Best app for writing a book?

Search This thread

Qbm

May 19, 2013
Just started writing a book and I'm currently using Google drive but need something better like word with spell check ect and needs to be able to save to my tab rather than online. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Questionssm

Feb 4, 2014
Just started writing a book and I'm currently using Google drive but need something better like word with spell check ect and needs to be able to save to my tab rather than online. Any ideas?

Several manufacturers produce computers with physical keys for typing. A simple google search revealed a plethora of products that seem designed for word. And added benefit you can send files to google drive if your into that sort of thing.

Hope that helps!

Alepvn

Dec 4, 2013
I'd say Evernote, it may surprise you but it's really good, you can use it wherever you are, it's safe, easy to use, it can work offline
Check it out, it might work for you

Alepvn

Dec 4, 2013
Yeah officepro is a good one, you have to pay for it though and I don't think you can sync your stuff with the computer if you want to work on it as well, at least not as well as Evernote, but it's a good option too
Good luck with your book :)

Qbm

May 19, 2013
I like Polaris office

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I got office pro suite for free as an Amazon FAOTD. It saves as a word document, so i usually email or usb transfer the files.

Yeah officepro is a good one, you have to pay for it though and I don't think you can sync your stuff with the computer if you want to work on it as well, at least not as well as Evernote, but it's a good option too

Documents to go or officepro suite would be my recommendations.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of book is it?

I'd say Evernote, it may surprise you but it's really good, you can use it wherever you are, it's safe, easy to use, it can work offline

Cheers guys will give them all a try. Sure one will work for me.

Here's the prologue if you like it let me know.

A darkened room four floors up overlooking an abandoned street in Croydon. Rain crashed against the windows, like waves smashing against a ship in a deadly storm. Would this be where the inevitable demise of a turmoiled Sam met his end. God knows, after all he had been through over the last twenty four hours, he didn't have the fight left in him to make it out alive.

A bolt of lighting struck the building, knocking out the power and plummeting Sam into darkness, which he had been longing for for some time now. A earth trembling rumble of thunder shook the building to the core for what seemed like a life time. Then nothing.....silence. From out of the silence, foot steps could be heard in the distance ever getting louder and closer. Sam wasn't concerned by whoever was coming for him. After all this was his hunting ground and he had seen so many come before and all of them had fell at his hands.

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the building and quickly filled the hallway outside. Every thing fell eerily silent once again. Sam was cornered with no way out, but his facial expression had not once changed over the last eight years. He was a calm and collected killer, with no regard for the smucks sent to kill him. He knew what he needed to do, and was yet to fail. He was the perfect killing machine, But maybe this time he had underestimated his enemies....

"Too late now" Sam muttered to himself as torch lights eclipsed the door frame. The door burst open and bright lights engulfed the room.....

FLASHBACK TO 48 HOURS EARLIER...

Reactions: ederstk

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013

A darkened room four floors up overlooking an abandoned street in Croydon. Rain crashed against the windows, like waves smashing against a ship in a deadly storm. Would this be where the inevitable demise of a turmoiled Sam met his end. God knows, after all he had been through over the last twenty four hours, he didn't have the fight left in him to make it out alive.

A bolt of lighting struck the building, knocking out the power and plummeting Sam into darkness, which he had been longing for for some time now. A earth trembling rumble of thunder shook the building to the core for what seemed like a life time. Then nothing.....silence. From out of the silence, foot steps could be heard in the distance ever getting louder and closer. Sam wasn't concerned by whoever was coming for him. After all this was his hunting ground and he had seen so many come before and all of them had fell at his hands.

The sound of footsteps echoed throughout the building and quickly filled the hallway outside. Every thing fell eerily silent once again. Sam was cornered with no way out, but his facial expression had not once changed over the last eight years. He was a calm and collected killer, with no regard for the smucks sent to kill him. He knew what he needed to do, and was yet to fail. He was the perfect killing machine, But maybe this time he had underestimated his enemies....

"Too late now" Sam muttered to himself as torch lights eclipsed the door frame. The door burst open and bright lights engulfed the room.....

Would this be where the inevitable demise of a turmoiled Sam met his end.
As a fellow writer I hope you change this sentence. Very awkward. I like it though

Qbm

May 19, 2013
Would this be where the inevitable demise of a turmoiled Sam met his end.
As a fellow writer I hope you change this sentence. Very awkward. I like it though

Sorry my first try at writing a book. Thought how hard can it be lol only ever read half a James Patterson book and got bored. other than books years ago in English at school. What would you suggest, would meet his end be better?

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Would this be were the distraught Sam (last name) would meet hours inevitable demise?
That's one way to word it. It was the order more than anything. Always reread it out loud.

Bun110

Sep 7, 2010
Somewhat on topic ~ I wish there were Tinderbox, Scrivener equivalents for Android, I would most certainly pay Top dollar for this. Any devs. working on something that offers these features but takes advantage of sPen inputs?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

anthropoidape

Sep 12, 2011
His demise is his end, so "Would this be where the inevitable demise of a turmoiled Sam met his end" doesn't actually make sense.

"Would this be where Sam met his demise?" or "would this be where Sam met his end?" would make sense. To write noirish stuff well put down the Patterson and pick up some Chandler.

Anyway.

On the same note, and sadly accepting that I'll probably be writing much less interesting things than a novel for the foreseeable... is it possible to work using dropbox as if it were a local folder? That is can I open a doc in my dropbox folder on my Note 10.1, work on it, save it, and then pick it up on another device via dropbox as well? So far I've not worked this out but it would be the most seamless way for me to work the way I'd like to.

Duly.noted

Dec 5, 2013
Use drop box Sync You can set it to automatically back up a local folder to dropbox SO One reflect the changes in the other

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

oh and his * in my last post not hours. I hate swype sometimes

anthropoidape

Sep 12, 2011
Use drop box Sync You can set it to automatically back up a local folder to dropbox SO One reflect the changes in the other

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

oh and his * in my last post not hours. I hate swype sometimes

Thanks. That gives me something to experiment with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I like Polaris office

I got office pro suite for free as an Amazon FAOTD. It saves as a word document, so i usually email or usb transfer the files.

Documents to go or officepro suite would be my recommendations.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of book is it?