[ML2 Guide] Flashing ROM's on the ML2 SS 3.71

Search This thread

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
ML2 SafeStrap ROM Flashing Guide!

Hello Guys!
This is my guide for flashing most galaxy S4 ROM's on ML2 without custom kernel .

•First Root your phone with this method: Root On ML2 OTA!
•Then Grab the SS.apk VERSION 3.71 Download install th app, Open it and press on install recovery Safestrap in the app.
•After that download a 4.3 ROM (For now only 4.3 and 4.2.2 work...) and the ML2 modules from here: ML2 modules
•Reboot into SS and make a new Create ROM-Slot.
•As soon as the boot partition is done click install (If it is green) and chose your ROM and flash it and then flash the Modules.
•Reboot and all done!

Lets Say I chose Hyperdrive RLS15, So I root my phone, Input SS, and download the Hyperdrive ROM, then I reboot into SafeStrap and make a new boot partition flash the ROM and after Aroma UNcheck Reboot, then flash Modules and only then reboot.

If IMEI or WiFi doesn't work try my guide: Transformix's IMEI and WiFi FIX

BUGS: Camera FC.

CAMERA FIX? <Needs testers!
Camera Patch for ML2
Just boot into SafeStrap's TWRP and flash it!

Hpe you like my guide :)
-TransformixS4​

Last edited:

sagi232123

Nov 3, 2009
I made my own modeuls and its work :D
My camera wasnt working thanks alotttttttt ! !! :D
edit:Camera still not working

Last edited:
Reactions: AndroidState

RuizM

Mar 25, 2014
Thank for for this guide. Quick question, I have Hyperdrive SL15 with the modules and att compatability pack but after doing everything step by step I don't have data or wifi. My question is, with the imie wifi fix you posted, will that affect my stock rom? I still have data and wifi if I run stock but not Hyperdrive. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't want to lose my data & wifi on my stock. My phone is my only online source. :)

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
Thank for for this guide. Quick question, I have Hyperdrive SL15 with the modules and att compatability pack but after doing everything step by step I don't have data or wifi. My question is, with the imie wifi fix you posted, will that affect my stock rom? I still have data and wifi if I run stock but not Hyperdrive. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I don't want to lose my data & wifi on my stock. My phone is my only online source. :)

Truth is that I really don't know. Flash the ML2 models again.
I would try for you but I left Hyperdrive because it was too mushy with lots of addons everywhere.
IF modules don't work I would flash the IMEI fix for ML2.

RuizM

Mar 25, 2014
Truth is that I really don't know. Flash the ML2 models again.
I would try for you but I left Hyperdrive because it was too mushy with lots of addons everywhere.
IF modules don't work I would flash the IMEI fix for ML2.

Reflashed ML2 modules and that fixed the wifi but not data. Weird. Anyway what rom are you running now? I'm just curious about the roms that work for the guide you posted. Thank you!

Reflashed ML2 modules and that fixed the wifi but not data. Weird. Anyway what rom are you running? I'm just looking to try the ones that are for this guide you posted. Thank you again!

sagi232123

Nov 3, 2009
Reflashed ML2 modules and that fixed the wifi but not data. Weird. Anyway what rom are you running now? I'm just curious about the roms that work for the guide you posted. Thank you!

Reflashed ML2 modules and that fixed the wifi but not data. Weird. Anyway what rom are you running? I'm just looking to try the ones that are for this guide you posted. Thank you again!

Maybe you need the apn's for your network check it ..
btw you dont get the camera working ..

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY

I decided to run official Rooted with Busybox and Galaxy S5 theme.
I might make a rom with my theme in it for you guys.

straby187

Dec 13, 2009
Something flashable for us ML2 i537 guys without all the bloatware would be much appreciated.. Which official please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: oodork123

RuizM

Mar 25, 2014

Yeah I got the APN and that got the LTE Data working and the camera doesn't work. I know that's an ongoing issue. I also can't seem to get mms to send or receive but everything else seems to work pretty good now. Sticking with stock until I hear what other roms people get working on this.

Xanthos58

Mar 24, 2014
Menu and back buttons do not work on hyper drive 15?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

ToledoG28

Mar 19, 2012
Ponce
I decided to run official Rooted with Busybox and Galaxy S5 theme.
I might make a rom with my theme in it for you guys.

Awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Menu and back buttons do not work on hyper drive 15?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2491762
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using xda app-developers app

Look here. There is a patch. I dont know if it work. Read before anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
Hi, I recently flashed Hyperdrive onto my S4A but had the obligatory cam bug as only issue afterwards for which your patch didn't seem to work with unfortunately.

Maibol

Jan 9, 2011
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 7
hi @transformix i follow your guide and i flash a few roms all of them works but i couldn't make the camera to work :(. it is possible that i could flash 4.2 roms on the 4.3 bootloader? as i know from past experiences it could brick things and as im a newbie here i hadn't read enough yet to see if this could be possible im thinking about gpe rom as it at least no matter how old it is is aosp and it could make fell better than the crappy tw stock rom :p .

ty for your guide and nice work

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ML2 SafeStrap ROM Flashing Guide!

Hello Guys!
    This is my guide for flashing most galaxy S4 ROM's on ML2 without custom kernel .

•First Root your phone with this method: Root On ML2 OTA!
    •Then Grab the SS.apk VERSION 3.71 Download install th app, Open it and press on install recovery Safestrap in the app.
    •After that download a 4.3 ROM (For now only 4.3 and 4.2.2 work...) and the ML2 modules from here: ML2 modules
    •Reboot into SS and make a new Create ROM-Slot.
    •As soon as the boot partition is done click install (If it is green) and chose your ROM and flash it and then flash the Modules.
    •Reboot and all done!

Lets Say I chose Hyperdrive RLS15, So I root my phone, Input SS, and download the Hyperdrive ROM, then I reboot into SafeStrap and make a new boot partition flash the ROM and after Aroma UNcheck Reboot, then flash Modules and only then reboot.

If IMEI or WiFi doesn't work try my guide: Transformix's IMEI and WiFi FIX

BUGS: Camera FC.

CAMERA FIX? <Needs testers!
    Camera Patch for ML2
    Just boot into SafeStrap's TWRP and flash it!

Hpe you like my guide :)
    -TransformixS4​
    I made my own modeuls and its work :D
    My camera wasnt working thanks alotttttttt ! !! :D
    edit:Camera still not working

Something flashable for us ML2 i537 guys without all the bloatware would be much appreciated.. Which official please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app