[APP] Omate TrueSmart Root Tool

Search This thread

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I PROJECT IS ON HOLD UNTIL MY TRUESMART ARRIVES. THIS TOOL IS CURRENTLY ONLY PARTIALLY FUNCTIONAL. DO NOT USE IT YET.

Hey guys, this is the official thread for my Omate TrueSmart Root Tool. Using it, it will automatically (and with one click) root your device, install TWRP OpenRecovery 2.7, and install Lokifish Marz' EnSec Security Patch. It will also soon be able to backup and restore entire roms via images.

Version 1.0.0 only contains the Root and Reboot into Recovery functions, and recovery is not yet included. The next iteration, 1.2.1 (many iterations between the two already) is almost complete, and will include all of the above functions minus the return to stock buttons. Those will likely be their own app, due to the very large file size required.

6sx9b5.png

Release version:
Download:
Code:
Removed due to incompatibilities

Ensure you've got USB Debugging turned on in Settings > Developer Options before trying to root.

Also, keep in mind. I don't yet have a device, so a dedicated tester with a device in hand would be nice. *hint hint*

Alpha test version:
Download:
Code:

Last edited:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Changelog:

4/18/2014 - 1.2.1 - Added EnSec recovery to root function, as well as TWRP recovery. Added EnSec, Backup, adb restore, fastboot restore, and credits buttons.

4/10/2014 - 1.0.0 - Root and reboot into recovery functions added. Initial release.

Last edited:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Good news. The tool is about 90% complete. All functions are there except for the "return to rooted stock" function, and it'll be easy. The bad news? It's now a 639Mb download. -.-

Thinking about taking out the return to stock function. That's about... 600Mb of that.

speedyink

Sep 10, 2010
Good news. The tool is about 90% complete. All functions are there except for the "return to rooted stock" function, and it'll be easy. The bad news? It's now a 639Mb download. -.-

Thinking about taking out the return to stock function. That's about... 600Mb of that.

Maybe make the return to stock function a seperate tool?

Reactions: ClearD

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
That's a good idea. I may do just that actually :)

Sent using XDA-funded carrier pigeons

EDIT: I should be able to get that done tomorrow, I hope. Working on some other things tonight, then I'll get back to working on this. :)

Last edited:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Ok, so scratch the last. Slimmed down version sans-"return to stock" button is here:

TrueSmart Root Tool Version 1.2.1

It's an alpha build and I have no idea if it'll work or not. I need someone to test that is courageous and knows how to restore their device if something goes wrong (with SPTools most likely). It's only around a 40Mb download this time, so if someone is brave, try to test out all the functions for me. Download a stock rom before testing though, just in case. :) As stated many times before, I don't have my watch yet and I'm flying blind here.

Reactions: speedyink

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
I'll try to have it done tonight. The tools are all there, I just need to build it. :)

EDIT: Also, 2 downloads above so far. Any news on it yet? Does it work as it's supposed to?

Last edited:

GADGTGUY

Aug 18, 2007
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I'll try to have it done tonight. The tools are all there, I just need to build it. :)

EDIT: Also, 2 downloads above so far. Any news on it yet? Does it work as it's supposed to?

Hi,

I am willing to test, however, any chance you could put up the version that would allow me to go back to stock?

I have the EnSec + Operative 20140318 loaded now and would really like to go back to stock before testing the patching part of your app.

D.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Hi,

I am willing to test, however, any chance you could put up the version that would allow me to go back to stock?

I have the EnSec + Operative 20140318 loaded now and would really like to go back to stock before testing the patching part of your app.

D.

Well, I'm not positive it will work. That would also need tested, but I'll work on building it right now. You should be able to use the SPTools before testing though, as you can always return to stock that way.

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Also, can I get a sticky, since people are downloading this, and it will eventually be an integral tool? I'd appreciate it. :) Updated OP as well. Moving 1.2.1 to alpha release, but still no feedback from anyone.

Last edited:

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Now added to [INFO] Everything sticky in the Root section.

Also ran 1.2.1 with the following errors "chmod is not recognized..." and rm is not recognized...". Just a heads up.

Does the device not have proper shell, or...? Also, which button was that?

Code:
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/pwn
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/pwn

I assume?

Last edited:

Lokifish Marz

Mar 13, 2011
Olympus Mons, Mars
martian-imperium.com
Sorry about that.

Omate TrueSmart Root Tool V1.2.1
Root, Recovery, Patch (button #1)
Truesmart
1/8 1900
20140120 firmware (format all clean flash)

haven't had time to go back and take a more in depth look. Been bust debating if I should get an S4 Zoom or not.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I PROJECT IS ON HOLD UNTIL MY TRUESMART ARRIVES. THIS TOOL IS CURRENTLY ONLY PARTIALLY FUNCTIONAL. DO NOT USE IT YET.

Hey guys, this is the official thread for my Omate TrueSmart Root Tool. Using it, it will automatically (and with one click) root your device, install TWRP OpenRecovery 2.7, and install Lokifish Marz' EnSec Security Patch. It will also soon be able to backup and restore entire roms via images.

Version 1.0.0 only contains the Root and Reboot into Recovery functions, and recovery is not yet included. The next iteration, 1.2.1 (many iterations between the two already) is almost complete, and will include all of the above functions minus the return to stock buttons. Those will likely be their own app, due to the very large file size required.

6sx9b5.png

Release version:
    Download:
    Code:

Ensure you've got USB Debugging turned on in Settings > Developer Options before trying to root.

Also, keep in mind. I don't yet have a device, so a dedicated tester with a device in hand would be nice. *hint hint*

Alpha test version:
    Download:
    Code:
    Changelog:

4/18/2014 - 1.2.1 - Added EnSec recovery to root function, as well as TWRP recovery. Added EnSec, Backup, adb restore, fastboot restore, and credits buttons.

4/10/2014 - 1.0.0 - Root and reboot into recovery functions added. Initial release.
    ok...
    i have try to use the "Omate TrueSmart Root tool 1.2.1" => http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51808413&postcount=1
    my device is 2100 UI 2.0 1GB Ram/8Gb Rom 2100 Mhz Eu
    i have try: Root, Recovery and Patch
    but now the device is stopped in the start logo omate! :(

i have wait 8 mounth and i have used 8 minutes!!!!! ahahahha LoL :(

The root tools is not compatible with latest 4th list 1/8/2100.

Please see my post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2758733
    to see how to get back. I also have a system FW dump which works ONLY and exclusively for this version of TS there.

Sent from my HTC_One_max using XDA Premium HD app
    It is so odd to me, the way the TrueSmart ships. My understanding is that the user on these devices is running as superuser with full root privileges straight out of the box. So, any programs the user runs all run with root privileges as well. This totally open mode confuses APS that ask for root via su, which is missing on the TrueSmart, and so they get a fail when asking for the root privs and they quit or something like that. Other, evil, APS like might be downloaded and run via driveby downloads for example, will run as root because they inherit the user privs.

I know Loki's EnSec patch installs su and a superuser app like maybe Chainfire's, but I don't know what else it does.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...artwa/comments?cursor=6714392#comment-6714391

and that's just a partial explanation. You know that ransomware story that came out. That can be done via websites, some of which are in the blocked hosts file.
    This tool was literally only for the Omate TrueSmart version 1. I've removed all links, as I don't own the device any longer. You may be able to download and flash a rom back onto your device using the mtk tools, if you can locate them in this forum area. Due to the ridiculous amount of variants of this device, a single solid root tool is virtually impossible. That's why other developers have also migrated away from it. I left this here for nostalgia, but realize that was a mistake. Again, look for the mtk tools and they may help you flash a rom back to your device.