Advice on upgrading XDA2

Search This thread

destructa

Feb 8, 2006
I would like to now the following:

What is the max SD Card capacity that a XDA2 can use

Is there a SD Wifi Card that also has memory (as I'd like to be wireless, and still have the SD Card memory - as I install apps to the SD Card)

What is the XDA backpack and is it still available (a friend suggested i would need this to have SD Card Memory and Wireless - although he could tell me much more than that).

Also is it possible to replace the backup battery as everythime i swap batteries (have 2 batteries I use when out/away) I have re-enter clock/calendar data.

My XDA2 is running WM6.1

Thanks

Rudegar

Retired Moderator
Jul 16, 2003
DK
unless the later 6.5roms change that the largests is 2gb non hcsd cards

unless later roms change that non of the wifi cards with storage works at all

unless later roms change that the last rom that worked with the backpack was 2003

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
No, Rudegar, you are wrong: the max. SD-capacity is 4 GB (non HC) SD cards, as I prooved with all working roms I tested, yet. (WM2k3 up to WM6.5 and I tried a lot of them!!)
Backpack is still available and some of its functions are working!
The vga-feature is working fine, after installing the driver.
Most ROM use additional battery in the backpack, but not all. You have to test yourself.
The only thing that won't work in roms, other then WM2k3(SE), is the compact flash slot, as there are no working drivers for WM5 and WM6.X (yet)!!!
The backup battery is changeable, you can use the one for the BA as they are the same. Use the search button above, you will find some links on this issue.

Last edited:

Clondyke

Apr 22, 2008
Yep, I have a 4GB non-SDHC card in use with my MDAII...works without problems.

khawar4m

Apr 9, 2010
How to upgrade windows of O2 XDA 2

I have O2 Xda 2 which have windows 2003 CE on it but i want to upgrade its windows . but i don't know how to start which ROM i needed. please help me