[APP][2.2+] Smart Taskabr 2 - most convenient one hand optimized quick access launche

Search This thread

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
[Smart Taskbar V2]
Smart Taskbar is designed to make you use your phone one handed easily. All new V2 is even more one hand optimized. Launch any application instantly without leaving your current window. Swipe your finger or click the trigger icon anytime in any App to bring up Smart Taskbar panel for super fast app launching also works as app organizer, folder organizer, multi tasker, task killer, and shortcut manager. The App is carefully designed and implemented to make sure you can comfortable do most things with just one hand. If you are one hand operation freak and is always looking for something to use your phone easier with one hand, then Smart Taskbar 2 is the right thing for you. Although it is capable, but I still don't suggest you use my App in driving. :silly:

How is everyone saying about V1:
Showcased in XDA front page in 2010
Showcased in addictivetips front page in 2010
Showcased in howtogeek in 2011
Reviewed by lifehacker in 2012

[Some Background]
About three years ago, I introduced an app called Smart Taskbar which used a never been used technique called system overlay window to demonstrate the potential benefit of using top level window in Android Apps to create something that is always on top and always available first time. So thats why you see many many devs that use similar technique to make their Apps such as swipe pad, swapps, sidebar...etc. Many of you may not know its me who brought you the first app in this class in Android Market by the time because app Smart Taskbar V1 is not as famous as other similar apps. Probably due to lack of details or it is simply too engineering style.

During my development of V1 in 2010, I asked many friends around me to see how's their reaction with an always available, always displayed, tiny trigger button design thats is displayed all the time on screen to access a small launcher style window when pressed. All of them told me its obstructive and bad of user experience. 3 years has passed. Even Apple adopt the idea in their iOS5 called accessitive touch. I don't know did Apple engineers know about my App. But I am quite happy that my concept is accepted by Apple.

If you are interested to know more about my V1, you can refer to this XDA thread for more details:
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/smart-taskbar-launch-any-app-in-2-steps/

So I decided to create a V2 to improve problems that I have in V1. I started the requirement and feature development as early as the beginning of 2012 and started real coding job in Jun 2012. Finally after about 6 months of hard coding, I released my first beta on PlayStore in March, 2013. After two more months of beta and debugging, I think its ready to announce the App to everyone on XDA today.

[Features]
☆One click in any window to access Smart Taskbar main panel without leaving your current window
☆10 speedy quick launch spots for 1 click App/Custom action launching
☆Organize Apps/Actions in groups
☆Organize Apps/Actions in folder
☆Task Switcher
☆Add unlimited number of widget to use (No more desktop space limit)
☆Gesture driven
Build custom action (aka shortcut) to do more
☆Do basic App management such as force stop or uninstall directly on screen
☆Sortable App list by filter of frequency, alpha numerical, or installation time

[New In V2]
☆Brand new one hand friendly design
☆All graphics now in HD quality
☆Runs different UI on Pad and Phone
☆Gesture driven
☆New folder design for you to create multi dimensional gropus
☆5 more quick launch spots
☆Sortable list
☆Free dragable trigger icon

[Download]
(1) From Playstore [Link]
(2) Or from attachment provided in this thread

[Video]

Attachments

• s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,980
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,545
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,330
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 3,056
  • s6.jpg
    s6.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 2,980
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 2,898
  • s8.jpg
    s8.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 2,827
  • SmartTaskbar2-8.apk
    6.9 MB · Views: 1,169
  • 1_small.jpg
    1_small.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 2,690
Last edited:

fanfan-liu

Aug 27, 2010
Thanks for keeping update it

I have known this app for years. Not only the app itselft, but also the developer's attitude that keeping update new version periodly make a differnce with other apps.
Very appreciated!
:good::good::good::good::good:

retinadisplay

Apr 18, 2013
This is truly great. You forgot to mention the ability to show statusbar when ST is expanded in full screen app. Bravo!

ivanisevic82

Jun 19, 2013
Hello!
Is possible to make this status bar starting only when I open google chorme?
And is possible to insert in the bar the typical button of a browser? (back, forward, favourite, setting, etc...).
Thank you!

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Hello!
Is possible to make this status bar starting only when I open google chorme?
And is possible to insert in the bar the typical button of a browser? (back, forward, favourite, setting, etc...).
Thank you!

