Settings/Enable Shady Contacts
    • Enable/disable notification: Settings/Show notification
    • Change unlock type: Setting/Unlock type to select PIN or pattern method
    • Auto destroy: Setting/auto destroy to wipe data after a number of wrong unlock code
    • Hide app icon: Setting/Show app icon to remove app's icon from launcher. To open, dial a number (default is ***123456###)
    Want to report a few bugs:

1. After using it for a while, app appears on the recent apps list.
    2. App can be accessed from play store.
    3. Most of the time the notification check box in settings doesn't stick.

That's it so far. Great job on the app!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app
    I was waiting for a trusted app like this :D and it seems very smooth and stable.... Thanks Alot :D

its has all the features I wanted, especially restore to stock apps :D

I wish if you could add backup to file or export to file :) like an html file with same layout as the app and custom notifications. Also, What phone are you using :eek: I like your statusbar icons ;)

Thanks Again :D
    Hi to all,

For an incoming call, you will see caller's number, name (if it's in your phone book), picture (if it's in your phone book).
    If you want to show "app update", please rename that contact in your phone book to "app update".

The app should have another option to either do nothing or open Shady Contacts or open whatever app. I added this in my new feature request list

Thank you.

Thank you.

But this would accually be a great feature - to spoof caller ID ... think about it maybe :)