SlickWraps Skin For Nexus 5 Review with Images and Video

Search This thread

nrp31

Sep 15, 2012
1.Introduction and Package Contents
hIrHmwyl

Hello,Fellow Nexus 5 Users! This is the review of the SlickWraps Skin for our Google Nexus 5.Most of you might have heard of SlickWraps.They produce a variety of skins for a plethora of devices such as smartphones,consoles,smartwatches etc.Do check out their website www.slickwraps.com and I’d like to thank them for sending one out to me for review.
OWtFxWpl

So,The skin which I have here is the white alligator skin from the leather series.The package came to me by Post,Slickwraps does send these skins worldwide.Inside the package,The are the front,side and rear wraps for the Nexus 5 along with 3 tiny wraps for the USB cable and wall adapter.Slickwraps also includes a nice clear Screen Protector inside the Package.

The screen protector is good.It only covers the screen instead of covering the whole front of the phone.This prevent any TPU case from creeping under the protector and removing it

Installation

Coming to the skin,the installation is actually pretty simple.Just align the skin properly with all the ports and the buttons and you are good to go.Do keep a hair dryer next to you while installing because after installing the skin,you need to use it around the sides and edges of the screen.This will melt the vinyl of the skin and it will stick properly to the phone.Also,this skin is removable and it will not leave any residue. So if you don't get it right the first time,you can re apply it again. Also, when applying the front skin,make sure not to cover the proximity sensor because if you do, the screen would go off,in case you try to call someone.Try to keep the notification light blinking so that you don't cover it either.

My Opinions and Review
After using the skin for a few days,I feel that it is a nice little addition to the Nexus 5.It gives the phone a different look than the traditional colors and makes your phone stand out from the crowd.The cut outs are perfect for all the phones but I feel that the finishing of the skin is great but it could be slightly better.The skin attaches perfectly to the phone and it won't get detached from the phone accidentally.Overall,the skin feels very nice and in my opinion the white leather skin which I have looks amazing on the Nexus 5.For $16.95,considering that you also get a screen protector,it is definitely worth checking out.SlickWraps also did send me its camera lens protector and a few Nexus 'X' Stickers.
If you don't like this particular skin,there are many other series and colours to choose from.I have attacthed high resolution images of the skin in this thread.I hope you guys like it.
For more details and instructions,watch my full review/installation video linked below.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOEvXM9qqI

Do drop your questions and feedback about the skin.
Thank You!

Attachments

• DSC00235.jpg
    DSC00235.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 399
  • DSC00238.jpg
    DSC00238.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 349
  • DSC00241.jpg
    DSC00241.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 358
  • DSC00242.jpg
    DSC00242.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00243.jpg
    DSC00243.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 293
  • DSC00247.jpg
    DSC00247.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 297
  • DSC00253.jpg
    DSC00253.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 320
  • vlcsnap-2014-04-18-14h46m57s238.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-04-18-14h46m57s238.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 261
  • vlcsnap-2014-04-18-14h47m09s85.jpg
    vlcsnap-2014-04-18-14h47m09s85.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 248
Reactions: slickwraps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.Introduction and Package Contents
    hIrHmwyl

Hello,Fellow Nexus 5 Users! This is the review of the SlickWraps Skin for our Google Nexus 5.Most of you might have heard of SlickWraps.They produce a variety of skins for a plethora of devices such as smartphones,consoles,smartwatches etc.Do check out their website www.slickwraps.com and I’d like to thank them for sending one out to me for review.
    OWtFxWpl

So,The skin which I have here is the white alligator skin from the leather series.The package came to me by Post,Slickwraps does send these skins worldwide.Inside the package,The are the front,side and rear wraps for the Nexus 5 along with 3 tiny wraps for the USB cable and wall adapter.Slickwraps also includes a nice clear Screen Protector inside the Package.

The screen protector is good.It only covers the screen instead of covering the whole front of the phone.This prevent any TPU case from creeping under the protector and removing it

Installation

Coming to the skin,the installation is actually pretty simple.Just align the skin properly with all the ports and the buttons and you are good to go.Do keep a hair dryer next to you while installing because after installing the skin,you need to use it around the sides and edges of the screen.This will melt the vinyl of the skin and it will stick properly to the phone.Also,this skin is removable and it will not leave any residue. So if you don't get it right the first time,you can re apply it again. Also, when applying the front skin,make sure not to cover the proximity sensor because if you do, the screen would go off,in case you try to call someone.Try to keep the notification light blinking so that you don't cover it either.

My Opinions and Review
    After using the skin for a few days,I feel that it is a nice little addition to the Nexus 5.It gives the phone a different look than the traditional colors and makes your phone stand out from the crowd.The cut outs are perfect for all the phones but I feel that the finishing of the skin is great but it could be slightly better.The skin attaches perfectly to the phone and it won't get detached from the phone accidentally.Overall,the skin feels very nice and in my opinion the white leather skin which I have looks amazing on the Nexus 5.For $16.95,considering that you also get a screen protector,it is definitely worth checking out.SlickWraps also did send me its camera lens protector and a few Nexus 'X' Stickers.
    If you don't like this particular skin,there are many other series and colours to choose from.I have attacthed high resolution images of the skin in this thread.I hope you guys like it.
    For more details and instructions,watch my full review/installation video linked below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQOEvXM9qqI

Do drop your questions and feedback about the skin.
    Thank You!