I don't quite get you because isn't Chrome non full screen app?

For button control, it would require root for key simulation and I don't want to make ST to be a root App. So I'd suggest you try my key simulation App, Button Savior.

ivanisevic82

Jun 19, 2013
I don't quite get you because isn't Chrome non full screen app?

For button control, it would require root for key simulation and I don't want to make ST to be a root App. So I'd suggest you try my key simulation App, Button Savior.

Thank you jerry!
I need it becouse I have a Meizu MX2, tha has a own smartbar. But for many reason I had to use a customized rom that hide this smartbar, so I have chrome fullscreen without a bar (other browser has it, for example firefox, opera or safari in ios).

So, I tried you button savior, but is have to two problem for me, maybe you can help me to resolve:

1) I'd like it start when I open chrome and close when I close it. Maybe is possible to do this with tasker, is right?

2) When button savior start, I'd like to have it maximized (like a normal bar) I don't want to click on the arrow to make it apper.

Is possible to do all this?

Thanks for your support!

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Thank you jerry!
I need it becouse I have a Meizu MX2, tha has a own smartbar. But for many reason I had to use a customized rom that hide this smartbar, so I have chrome fullscreen without a bar (other browser has it, for example firefox, opera or safari in ios).

So, I tried you button savior, but is have to two problem for me, maybe you can help me to resolve:

1) I'd like it start when I open chrome and close when I close it. Maybe is possible to do this with tasker, is right?

2) When button savior start, I'd like to have it maximized (like a normal bar) I don't want to click on the arrow to make it apper.

Is possible to do all this?

Thanks for your support!

Hi,
Sounds like a great idea to add. I will add them. Thx for suggestion.

greatdaneduke

Apr 18, 2012
Just loaded this. Love it. It clears up my screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372728554467.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372728554467.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,382

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
anyone has suggestion for me to improve the App? I remember when I announced V1, I got lots of suggestion in my XDA thread. This time, it is quite. It would be great if it is the result of my careful feature planning. :D:laugh::laugh:

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
anyone has suggestion for me to improve the App? I remember when I announced V1, I got lots of suggestion in my XDA thread. This time, it is quite. It would be great if it is the result of my careful feature planning. :D:laugh::laugh:
I bought V2 as soon as I saw it -- been a happy user of V1 since early on.

One thing I've noticed -- alphabetical sorting of the apps doesn't actually seem to show them alphabetically for me. I can't figure out what order they're displayed in ... perhaps the name of the APK as opposed to the app name?

Also, as some have posted in the Play Store comments, the circular Quick Launch spots look nice but they're a little small on my HTC One and don't show the app very clearly.

greatdaneduke

Apr 18, 2012
Saw this yesterday and installed it. Bought it today. Incredible app. Samsung should give this a good look. Absolutely the best organizational app I have used.

Sent from my SCH-I535

fumes_dog

Apr 7, 2013
an amazing app. Can't give any suggestion at all. But just found folder item limit of 5 is too low. Will u change it to more? I think from the size of folder container, 4x3 (12) should be not a problem. hope u can enlarge the limit.

testrider

Apr 11, 2012
Los Angeles
how do I move the trigger button to the left side? as soon as I click on it, stb opened up.

also, how do I clear out the quick launch buttons?

Sent from my SGH-T989

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
I bought V2 as soon as I saw it -- been a happy user of V1 since early on.

One thing I've noticed -- alphabetical sorting of the apps doesn't actually seem to show them alphabetically for me. I can't figure out what order they're displayed in ... perhaps the name of the APK as opposed to the app name?
Here's a screenshot I took yesterday that I believe shows the strange sort order I posted about. Jerryfan2000, any idea what's going on here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-02-14-41-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-02-14-41-35.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 347

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Smart Taskbar V2]
    Smart Taskbar is designed to make you use your phone one handed easily. All new V2 is even more one hand optimized. Launch any application instantly without leaving your current window. Swipe your finger or click the trigger icon anytime in any App to bring up Smart Taskbar panel for super fast app launching also works as app organizer, folder organizer, multi tasker, task killer, and shortcut manager. The App is carefully designed and implemented to make sure you can comfortable do most things with just one hand. If you are one hand operation freak and is always looking for something to use your phone easier with one hand, then Smart Taskbar 2 is the right thing for you. Although it is capable, but I still don't suggest you use my App in driving. :silly:

How is everyone saying about V1:
    Showcased in XDA front page in 2010
    Showcased in addictivetips front page in 2010
    Showcased in howtogeek in 2011
    Reviewed by lifehacker in 2012

[Some Background]
    About three years ago, I introduced an app called Smart Taskbar which used a never been used technique called system overlay window to demonstrate the potential benefit of using top level window in Android Apps to create something that is always on top and always available first time. So thats why you see many many devs that use similar technique to make their Apps such as swipe pad, swapps, sidebar...etc. Many of you may not know its me who brought you the first app in this class in Android Market by the time because app Smart Taskbar V1 is not as famous as other similar apps. Probably due to lack of details or it is simply too engineering style.

During my development of V1 in 2010, I asked many friends around me to see how's their reaction with an always available, always displayed, tiny trigger button design thats is displayed all the time on screen to access a small launcher style window when pressed. All of them told me its obstructive and bad of user experience. 3 years has passed. Even Apple adopt the idea in their iOS5 called accessitive touch. I don't know did Apple engineers know about my App. But I am quite happy that my concept is accepted by Apple.

If you are interested to know more about my V1, you can refer to this XDA thread for more details:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/android/smart-taskbar-launch-any-app-in-2-steps/

So I decided to create a V2 to improve problems that I have in V1. I started the requirement and feature development as early as the beginning of 2012 and started real coding job in Jun 2012. Finally after about 6 months of hard coding, I released my first beta on PlayStore in March, 2013. After two more months of beta and debugging, I think its ready to announce the App to everyone on XDA today.

[Features]
    ☆One click in any window to access Smart Taskbar main panel without leaving your current window
    ☆10 speedy quick launch spots for 1 click App/Custom action launching
    ☆Organize Apps/Actions in groups
    ☆Organize Apps/Actions in folder
    ☆Task Switcher
    ☆Add unlimited number of widget to use (No more desktop space limit)
    ☆Gesture driven
    Build custom action (aka shortcut) to do more
    ☆Do basic App management such as force stop or uninstall directly on screen
    ☆Sortable App list by filter of frequency, alpha numerical, or installation time

[New In V2]
    ☆Brand new one hand friendly design
    ☆All graphics now in HD quality
    ☆Runs different UI on Pad and Phone
    ☆Gesture driven
    ☆New folder design for you to create multi dimensional gropus
    ☆5 more quick launch spots
    ☆Sortable list
    ☆Free dragable trigger icon

[Download]
    (1) From Playstore [Link]
    (2) Or from attachment provided in this thread

[Video]
    Pay for a new version???? A new way...it's the Androgreed! !!

Sent with Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT I9505)

I was so struggling during the entire development time. Initially I planned to make both versions share the same key because I estimated the development time won't go over 2 month. However, at the end, I spent more than 6 month of hard work to finish it. Everyday, I at least spend 8 hours on it. In so many occasion, I wanted to take a break and have vacation somehow. But I didn't because I knew the schedule was already behind. Because of this, around the 4th month in development, I decided to end the go free or go pay struggle. I hope you can also understand that. In addition to that, most people upgrade their apps gradually to v2, v3, v4... etc. Maybe Its a mistake I made that I choose to start everything over new. So this is really not an easy upgrade to me.
    :good:

one advice I have, use Holo design please, but in terms of functionality this is awesome

This is awesome except for i want to change the colors or have some themes to choose from

This will be my next step. I also want to make additional more free skins for it too.
    I hope that the UI be more clean and elegant. :)

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium

I am planning to throw in new themes later.
    I usually use titanium backup to move apps to my sd card (sometimes I just go to apps in settings)
    Pro version supports backup...I suppose I could just restore backup after reboot.
    I hope you solve this issue at some point...it's a great app!

Thx for the info. I thought it was due to sdcard ready timing issue during bootup. But i just did an experiment by booting up my phone with 3 apps on sdcard while sdcard was pulled out, my app can still know those apps are in sdcard and not ready to use. Now I think it has something to do with Ti backup. I will study why. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app